Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
That phyrexian swamp is badass and I want like 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

flatluigi posted:

Blake Rasmussen (Q): There are a couple of questions about this in chat, so I'm just gonna paraphrase. There are three cards in jump start that have Terese Nielsen's art in them. Will we see any more of her art in the future?
Doug Beyer (A): Great question. We hear you. We haven't commissioned new art from Terese Nielsen in quite a while. The last product that will have any reprint art from her is this fall with Zendikar Rising.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/654758457?t=00h44m08s

can i get a just divest emote in the style of the just post emote

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Also until Terese Nielsen outright says some outlandish poo poo, WotC is going to continue to look the other way because there's plausible deniability, which gives Hasbro a lot of leeway. It also makes the people yelling about it look like they're part of ~cancel culture~ because people who don't go out of their way to find information don't see her doing anything wrong.

Edit: I guess I'm wrong? Might head into the bad subreddit to get some schadenfreude on them screaming about censorship if I get drunk and need a laugh later.

Owlbear Camus posted:

i was hoping for more of a cute kitty in a tree forest but a cool great cat in the jungle forest is good, too.

Same, and I kept squinting at the image to see if there were some hiding in trees.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

A Moose posted:

You are literally the dumbest person alive. Liking donald trump IS doing something bigoted! She donated to a q-anon youtube channel. Is supporting white supremacy not bigoted unless you were physically present at a lynching?

Edit: What the gently caress, why wouldn't they put Sheoldred in Historic? that would have been an actually good reanimator target.

Why bother when the good reanimate cards aren't coming as well.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

GoutPatrol posted:

Why bother when the good reanimate cards aren't coming as well.

And can we say thank god for that! I'm so happy historic doesn't have t2 Sheoldreds.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Btw the Terese reprint they are hinting at is lotus cobra

Edit: nevermind it will probably be the chippy art, Terese’s reprint will probably be something else.

Tainen fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 18, 2020

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

A Moose posted:

Edit: What the gently caress, why wouldn't they put Sheoldred in Historic? that would have been an actually good reanimator target.

A quick scryfall search and I couldn't find any cards on Arena with landwalk, so I guess they didn't want to program that in.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

And can we say thank god for that! I'm so happy historic doesn't have t2 Sheoldreds.

Did they add a one mana discard effect to historic at some point? People keep talking about T2 stuff with Reanimate, but Haggle by itself isn't gonna do it consistently enough to be a problem.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

A Moose posted:

Liking donald trump IS doing something bigoted! She donated to a q-anon youtube channel. Is supporting white supremacy not bigoted unless you were physically present at a lynching?

This kind of dangerous fingering pointing is what's wrong with society now. People are attempting to create this distoptian belief system where there can be absolutely no wiggle room in a belief system. People like to take their own ideology and think they have just the perfect amount of it and if you don't completely embrace that view of the entire doctrine you're deemed a sinner by the collective and cast out.

The most extreme example I can think of off the top of my head is the finger pointing against Neilsen and the Harry Potter author and the screaming that people do to them by calling them TERFs. I think if you sat them down in an honest and real world setting they would probably tell you they believe that any and all people regardless of sex/gender should absolutely NOT be discriminated against that trans people should have every alienable right as anyone else (because they should) but because they said something like "Well, I don't think a Trans woman is actually a woman because they don't ovulate and don't actually know what it's like to grow up and suffer from the same things that natural born women do" people immediately pull the e-brake and refuse to listen to anything else because they do not believe in the 100% complete narrative of the one side and make it seem like they believe that all trans men and women should be locked in cages and sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

It's really loving psychotic and revolting that you can’t have a slight contextual disagreement on anything anymore

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

80s James Hetfield posted:

This kind of dangerous fingering pointing is what's wrong with society now. People are attempting to create this distoptian belief system where there can be absolutely no wiggle room in a belief system. People like to take their own ideology and think they have just the perfect amount of it and if you don't completely embrace that view of the entire doctrine you're deemed a sinner by the collective and cast out.

The most extreme example I can think of off the top of my head is the finger pointing against Neilsen and the Harry Potter author and the screaming that people do to them by calling them TERFs. I think if you sat them down in an honest and real world setting they would probably tell you they believe that any and all people regardless of sex/gender should absolutely NOT be discriminated against that trans people should have every alienable right as anyone else (because they should) but because they said something like "Well, I don't think a Trans woman is actually a woman because they don't ovulate and don't actually know what it's like to grow up and suffer from the same things that natural born women do" people immediately pull the e-brake and refuse to listen to anything else because they do not believe in the 100% complete narrative of the one side and make it seem like they believe that all trans men and women should be locked in cages and sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

It's really loving psychotic and revolting that you can’t have a slight contextual disagreement on anything anymore

QAnon is not a "slight contextual disagreement" with anything. They're a bunch of racist fascist psychos.

Crackbone fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 19, 2020

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Y I k E S

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

JK Rowling contributes to anti-trans organizations and is quite vocal about denying them rights, so good job on picking an example to illustrate our point for us.

Difference of opinion is when you can't agree about what goes on a pizza. Denying someone's rights should be reviled and rightly so.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

80's Hetfield off the top rope with an all time stinker of a post. Haven't had one of those in a while.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Can we go back at talking about Magic the Gathering the collectable fantasy card game, please?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Tainen posted:

Sheoldred will not be on arena

i dont know poo poo about phyrexian script but I thought it went vertically.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

SOURCE. YOUR. QUOTES.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

"Slight contextual disagreement" here meaning "imply or outright state that trans women are sexual predators just pretending to be women to get close to 'actual' women in bathrooms"

Trump banned Muslims from entering the country, trump tried to stop healthcare rights for trans folk literally this week, and that's to say nothing of the literal neo-nazi moves of stuff like his latest as and saying Ford had "good bloodlines"

Go gently caress yourself with a rake for the stupid false equivocation.

I hate the Dems in the US because they're broadly useless, but there's a difference between the kind of harmful neoliberalism we've seen for 40 years and the outward, not even dogwhistling white supremacy that the Trump admin has been trading on.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Brownhat posted:

Did they add a one mana discard effect to historic at some point? People keep talking about T2 stuff with Reanimate, but Haggle by itself isn't gonna do it consistently enough to be a problem.

You can Divest yourself or Haggle over it.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Holy poo poo remember when we made fun of him for stealing reddit upvotes? 2020 has been a hell of a year.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

A Moose posted:

SOURCE. YOUR. QUOTES.

probably reddit user 90s James Hetfield

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

this thread had the same topic last November when Autumn had those NO TERFS ON GRUUL TURF alters and we had a bunch of people expose themselves as transphobe apologists back then too

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

A Moose posted:

SOURCE. YOUR. QUOTES.

Hate to break character but it was comedian Jim Norton

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

dragon enthusiast posted:

i dont know poo poo about phyrexian script but I thought it went vertically.

It pretty much looks exactly like the script they used for the Elesh Norn judge promo. Japanese/Chinese iswritten vertically too but the card are horizontal for space consideration.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

You can Divest yourself or Haggle over it.

I definitely forgot that Divest exists, yeah that would be pretty gross.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

LifeLynx posted:

Edit: I guess I'm wrong? Might head into the bad subreddit to get some schadenfreude on them screaming about censorship if I get drunk and need a laugh later.

Bad plan because they're not funny just awful.

quote:

im tired of wotcs constant ruining of this game. proxies looking nicer and nicer imo

About dogs the recent push of dog as a creature type, a thread called "these dog cards that are getting spoiled are peak redditor... mega cringe imo"

I noticed the irony of these peak redditors saying peak redditor.

quote:

Housecats and DOMESTICATED Doggies would not exist in a world with magic, it would be all JACKED UP wolf breeds and ACTUAL predator cats, this safe space art and design crap is disgustingly patronistic of us all.

quote:

Imagine wanting to play "good bois" in your fantasy card game...

quote:

Literally STFU, cuckold

This is a link to Caustic Hound. Apparently going from 76 to 86 dogs in June alone including a legend and 2-drop lord doesn't count as a dog push.

There are posts like

quote:

Imagine wanting to play "good bois" in your fantasy card game...

Having gone through extremely serious magic and the jacetice league, I appreciate some whimsy.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
For anyone who still cares about Magic, today I looked over the stuff rotating out of Mono Green soon and stuff with which it can be replaced. I think Heroic Intervention catches a lot of crap, but it will be pretty good in the SB for that deck. The deck doesn’t have the best resilience from wrath effects, so that’ll be nice.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Having gone through extremely serious magic and the jacetice league, I appreciate some whimsy.

That's a good point, but I still think they should have serious dog people just like how they have serious cat people.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Bad plan because they're not funny just awful.

I like me some chud gamer tears as much as the next fake geek soyboy, but that sub is just disgusting. Literally zero value, even in schadenfreude.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

InterrupterJones posted:

For anyone who still cares about Magic, today I looked over the stuff rotating out of Mono Green soon and stuff with which it can be replaced. I think Heroic Intervention catches a lot of crap, but it will be pretty good in the SB for that deck. The deck doesn’t have the best resilience from wrath effects, so that’ll be nice.

losing Pelt Collector and Giant Growth is a huge deal, probably adds at least an entire turn to its average game length

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

wizzardstaff posted:

I like me some chud gamer tears as much as the next fake geek soyboy, but that sub is just disgusting. Literally zero value, even in schadenfreude.

Yeah, it's just sad. There's so much projecting in that sub it's gotta be a cinema.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Kurieg posted:

Being a TERF isn't a protected class and it isn't our responsibility to "rehabilitate" or "Educate" them. I assure you people have tried with her and there isn't some magic phrase you can say to make someone not be a bigot anymore.

Alright, had to read up on exactly what's going on (https://www.them.us/story/is-jk-rowling-transphobic)

Looks like the TERF handbook is the same as other fearmongering conspiracies (some minority group wants to prey on xx innocents, we need to persecute them to defend the innocents)

Given that most discriminatory policies come from a place of ignorance, isn't the correct strategy still to educate and build trust?

The alternative is 'cancel aggressively', but that's basically like proposing sanctions vs diplomacy.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

Tezzeract posted:

Given that most discriminatory policies come from a place of ignorance, isn't the correct strategy still to educate and build trust?

Don't think this tends to work

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Tommu posted:

Don't think this tends to work

That's because most discrimination comes from a place of malice that pretends to be ignorance when challenged.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

I mean if someone like JK Rowling can't educate themselves (or take up the many offers from trans advocates, activists, and organizers to educate her) than I'm not sure what else you can really do in that case.

As far as your average person yeah you can try and push back to some extent but it's really difficult. Timely article here:

https://jezebel.com/dear-gently caress-up-my-close-friend-is-being-radicalized-on-t-1844079236

When does M21 go up on Arena? My laptop died on me this week so it'll be a while before I can even log in but I do want to draft it a couple times while it's fresh.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Mat Cauthon posted:

I mean if someone like JK Rowling can't educate themselves (or take up the many offers from trans advocates, activists, and organizers to educate her) than I'm not sure what else you can really do in that case.

As far as your average person yeah you can try and push back to some extent but it's really difficult. Timely article here:

https://jezebel.com/dear-gently caress-up-my-close-friend-is-being-radicalized-on-t-1844079236

When does M21 go up on Arena? My laptop died on me this week so it'll be a while before I can even log in but I do want to draft it a couple times while it's fresh.

6-25-20 for arena, 7-3 for paper.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Brownhat posted:

That's because most discrimination comes from a place of malice that pretends to be ignorance when challenged.
Asking the discriminated class to put themselves out there to try and educate the people who are discriminating against them is not good.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

ok 90s james hetfield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

To add to my previous comment: the first game we played simple decks from a spellslinger set. But then we jumped into 2 different challenger decks (the latest red one, and the blue/green), where we still felt empty handed after the first few rounds. The following rounds kind of felt like a slog, where we hoped the single card we drew was something else than a land. And we both have a lot of card game experience, so it’s hard to believe we both played fundamentally wrong in a way that would otherwise result in a game where we continuously felt we had a lot of options on hand.