Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/katiehill4ca/status/1273696328489426944?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Not in California, no punctuation allowed in names

em dash rights

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
(screencapping in case she deletes this)
Well, at least there's no need to spend energy on primarying her.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

T-man posted:

em dash rights

they explicitly allow the em dash as an exception

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

they explicitly allow the em dash as an exception

We have overcome! First em dashes, next the world!

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Wendell
May 11, 2003

WOW. What a shithead.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Upper class Venezuelans almost all know english whereas the working class knows very little, perhaps beginner fluency at most. it's an intense class divide there and i'm not sure why people are getting called racist for suggesting that english speaking venezuelans are almost certain to be oil baron families or slumlords who chafe under chavismo and do everything possible to sabotage it besides tweeting pro-trump poo poo, including burning food storage areas just so they can call chavismo a failure and blame starvation on maduro. Colorism is very much alive and real as well.

it's an extremely apt parallel to cuban expats in miami who are some of the most politically reprehensible human beings you'll encounter and in no way represent the population of cuba as a whole, not even at large. I'm not really sure how the gently caress it became racist to discuss class issues.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

that probably comes as a big shock to the venezuelans i talk to online who struggle to survive doing art commissions, amazing how they were all secretly slumlords all along

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

that probably comes as a big shock to the venezuelans i talk to online who struggle to survive doing art commissions, amazing how they were all secretly slumlords all along

You fool. You absolute idiot. Falling for the psy-ops agents specially trained in the highly advanced art of *checks notes* speaking English.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Personally I wouldn’t want to live in a world where we can’t trust the people we meet online

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Every time you post I bemoan the LP forums ever being public

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

HiroProtagonist posted:

Upper class Venezuelans almost all know english whereas the working class knows very little, perhaps beginner fluency at most. it's an intense class divide there and i'm not sure why people are getting called racist for suggesting that english speaking venezuelans are almost certain to be oil baron families or slumlords who chafe under chavismo and do everything possible to sabotage it besides tweeting pro-trump poo poo, including burning food storage areas just so they can call chavismo a failure and blame starvation on maduro. Colorism is very much alive and real as well.

it's an extremely apt parallel to cuban expats in miami who are some of the most politically reprehensible human beings you'll encounter and in no way represent the population of cuba as a whole, not even at large. I'm not really sure how the gently caress it became racist to discuss class issues.

What a loving indictment of Chavez and Maduro, considering they were in power for twenty years and yet somehow only evil slumlords and oil barons speak English. Shut the everliving gently caress up, tankie trash.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

i don't have to take that kind of sass from a former GIP poster

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
"Don't listen to Venezuelans who speak English. The real truth about Venezuela comes from American journalists for TeleSur who live in a secured Potemkin Village in Caracas". Get hosed.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What a loving indictment of Chavez and Maduro, considering they were in power for twenty years and yet somehow only evil slumlords and oil barons speak English. Shut the everliving gently caress up, tankie trash.

now this is the pyf content I crave

next up on euros not knowing poo poo about venezuela: we get to hear a spirited defense of the people spouting racist and homophobic slurs in front of the venezuelan embassy for an entire month assaulting people under the secret service's eyes and how this is also maduro's fault. :allears:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"Don't listen to Venezuelans who speak English. The real truth about Venezuela comes from American journalists for TeleSur who live in a secured Potemkin Village in Caracas". Get hosed.

Getting so, so mad about imaginary bad takes is the bad kind of homemade IoSM

E: you literally posted, waited a while, then posted again after nobody engaged with you to just be even madder online. Lol go back to D&D

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
e: nevermind, arguing with cspam fash is not productive. apologies, mods.

Gervasius has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Jun 18, 2020

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Thread is generating a lot of content today.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You know, I was just thinking about how since this thread was rebooted the derails really slowed down, but between this and that guy’s gross RPG campaign group it’s making up for lost time.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gervasius posted:

You aware we had actual dnd venezuela thread, with actual venezuelans there? Computer touchers, college students and others, before cspam fash chased them all out?

Tankies like to pretend that Venezuelans talking for years about the deteriorating situation there and ending up running off and then trying to get their families out was some horrible imperialist plot and it was only heroes like Borneo Jimmy who'd periodically come in, dump the latest bullshit from TeleSur, then leave, who were keeping up the revolutionary spirit.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

sorry, providing more content

https://twitter.com/minnpj/status/1273697141760892930?s=20

this gaetz poo poo gets weirder and weirder

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Someone check Epstein's little black book

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Tankies like to pretend that Venezuelans talking for years about the deteriorating situation there and ending up running off and then trying to get their families out was some horrible imperialist plot and it was only heroes like Borneo Jimmy who'd periodically come in, dump the latest bullshit from TeleSur, then leave, who were keeping up the revolutionary spirit.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/row/IF10715.pdf

I dunno man you're the one who thinks boots riley is being racist for implying that pro-trump venezuelans tweeting exclusively in english and not, you know, disingenuous wreckers who might be playing to a larger audience.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It didn't even seem like the stuff about Venezuela was the real issue here, but when they tried to pivot to saying that nobody in any country learns English unless they're rich. Like whatever Venezuela's situation is or isn't the whole tangent of applying those same statements to all over Europe, etc., seemed like the part that was really out there.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Let me help get this train of idiots on social media back on track with a primo slice of :stare:

https://twitter.com/BobaSquared/status/1273736417374539779?s=20

followup: apparently it starting from a discussion of fiction

https://twitter.com/BobaSquared/status/1273736564603060227?s=20

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1255960131491299328

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Idiots on Social Media: PENIS ATROPHIED and no longer works

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Here, have a palate... something (:nws: due to strong language)

https://twitter.com/FilkinsEd/status/1273701831307407361

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Powered Descent posted:

Time to haul out an old classic:

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Sunswipe posted:

Idiots on Social Media: PENIS ATROPHIED and no longer works

That's good but "this is the side of cuckolding no one told me about" is a strong contender:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Berth ell pup?

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Absurd Alhazred posted:

*Inception horn plays*

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Current people that want to 'help' Venezuela: Trump, Bolsanaro, British Tories

Hmmm. HMMMM!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

you leaked the mod forum????

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Regarde Aduck posted:

Current people that want to 'help' Venezuela: Trump, Bolsanaro, British Tories

Hmmm. HMMMM!

Trump actually likes Maduro now, because of all the good-looking generals he has

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

That's about enough about Venezuela in this thread, folks.

Find some other idiots on social media, preferably the "funny" kind of idiocy and not the "spittle-flecked lunatic" kind.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
loving WEIRD

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1273774246443937793

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Gamers are trash

https://twitter.com/Charalanahzard/status/1273772788730347520?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

TLOU2 is really really not an SJW game by any metric is the baffling thing about these guys

it's basically an endless parade of sadness and misery, and that was just the dev cycle, let alone the plot :v: