Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is the Bug Off this weekend? Isn't it supposed to be the third Saturday of June/July/Aug/Sept in the northern hemisphere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Poque posted:

Is the Bug Off this weekend? Isn't it supposed to be the third Saturday of June/July/Aug/Sept in the northern hemisphere?

June 27th.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Perfect! The fish tourney was fun but I like bug-hunting better, so it should be a good time.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I've seen posts on other players' noticeboards about the Bug-Off but there's been none added to the noticeboard in my village yet, is that normal?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Man, I really hope I can sell my turnips this week or daddy’s out a lotta juice.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Man, I really hope I can sell my turnips this week or daddy’s out a lotta juice.
Wish I could help you out but my price was like 65 when I checked a couple hours ago lmao :suicide:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in turnips here any more but I'm still buying and hoping to sell, although maybe I'm done now. My house is done, do I get anything for paying off the last loan? Because if not Nook can suck it and I might just not bother any more.

Anyway someone usually has a good price here but sometimes you have to ask, mine are 130ish so not even worth it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

I've seen posts on other players' noticeboards about the Bug-Off but there's been none added to the noticeboard in my village yet, is that normal?

It'll probably show up on your BB this weekend; I got it because last week I was time traveling to go to a friend's island multiple times to get Celeste DIYs and it showed up after I hit "saturday"

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

eating only apples posted:

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in turnips here any more but I'm still buying and hoping to sell, although maybe I'm done now. My house is done, do I get anything for paying off the last loan? Because if not Nook can suck it and I might just not bother any more.

Anyway someone usually has a good price here but sometimes you have to ask, mine are 130ish so not even worth it.

After you pay off the last loan nook will renovate your house exterior for free... Instead of charging 2000. sooo 1000 renovations and it'll pay for itself! :D

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Bonster posted:

Great offer, HaB!

Okay, so all the floor lights and some of the studio lights are up for cataloging. They're on the front porch of my house. There are freebies to the left of the airport. Feel free to shop if you want, anything's available.

I'll be AFK for the most part.

DODO Code: N2251

Dang, no yellow. But I got orange now so it wasn’t a total loss. Thanks! Tip left by your house.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

readingatwork posted:

Dang, no yellow. But I got orange now so it wasn’t a total loss. Thanks! Tip left by your house.

Great! Thanks.

geese
May 29, 2007

This goose is cooked.
Samui is (closed)

Art trade?
I have authentic academic (Vitruvian man), perfect (fruit) and twinkling (Starry Night), sinking (Ophelia) paintings for trade.
I'm looking for real amazing, graceful, detailed, and wild right half paintings. DM me if you're interested.

geese fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 19, 2020

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Does anyone remember if CJ and Flick take commissions during the Bug/Fish-Off events? I remember you could sell fish to CJ at least the last time there was an event.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Does anyone remember if CJ and Flick take commissions during the Bug/Fish-Off events? I remember you could sell fish to CJ at least the last time there was an event.

I don't think they do, because it's not a 'normal' visit from them.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I don't think they do, because it's not a 'normal' visit from them.

Dang. At least I can plan ahead to offload a bunch of bugs on Flick without them sitting in the inventory for too long.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I don't think they take commissions, but you can sell things to them.

KineticCapitalist
Jan 4, 2014

Doldrums. Doldrums. Eviler than the Devil. Boredom makes men to villains.

Day three of Kinetica's big beach giveaway is here! There is a bunch of free stuff on the beach to the left of the airport.

Nook's
wood-burning stove-2100
DJ's turntable (red)-9300
open-frame kitchen-140000
Turnips:114

Able's
Tango dress-2600

Saharah is here

I am also looking for black simple panel, black box corner sofa, and black box sofa. I will be AFK but if you could donate any of the above, you can drop it in front of my house. Thanks in advance.

Dodo code:closed

KineticCapitalist fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 19, 2020

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

TwoSheds posted:

Did anyone accidentally walk off with a Royal Crown and some other expensive things while they were over last night? Can't seem to find them in the pile.

Reminder, when stuff is left out for cataloging, it is meant to be touched, not taken.

Well, I did a quick inventory check. Seems like most of the expensive items were taken last night. I didn’t pick up on it right away because there are so many posters mixed in. Unfortunately that means the end of the cataloging parties, but I will happily provide expensive goods for touching on request.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

TwoSheds posted:

Well, I did a quick inventory check. Seems like most of the expensive items were taken last night. I didn’t pick up on it right away because there are so many posters mixed in. Unfortunately that means the end of the cataloging parties, but I will happily provide expensive goods for touching on request.

I really appreciated your parties and I'm pissed off that someone stole your poo poo.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

TwoSheds posted:

Aww it sucks that this happened. :( And that means since you posted the code in the other thread, it was a goon who took that stuff, too.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Chicken Doodle posted:

I really appreciated your parties and I'm pissed off that someone stole your poo poo.

