Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I think they've explained that they control the aurabot with a touchscreen/trackpad on a laptop to give imprecise and occasional inputs and control their main as usual. Makes sense for simul or blighted maps, sounds like rear end anywhere else.

To address the actual questions, though, gently caress if I know. Plenty of characters are super strong with an aurabot but none I can recommend are anywhere near as tanky as you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

quote:

Upgrade a Magic item to a Rare item, adding two random modifiers
Upgrade a Magic item to a Rare item, adding three random modifiers
Upgrade a Magic item to a Rare item, adding two random high-tier modifiers
Upgrade a Magic item to a Rare item, adding three random high-tier modifiers
Good for crafting jewels and jewelry.

quote:

Sacrifice up to half a stack of Divination Cards to receive between 0 and twice that amount of the same Card
Let those doctors ride.

quote:

Synthesise an item, giving random Synthesised implicits. Cannot be used on Unique, Influenced, Synthesised or Fractured items
No, please let that league be forgotten.

quote:

Change an Offering to the Goddess into a Tribute to the Goddess
Change an Offering to the Goddess into a Gift to the Goddess
Change an Offering to the Goddess into a Dedication to the Goddess
Interesting.

quote:

Upgrade the tier of an Essence
Handy if you got some 2nd to top tier essences on hand.

quote:

Exchange 10 Chaos Orbs for an Exalted Orb
Excuse me?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
T3 herb and it has so many other things on it. Prob gonna be rare.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
I'm kinda leaning towards Scourge Arrow Pathfinder as a starter from some of the vids posted, plus I haven't played a bow dude in forever. I don't see much talk of that build here - am I missing something that would make it a bad starter or a pain in the rear end to play?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

10 chaos for one exalt recipie will ruin trading :( Now what will I trade to get a big stack of chaos

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Please update the thread title. Maybe something like "Path of Exile Natural Harvest: Crafting with semen"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh man, a literal double or nothing recipe for div cards :allears:

Salt Fish posted:

Please update the thread title. Maybe something like "Path of Exile Natural Harvest: Crafting with semen"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

heisenberg posted:

I'm kinda leaning towards Scourge Arrow Pathfinder as a starter from some of the vids posted, plus I haven't played a bow dude in forever. I don't see much talk of that build here - am I missing something that would make it a bad starter or a pain in the rear end to play?

Nope it should be fine. Hell the cluster jewels I used weren't touched at all.

Good clear and with 90% chaos res and damage mitigated to chaos and divine flesh makes you pretty drat tanky as well. Had tons of fun with it in delirium

need a pob link to my build? It's pretty unrefined in some areas but it worked at killing all the bosses

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 19, 2020

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

quote:

Sacrifice a stack of Divination Cards for that many different Divination Cards
Finally, Rebirth is useful.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008

boredsatellite posted:

need a pob link to my build? It's pretty unrefined in some areas but it worked at killing all the bosses

Wouldn't mind it, especially to compare / contrast with other builds I've seen.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Cinara posted:

Look just based on the wording on your posts it sounds like you're trying to control both characters with the same inputs. Don't do that.

Nah I have a desktop and a touchscreen laptop. What made it easy is both characters had Stampede boots with Cyclone, so they were both always 150% movement speed, no chill, no stun, phase through enemies. I just pay attention to the main screen and fat finger the tablet to make the Aurabot follow. If both characters are getting stunned separately I have to pay way more attention.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

So, the patch notes now say this.

notes posted:

UPDATED: War Bringer has been redesigned. It now causes Warcries to grant 10 Rage per 5 Power if you have less than 25 Rage, and causes them to sacrifice 10 Rage if you have at least 25 Rage. It also causes Exerted Attacks to deal 50% more Damage if a Warcry sacrificed Rage recently.
I am 100% using war bringer with a screamy slammy berserker now. 10 rage per 5 power? poo poo. A unique enemy is 20 power. That means a scream from 0 instantly gives you 40 rage. If you have deep breaths, it is 48 rage. Sacrificing yourself down to 30/38 for a second warcry seems totally managable.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 19, 2020

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Should be caught up on all invites. I'm stuck at work for the next 8 hours or so, so I can't do any more invites until then.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

heisenberg posted:

Wouldn't mind it, especially to compare / contrast with other builds I've seen.

https://pastebin.com/5kyhK8Lg

Here you go

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Found a really helpful infographic so everyone can understand the harvest mechanic,

Also their contest explains how to summon the boss of harvest,

quote:

Defeating a monster from a Tier 4 Seed in your garden will allow you to grow the final boss. This final boss doesn't require irrigation, but does require a high number of growth cycles in red maps. (If you fail to defeat it, then it'll occur again after you have harvested enough monsters from red maps. This is a cumulative value, not RNG-driven.)

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 19, 2020

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

That is really helpful, also I am concerned this league will die early because of how complicated this seems. Don't the complicated crafting leagues tend to drop off quicker? (Open to correction if my impression here is wrong, y'all, I'm just a little worried that this being way harder to think about than "go through that, kill everything" may be a downside)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
From what I can guess is you can plant t1 seeds by any amount, but higher tier seeds will require to be planted by a number of t1 seeds. You will then either get higher seeds dropped in maps or you can level up seeds by putting lifeforce into seeds. You do this until you do t4 seeds. From the note on their contest page it sounds like boss seeds can drop from t4 seeds and just take alot of red maps to finish growing. And then it even sounds weird like you can fail killing the boss and just have to rerun the red maps and not have to get those seeds again but thats just a guess from how they wrote it.

I can only assume you can just lvl up seeds randomly and be fine.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jun 19, 2020

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

pork never goes bad posted:

To address the actual questions, though, gently caress if I know. Plenty of characters are super strong with an aurabot but none I can recommend are anywhere near as tanky as you want.

I just had an idea. What about instead of doing a Guardian Aurabot and a Golemancer, I instead just did two of the Herald guardians together? I didn't do them this league and I assume they nerfed them quite a lot for 3.11, but two of them working together and both getting boosts from each other's auras might still scale to insane levels? Or are those jewels going to be impossible to afford this time around?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Filthy Monkey posted:

I am 100% using war bringer with a screamy slammy berserker now. 10 rage per 5 power? poo poo. A unique enemy is 20 power. That means a scream from 0 instantly gives you 40 rage. If you have deep breaths, it is 48 rage. Sacrificing yourself down to 30/38 for a second warcry seems totally managable.

Yeah that change 100% convinced me to go zerker.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Voices will require your first born because it is basically good for every build. Also hearld gems cap out at 40%? or something reachable with a few gems, basically its not unlimited anymore.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

That's crazy. I guess I'm starting with mega-exerted bladestorms.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Tenzarin posted:

Voices will require your first born because it is basically good for every build. Also hearld gems cap out at 40%? or something reachable with a few gems, basically its not unlimited anymore.

There's guides that say that capped at 40% aura effect it's still really good, dunno if I trust that: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2809562

But.. bear with me for a second here... maybe twin autobombers?

I don't think I've ever seen this answered definitively by the way: do Guardian's ascendencies like Radiant Faith stack with one another when there's multiple Guardians in a party? Like if you have 6 Guardians do you all have a stupid amount of ES? I know because of that Herald jewel they changed it to not count as an aura so I'm not sure if that affected it? What about all the other stuff like "Nearby Allies deal 30% increased damage"?

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jun 19, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

What are the pros and cons between burning arrow trickster and burning arrow chieftain?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I looked into burning arrow chieftain for delirium but could never make it work in pob or understand how it was working or even get somewhat impressive pob dps.

Cheiftain gets bunch of fire stuff, including ignite damage bonuses, heals from doing fire dmg(this would only be from the base dmg), turn 10% of phys dmg into fire damage hitting them, bad access to dex(this was one of the reasons I didn't want to do a dex starved chieftain again), has access to have real beefy hp.

Tricksters gets ghost shrouds, access to easy dex, can get easy strength/fire resist/fire dmg from fire guilt rings which also boost fire dmg, does have some damage over time ascension nodes.

