Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Did the FaceApp thing and, uh...

Can't escape the 5 head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

B33rChiller posted:

Hey tough-cute goons, here's some idle thoughts I've been having on my back patio while my little girl naps.
I'm the last person anyone would hear complaining about hairstylists still being closed. I've always been about low effort and minimal cost hair. For many years I just buzzed my head with clippers. Since I last splurged on a haircut, somewhere around 6 or 7 years ago, I've just washed it, towelled off, and wrapped it in a bun (once it was long enough).
Turns out, even really straight hair will turn itself in to dreadlocks if you don't bother brushing or combing.

Please forgive my facial expression, the sun is bright and hot.
I figure these messed up clumps are going to be a pain once it gets hot out, and I'm not super jazzed that my hair is getting shorter. Fixing these to look ok would mean waaay too much effort. I can now say I've had waist length hair, and dreadlocks. Maybe time to try bearded baldy?

Vvvv moratorium on evictions during the pandemic. And besides, I like those birdies.
I'm reminded of the King from the Walking Dead (not a zombie)

Inzombiac posted:

Can't escape the 5 head

The first 2 years of my selfies are all 5 heads, it's the reason to get a stick-- it's from how close camera is if it's in your hand. Alternatively, set phone down and use a timer or something

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The birds like your music :kimchi:

Also I do too, but they are much more picky than I so they're the bigger compliment.

Thanks, birds!!

Inzombiac posted:

Can't escape the 5 head

I think "fiveheads" look regal

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Scathach posted:

I think my veil looks better on the dog. We're basically having a quick ceremony and a party and feeding all the family that is apparently showing up because it's the first wedding in 23 years and in the auntie's words, "We all need this." Well poo poo. I'm about to be super broke for buying 12-foot subs and cheap beer. Totally not panicking.

Late reply, but congratulations!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Liquid Communism posted:

Late reply, but congratulations!

Is there any way we Goons could come together and fund Scathatch's expensive "Large Sandwich and Cheap Beer" reception? I don't think anyone should start their marriage out broke. I'm not good at this type of thing though.

Scathatch, maybe you could set up and link some sort of fund for your reception and whatnot so interested Goons could provide their well-wishes?

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

I don't take a lot of selfies, so I was focusing on the framing and forgot to smile. Looks like someone killed a puppy in front of me.

<tries to approximate humanity> Eh....better?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Section 9 posted:

I don't take a lot of selfies, so I was focusing on the framing and forgot to smile. Looks like someone killed a puppy in front of me.

<tries to approximate humanity> Eh....better?

You look great ever since you got off the cheeseburgers

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Sid Vicious posted:

He who lives in a pizza house shouldn't chuck burger stones!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Lunch break! Confirmed 2 sea turtle nests today, and got a pic of a 23-day old american oystercatcher chick 🥰

I think the parent was teaching the young one the finer points on loafing about on the beach :)

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Sid Vicious posted:

Moderately shady.

Still got nothing on my mom:
“Oh, you’ve not tried that whitening toothpaste I gave you?”

And, admittedly both creative and current, in relation to having to wear a mask in public transport:
“It must be great to have such a big nose; it creates a little tent, making it easier to breathe.”

Also, section 9, you’re looking mighty fine. And I hope you’re feeling as fine-looking as you do

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Icon Of Sin posted:

Lunch break! Confirmed 2 sea turtle nests today, and got a pic of a 23-day old american oystercatcher chick 🥰

I think the parent was teaching the young one the finer points on loafing about on the beach :)

I’ve not been really keeping on with this thread; what is your job?
A uniform and some form of wildlife presevation - are you my some general tulpa?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Such Fun posted:

I’ve not been really keeping on with this thread; what is your job?
A uniform and some form of wildlife presevation - are you my some general tulpa?

I work for the National Park Service, as a biological science tech. I keep an eye on our bird and sea turtle friends that lay their nests on this little island :)

I was a divemaster before that, in NC and CA (Catalina Islands specifically), and an aquarium volunteer in NC as well...so I’ve got a very functional understanding of marine biology, at least as much as someone who did a pre-med degree can :v:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Icon Of Sin posted:

I work for the National Park Service, as a biological science tech. I keep an eye on our bird and sea turtle friends that lay their nests on this little island :)

I was a divemaster before that, in NC and CA (Catalina Islands specifically), and an aquarium volunteer in NC as well...so I’ve got a very functional understanding of marine biology, at least as much as someone who did a pre-med degree can :v:

Sounds heavenly
And it sounds like you know it: joy :love:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Good days are great, but bad days...oh man. And then there’s this one, always looking over your shoulder:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
No recent photos here but good looking turtle goon.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Scathach posted:

Also I have some good news from this hell timeline:

Oh poo poo, I didn't say anything. This is great news!

Elviscat posted:

Is there any way we Goons could come together and fund Scathatch's expensive "Large Sandwich and Cheap Beer" reception? I don't think anyone should start their marriage out broke. I'm not good at this type of thing though.

Scathatch, maybe you could set up and link some sort of fund for your reception and whatnot so interested Goons could provide their well-wishes?

Good idea, I'm in. Put me down for a couple sammiches and a couple cases of brews.

Spinz posted:

I'm reminded of the King from the Walking Dead (not a zombie)

I'll be honest. I don't know if that's good or not? I'm largely ignorant of the Walking Dead beyond the first issue. I skipped the show, and only just started the book.

Moo the cow posted:

Running a no2 trimmer across the entirety of your head would make you look about 10 years younger.

You would have to evict any birds currently living in your hair though.
This has me curious. How old do I look? (Don't worry about offending me. I clearly give very few shits about the state of my appearance)

How old do I look now?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

B33rChiller posted:

Good idea, I'm in. Put me down for a couple sammiches and a couple cases of brews.