Yeah, I’ll try to find other ways to do fun stuff. Maybe I’ll jump on the “carnival games” bandwagon, but after my project is complete, since it takes up 4 acres.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

TwoSheds posted:

This is why I've stopped leaving stuff out for cataloguing lately, because this exact thing has happened on my island the last 3 times I've left stuff out. Because I only put my Dodo code up on here and in the SA Animal Crossing Discord, I know that sadly it's been goons that have been taking things, mostly the Imperial items I've left out for people to touch.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Join the discord, there are usually good turnip prices there. Right now there's a listing up for 622 bells with nobody in queue.

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

This is why I've stopped leaving stuff out for cataloguing lately, because this exact thing has happened on my island the last 3 times I've left stuff out. Because I only put my Dodo code up on here and in the SA Animal Crossing Discord, I know that sadly it's been goons that have been taking things, mostly the Imperial items I've left out for people to touch.

Not if you're posting Dodo codes in this thread-- anyone can see it.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Time to set up a sting.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Yup, this thread is viewable by anyone, with or without an account. That's why a dodo code thread was set up for anyone who doesn't want to join the discord for whatever reason and doesn't want to risk any non goon visitors.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Genovera posted:

Not if you're posting Dodo codes in this thread-- anyone can see it.

I usually post with the link to the PGS thread rather than the full info though.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Hooray, Tucker got adopted! Goodbye, Tucker. I hope you have fun on Kowak Isle!
https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1273775451861741569
(Also I was still in his house during the visitor departing cutscene, and when I could move again, the house was just empty. Spooky.)

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Wait that's my birthday does that mean I don't get my birthday? :qq:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

TwoSheds posted:

Did anyone accidentally walk off with a Royal Crown and some other expensive things while they were over last night? Can't seem to find them in the pile.

Reminder, when stuff is left out for cataloging, it is meant to be touched, not taken.

I took all 8 colors of floor light to the intl’ dump and when I went back like 6 hours later there were only 2 left.

If you leave stuff out, Goons will steal it. Sad but true.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Squats posted:

(Also I was still in his house during the visitor departing cutscene, and when I could move again, the house was just empty. Spooky.)

I knew they moved out fast, I didn't know it was that fast :stare:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

TheBizzness posted:

I took all 8 colors of floor light to the intl’ dump and when I went back like 6 hours later there were only 2 left.

The Dump is a magical place and the Disneyland of the game, but gently caress me does some expensive stuff walk out of there in people's pockets. Last time I was there, someone had taken everything that was on the ground next to one of the bridges. Just picked it loving clean.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

I mentioned this somewhere waaaaay upthread, but I went for ages thinking it was a "leave something, take something" kind of setup, not even realizing you could catalog stuff by picking it up. I wouldn't be surprised if lots of folks do the same thing without any ill intent.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
the last 4 times gulliver came he gave me a stupid hat instead of furniture and it sucks!!!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Captain Hygiene posted:

I mentioned this somewhere waaaaay upthread, but I went for ages thinking it was a "leave something, take something" kind of setup, not even realizing you could catalog stuff by picking it up. I wouldn't be surprised if lots of folks do the same thing without any ill intent.

I did the first time, but then liquidypoo explained to me how it worked so I stuck to the 'pick it up, put it back' since then. The only time I do the 'take a penny, leave a penny' deal is with DIYs I find there.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Has anyone tried doing a game of D&D over Discord (or whatever program) while on a specially constructed island yet? The DM could even have a wand to transform into various NPCs while interacting with players. I'd totally watch a Youtube series of this. Also if anyone gets that idea from this post, send me royalties.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

I did the first time, but then liquidypoo explained to me how it worked so I stuck to the 'pick it up, put it back' since then. The only time I do the 'take a penny, leave a penny' deal is with DIYs I find there.

I guess nobody saw me enough to yell at me. I mean I stopped as soon as I found out, but I think it's a pretty understandable mistake to make, the way the game mechanics aren't always explained outright.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Argue posted:

Has anyone tried doing a game of D&D over Discord (or whatever program) while on a specially constructed island yet? The DM could even have a wand to transform into various NPCs while interacting with players. I'd totally watch a Youtube series of this. Also if anyone gets that idea from this post, send me royalties.

It's not DnD, but there's a Youtube Channel that's doing entertainment interviews in Animal Crossing. It's actually pretty good, and he's had a lot of big name celebrities in there. Also, I know one of my gaming channels has started doing their news roundup episodes in Animal Crossing instead of their studio too. Obviously, it's not ideal but AC is surprisingly effective at being a digital studio.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

Well, it’s only fake money.

Anyway, I’m opening back up again! All items have been removed from the pile except posters, but there’s plenty of DIYs, including some gold ones a friend donated.

I’m requesting two volunteers for watering my black and blue roses. Just follow the wooden fencing until you get to the watering cans. Help yourself to one of the two presents just past the blues if you do decide to water.

Dodo code will be up in a moment in the PGS thread.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

TwoSheds posted:

I am fully willing to admit that I am a huge dumbass who didn’t understand the difference between cataloging and freebies until now. I sent you a pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

I am fully willing to admit that I am a huge dumbass who didn’t understand the difference between cataloging and freebies until now. I sent you a pm.

Got it, no problem at all. I will repopulate the touching pile effective tomorrow!