The trickster stuff is just me guessing never looked into a trickster burning arrow build. The videos I watched for burning arrow also didn't seem like it has alot of aoe.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jun 19, 2020

Osci
Oct 11, 2016

quote:

Reforge the colour of a non-blue socket on an item, turning it Blue

This is one craft I'm low key hyped for. It's tier 1 and makes things like 5-6 off color chests much easier to get(thinking Death's oath or caster QotF/Hyrri's Ire

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Skipped last league, looking to league start strong tomorrow, what's hot and not too pricey

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Spellslinger VD seems to be extremely popular league start idea for most people right now, others like ball lightning mines if they don't hate the mine playstyle.

There is always the melee rework skills to try out but that requires testing uncharted waters and needing to use a weapon better then a driftwood wand while playing soooo.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Tenzarin posted:

Found a really helpful infographic so everyone can understand the harvest mechanic,

Also their contest explains how to summon the boss of harvest,

:stare:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It's a joke diagram

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
This time im gonna do it, ill actually play a league starter thats easy to gear and level, like a VD necro, and only THEN switch to what im actually want to play, which is a bleedquakezerker.

Ah who am i kidding.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Papercut posted:

Yeah that change 100% convinced me to go zerker.

Yeah I managed to make an insanely fun Glacial Hammer Berserker last league, on HC no less. With this change, I can see myself play it again with a different skill. Not as a starter, because I need smarter people to figure out how it all works so I can try (and fail) to make it more HC viable. Very interesting change!
I'm moderately hyped for a lot of the, somewhat niche, changes? I really think there will be a lot of fun interactions and interesting ideas popping out this league.
I will try and pace myself more this time around; I really need a relaxed league, so I won't be pushing maps by saturday or anything like that (I'm Dutch, so the league drops at 22:00 in the evening today). Just a relaxed, slow levelling experience through the story on HC with some mild farming, while chatting to my buddy on discord. Ahhhhh, the farmer's life.

Baeclast was pretty fun yesterday, btw. I could even appreciate Nugi.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just think... in less than twelve hours, we’ll be in a queue...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Xeras posted:

Not like you are going to have these crafts on day 2 or 3 of hitting maps. I just don't know when I hit maps do I just grab some imperial legacy cards and fossil slam (assuming I can afford this) or is there some early go to bleed bow stopgap?

The physical affix slam is tier one

You could have it by level 8

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

I just had an idea. What about instead of doing a Guardian Aurabot and a Golemancer, I instead just did two of the Herald guardians together? I didn't do them this league and I assume they nerfed them quite a lot for 3.11, but two of them working together and both getting boosts from each other's auras might still scale to insane levels? Or are those jewels going to be impossible to afford this time around?

The SO and I did exactly this in 3.10. 2x herald stackers, one Guardian, one Ascendant Guardian/Necro. It... didn't work as well as it sounds on paper.

I don't know if you're expecting the same auras to stack, because they don't (if both are running Haste, then the player with the higher aura effect % overrides the other person, even if he's running a level 1 Haste and the other guy is running a level 20). So we decided to split up the aura suite between the two of us, to try to get herald stacking up on a budget.

That ended up being terrible, because our defensive auras were split. It's very easy to accidentally run out of range of each other -- and you tend to run around more when things are getting dicey and dangerous, when you needed it most. We ended up splatting instantly when we were out of range.

Then our next iteration was that each person runs their own defensive suite (Discipline - Grace - 3x Purities), but we split up the offensive suite. That worked a lot better, though our DPS was pretty terrible when we were split. It did mean that we were overlapping by 5 auras, though.

The other issue is that... you don't really scale to insane levels. You get diminishing returns with every aura you add to the pile (because you tend to prioritize running the 'best' auras first). You actually just flat-out run out of useful auras to run; there aren't as many different auras as you'd think. I mean, is Pride really gonna help your fully ele-converted spells setup? Although as a small bonus, you can get both banners by splitting up the two -- you don't get much from banners, but at least you get the flat phys reduction for a very cheap reserve cost.

