Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I'm not normally that concerned with optics, and I'm fine with episodes that are basically just shitposting about succ libs, but this book is a trap, and falling for it that easily is kind of silly. Jen Pan's actual review of the book is a much better approach: https://newrepublic.com/article/156032/diversity-training-isnt-enough-pamela-newkirk-robin-diangelo-books-reviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Gripweed posted:

No I think you're the only poster who was going to use that phrase in this thread

makes sense. i have been known to say negative things about myself in the mirror occasionally

NOTE: This Something Awful forums user (previously known as "The Blackest Goon") is a Person of Color who chose the current iteration of his username ironically after years of having his remaining brain cells all but fried after monitoring the rise of online reactionary ideologies for a decade.

if this sounds like a flimsy excuse, you are wrong

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Race Realists posted:

Me: i dunno guys i think its kinda scary two prominent activists were found murdered the exact same day in the exact same area, i think that would be cause for alar--

thread: take your lovely idpol posting elsewhere

Yes please do actually take your lovely idpol posting elsewhere, because this is a podcast thread, and you seem to breeze through and dump the last thing you read. The twitter links are better than the weird mra poo poo, I'll grant you that

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

Yes please do actually take your lovely idpol posting elsewhere, because this is a podcast thread, and you seem to breeze through and dump the last thing you read. The twitter links are better than the weird mra poo poo, I'll grant you that

wait when did i post this? the closest thing i can think of is maybe the sady doyle and gwen synder ones a few pages back? i honestly cannot recall

NOTE: This Something Awful forums user (previously known as "The Blackest Goon") is a Person of Color who chose the current iteration of his username ironically after years of having his remaining brain cells all but fried after monitoring the rise of online reactionary ideologies for a decade.

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 18, 2020

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not looking through 14 pages of posts to pull examples but remember when you went on a tear posting garbage like this

Race Realists posted:

Upon further inspection on this site, I was wrong... About EVERYTHING with this guy.. I am a loving moron... I know you guys already know this but I'm saying it anyway. The guy is deeply knowledgeable about Dating & Relationships admittedly from a mostly CisHet perspective (if I could compare him to someone it would Dr.NerdLove).

.... He's just extremely.. abrasive in his style of writing. Take for instance this article

https://farfrombasyc.com/2019/12/are-men-scared-of-pussy.html

look at the title. "Are Today’s Men Scared of Pussy Part II: Rise of The Simp". Now, your first instinct (if youre an internet brain-poisoned weirdo like i am) is to immediately assume its some RooshV Return of Kings poo poo. But when you actually read article

Yeah... I was wrong. I apologize for alot of the dumbass posts ive made in this thread (this is not a joke). I strongly recommend reading that site if you can stomach his style of writing

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
not every dissenting opinion is concern trolling or bad faith argumentum, guys

EDIT:

Crane Fist posted:

I'm not looking through 14 pages of posts to pull examples but remember when you went on a tear posting garbage like this

1. that was months ago, nor is it even mra stuff. I make the effort of getting that through in the post you linked.

2. after the "idpol poo poo" I've stopped

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 18, 2020

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goons are unable to handle even the slightest dissenting opinion, it's why they restort to personal attacks and shouting down immediately.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

bad posting godzilla vs mothra

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fame Douglas posted:

Goons are unable to handle even the slightest dissenting opinion, it's why they restort to personal attacks and shouting down immediately.

Are you responding to anything specific or do you just like saying that

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Crane Fist posted:

Are you responding to anything specific or do you just like saying that

It was in response to the incident.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

T-man posted:

bad posting godzilla vs mothra

Lmao

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm gonna google Chapo Trap House fanart and post what i find in the hopes that one of them will inspire a different topic of conversation

https://twitter.com/yourmomoclock/status/1182485712249249794?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I'm gonna google Chapo Trap House fanart and post what i find in the hopes that one of them will inspire a different topic of conversation

https://twitter.com/yourmomoclock/status/1182485712249249794?s=20

these are all great! you should unironically post more! :)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This is extremely good by the way

https://twitter.com/joshuarolson/status/1271456555230097408

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

FlamingLiberal posted:

I wish I knew what executive thought ‘you know what, I think everyone needs to hear Meghan McCain’s entitled lovely opinions every day on topics she has no understanding of’

What happened with the bet between Virgil and Matt? I thought Matt had to watch The View and report or tweet or something?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

crepeface posted:

What happened with the bet between Virgil and Matt? I thought Matt had to watch The View and report or tweet or something?

one imagines that covid, bernie disaster and/or the virgil disappearance made it sort of a moot point

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That was like, last year? Matt did do it to some extent at least, he was watching and tweeting about The View for like two weeks or whatever, it just didn't turn into like a whole episode.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Yeah Matt watched the view for a month and discussed it during an episode. Don't remember which one it was though.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

also i think he only watched the first 30 minutes of it each time

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

i dunno it's pretty much just a normal musical

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i dunno it's pretty much just a normal musical

I hear it gets weird in the third act

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
well that's disappointing, I hope someone asks him about it in the vlog chat

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Great ep tonight, between "uncleplay" and the SoA stuff and the prison SWAT fiasco it's all classic fodder for the dry boys

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Great ep tonight, between "uncleplay" and the SoA stuff and the prison SWAT fiasco it's all classic fodder for the dry boys

I'll have to check it out thanks

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Yay, the gangs back together!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

It's loving me up how well that works

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Delta-Wye posted:

Lmao holy poo poo

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Fame Douglas posted:

It was in response to the incident.

holy poo poo "the incident"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Delta-Wye posted:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Virgil Texas: better than a cop

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Y'ALL READY FOR THIS?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

littleorv posted:

It's loving me up how well that works
It's uncanny

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

jesus christ

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

snoremac posted:

Y'ALL READY FOR THIS?

loving got me so good

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

You can't have a podcast where everyone is Virgil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

mother of God!