Me too! We take care of our own in this thread! I have no idea how to make it happen either.

Congrats you two! I'm so excited about your future life together :)

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Thank you guys! Holy crap y'all have me tearing up. I don't even know what to say but man, goons are just cool people.

I guess I could do a GoFundMe but it asks for a goal amount and I'm not really comfortable with that. Could just put a small amount and do whatever? I don't know. But I appreciate the gently caress out of you guys.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 02:50 on Jun 19, 2020

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Gone

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 17:41 on Jun 5, 2022

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Scathach posted:

Thank you guys! Holy crap y'all have me tearing up. I don't even know what to say but man, goons are just cool people.

I guess I could do a GoFundMe but it asks for a goal amount and I'm not really comfortable with that. Could just put a small amount and do whatever? I don't know. But I appreciate the gently caress out of you guys.

Sure just set it at like $20 or something and if we break that amount, great!

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

COOL CORN posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSC9cgvtkRs

:peanut:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I really like filters now :3

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Take a picture with a freckle filter, now my skin is breaking out like crazy :tinfoil:

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Feelin' like a shapeshifter today. I'm non-binary and generally swing transmasc, and was feeling pretty lovely about my body today so decided to try to take a cute selfie in girl mode. I think I succeed?

Normal daytime me

girlmode?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Scathach posted:

COOL CORN posted:

Yeah, just do this, if the amount given exceeds the amount asked for/the amount needed for subs and beer, just apply it to your Honeymoon or something.

WA's got a lot of sweet resorts that are open right now, in low risk counties, that are going for mad cheap is all I'm sayin', and it's got some of the most amazing scenery in the US.

Selfie tax:
"Hello, what are you eating? Is it good? Can I have a sniff? Etc"

E:2 gratuitous Taylor Swift picture

E:1

Aceofblue posted:

Feelin' like a shapeshifter today. I'm non-binary and generally swing transmasc, and was feeling pretty lovely about my body today so decided to try to take a cute selfie in girl mode. I think I succeed?

Normal daytime me

girlmode?

No matter the mode you look wonderful!

Elviscat has a new favorite as of 07:41 on Jun 19, 2020

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

B33rChiller posted:

This has me curious. How old do I look? (Don't worry about offending me. I clearly give very few shits about the state of my appearance)

How old do I look now?

I dunno: 40-45?

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Scathach posted:

Hair is getting long.

Also I have some good news from this hell timeline:

I think my veil looks better on the dog. We're basically having a quick ceremony and a party and feeding all the family that is apparently showing up because it's the first wedding in 23 years and in the auntie's words, "We all need this." Well poo poo. I'm about to be super broke for buying 12-foot subs and cheap beer. Totally not panicking.

Very exciting!! What date are you thinking? We’re doing 10.2.21 💕
I got my wedding dress recently. I wasn’t even trying to look so far in advance, I just wanted to try on different styles to see what I liked/looked good on me and just happened to find *~*the one*~* in the process. I was going to post a pic but didn’t want to impose on your excitement.
Yay weddings!!

CeramicPig has a new favorite as of 08:51 on Jun 19, 2020

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Aceofblue posted:

Normal daytime me

girlmode?

Science mode/Luau mode. Love the print and you look happy in both.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

CeramicPig posted:

Very exciting!! What date are you thinking? We’re doing 10.2.21 💕
I got my wedding dress recently. I wasn’t even trying to look so far in advance, I just wanted to try on different styles to see what I liked/looked good on me and just happened to find *~*the one*~* in the process. I was going to post a pic but didn’t want to impose on your excitement.
Yay weddings!!

Please post a pic, I'd love to see! And congrats!

We chose end of summer a long time ago, kept putting it off and whatnot because the world situation kept getting worse. Put it off for life stuff for the past couple years before this. I finally said gently caress it, quarantine will be over so get some witnesses and we'll do it in the grass July 25th. Looks like it got bigger faster than we thought.

Alright, I made a GoFundMe it should be https://www.gofundme.com/HamiltonWedding

Scathach has a new favorite as of 12:27 on Jun 19, 2020

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Scathach posted:

We chose end of summer a long time ago, kept putting it off and whatnot because the world situation kept getting worse. Put it off for life stuff for the past couple years before this. I finally said gently caress it, quarantine will be over so get some witnesses and we'll do it in the grass July 25th. Looks like it got bigger faster than we thought.

Alright, I made a GoFundMe it should be https://www.gofundme.com/HamiltonWedding

Hell yeah, I'll pitch 50 at that.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I chipped in some and those funds are specifically earmarked for HAVING A GOOD TIME or MAKING THINGS EASIER SOMEHOW. I hope you have a great day! :)

I love you and I love all you guys, you deserve happiness! oxo

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Pitched a few bucks towards the wedding.

Gotta have a few good things come out of this year.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I had a dream one time where i met scathach and they were really nice so I contributed yr appearance fee to the festivities. Goon luck and Goodspeed to you both

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I pitched in some, hope you have a great day.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Scathach posted:

Hell yeah.

Threw in for this. :)

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Goons can be so great :)

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Congrats Scathachaf! Wish you all the best

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Lol $850

GOOOONNSSSSSS!!! :bahgawd:

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

I’ve always enjoyed the stories of syringe mohawk skull-person tremendously. Scathach, you’re such a Mensch!
I’ve chipped in too, and I hope you’ll have an amazing day ❤️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Such Fun posted:

I’ve always enjoyed the stories of syringe mohawk skull-person tremendously. Scathach, you’re such a Mensch!
I’ve chipped in too, and I hope you’ll have an amazing day ❤️

Using your username as your donation name is just perfect!