The other interesting thing is, as we geared up more, each person was able to run more auras and became increasingly more self-sufficient. This also meant a bigger overlap in our aura setups. Interestingly, since one of us went Ascendant (and the ascendant had higher aura %), it meant both players got less regen from Unwavering Crusade, because fewer of the Guardian's auras were taking effect. (We both got higher attack/cast speed from Ascendant-Necro, but still, for the much higher cost of fitting in more auras, it was more of a defensive sidegrade than strict upgrade.)

Zero VGS posted:

There's guides that say that capped at 40% aura effect it's still really good, dunno if I trust that: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2809562

But.. bear with me for a second here... maybe twin autobombers?

I don't think I've ever seen this answered definitively by the way: do Guardian's ascendencies like Radiant Faith stack with one another when there's multiple Guardians in a party? Like if you have 6 Guardians do you all have a stupid amount of ES? I know because of that Herald jewel they changed it to not count as an aura so I'm not sure if that affected it? What about all the other stuff like "Nearby Allies deal 30% increased damage"?

Wellllll, considering that the standard herald stacking build had 450% increased effect of auras on you, I'd say capping at 40% is a pretty sizable nerf.

I mean, 40% is respectable for an aurabot, but you'd probably have to go harder in actual aurabotting (e.g. Victario's Influence and Generosity setups and such) rather than just running auras selfishly.

Radiant Faith: I remembering having the same question, and I'm about 95% certain it does not stack. It just chooses the largest effect of your entire group.
The 'Radiant Faith is no longer an aura' is more that PH + aura effect on tree is no longer multiplying it by 6x (as it was multiplying other auras). It has nothing to do with whether multiple Guardians standing next to each other would stack or not.

Unwavering Crusade: Well this one says 'Nearby Allies', and not 'You and nearby Allies'. So with 2, each of you would get the effect from the other Guardian, I'd assume.

Unwavering Faith: If you read the wording of the passive node carefully, what it's doing is that it staples an additional effect -- % phys reduction and % life regen -- to each of your individual auras. Since it's those auras applying the effects, they do get affected by increased aura effect/effect of auras on you. However, as I mentioned with our experience before, this effect only applies if your aura is the one taking effect (and not being overridden by someone else's auras).

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Think I'm starting CI Occultist...now I have to decide if I'm going cold dot or ed/cont. Might try out the chaos slinger some racers have messed with for leveling and early maps since the clear should be great then transition to cold when the damage starts dropping off. Even my pretty nicely geared ed/cont occultist in legion was lacking single target in high reds. Trees are close enough it should be an easy/cheap respec.

Need to figure out a goal for this league, maybe uber elder or a8 sirus. I never even got a sirus spawn this league, maybe I'll try to do that this morning before servers go down.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I think I'm last-minute shelving my Wintertide Brand starter. I want to league start as Witch and there's simply no reason to go Occultist over Trickster, since WTB scales with Cast Speed.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Profane bloom is a pretty nice thing to have for a skill with otherwise dubious aoe/clear mechanics, but otherwise yeah it's not easy to make the case for occultist over trickster for most builds. I really like the cold snap/vortex occultist but it starts to feel pretty fragile in a way that tricksters don't, especially against bosses.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Friendly reminder to get your item filters updated before launch. Neversink is in the process of updating his now.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Looking at poedb it looks like the Harbinger uniques are all going to get upgraded versions...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Agreed posted:

That is really helpful, also I am concerned this league will die early because of how complicated this seems. Don't the complicated crafting leagues tend to drop off quicker? (Open to correction if my impression here is wrong, y'all, I'm just a little worried that this being way harder to think about than "go through that, kill everything" may be a downside)

I can't remember what the retention rate was like for synthesis, but harvest is like 1/10th as complicated as synthesis was. Tier1 seeds have some great "meat and potatoes" type crafts that look like they should allow anyone to make some pretty decent items without knowing any fancy crafting tricks. Meanwhile in synthesis if you didn't go out and look up the datamine and the associated explanation of how it all worked you honest to goodness would have never ever gotten one good outcome from the synthesizer. Then it had that drat boardgame system as the other feature of the league which was a shitshow in itself.