Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ghost Leviathan posted:

One guy commits suicide by driving a Segway off a cliff

If you get on a Segway, you're already dead on some level anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
a Raid 2 style chase scene but on segways and instead of guns everyone is pelting each other with

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
It takes them an hour and a half of cyber and action scenes to steal 500 bitcoins. They're all sitting back at their swanky hotel suites congratulating themselves until they realise they now have 500 bitcoin and no way to cash out.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
someone rolls up a $100 of dirty fiat to light their cigar but it's what the other guy wrote the private key on

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

There Bias Two posted:

If you get on a Segway, you're already dead on some level anyway.

The joke was more that I'm pretty sure the founder of Segway did exactly that

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It wasn't the founder of segway, it was the hesco barrier guy, IIRC, and that's an actually useful product, he bought up the company for some reason and died to it.

It also reminds me of the bitcoin dude that took a segway tour in some city with another bitcoiner in it and ran off at one point, as it turns out it's practically impossible to handle two segways at once, even walking and pulling them so that was an annoyance, also the other bitcoiner wrote a funny thing about it.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

SIGSEGV posted:

It wasn't the founder of segway, it was the hesco barrier guy, IIRC, and that's an actually useful product, he bought up the company for some reason and died to it.

It also reminds me of the bitcoin dude that took a segway tour in some city with another bitcoiner in it and ran off at one point, as it turns out it's practically impossible to handle two segways at once, even walking and pulling them so that was an annoyance, also the other bitcoiner wrote a funny thing about it.

That guy caught a SIGSEGW

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SIGSEGV posted:

The owner of Segway died riding a segway over a cliff.

And the Segway Bitcoin tour incident was in Vienna.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

xtal posted:

That guy caught a SIGSEGW

Yeah, RIP.

Fame Douglas posted:

The owner of Segway died riding a segway over a cliff.

And the Segway Bitcoin tour incident was in Vienna.

Yes, he was the owner, but not the founder or inventor, and he had invented at least one useful thing. (The Mega Large Sandbag.)

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Yeah, thanks for your tax evasion and pointlessly contributing to global warming, dickhead dads.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

So, Bitcoiner is an identity which can be passed on to the next generation? Like a coherent ideology of some sort? Or a cult?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bitcoiners are mutants

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

It's a joke about absent fathers I think

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Goodpancakes posted:

It's a joke about abusive fathers I think

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Fintech giant PayPal plans to roll out direct sales of cryptocurrency to its 325 million users... the service could be expected “in the next three months, maybe sooner.”

:wth:

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Nice, now your donations to WikiLeaks can still get blocked

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
PayPal is just jealous of bitcoin's fees

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

After 3 years of posting about how Paypal and Venmo make cryptocurrency unnecessary, this happens. Nocoiners all bend the knee eventually.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
company founded on skimming money off distrust in e-commerce expands to least-trusted exchange medium ever, hodl my pnl at 11

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

ghosTTy posted:

After 3 years of posting about how Paypal and Venmo make cryptocurrency unnecessary, this happens. Nocoiners all bend the knee eventually.

Too on the nose with this one

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ghosTTy posted:

Where y’all gonna post about bitcoin op?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

ghosTTy posted:

Hahahaha oh gently caress this is funny.

Still no one has found a single good reason to use cryptocurrency over fiat, unless you live in Venezuela or something LMAO.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

ghosTTy posted:

Yeah yeah we've heard this before. Get back to me if it actually happens.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lou Takki posted:

Hahahaha oh gently caress this is funny.

Still no one has found a single good reason to use cryptocurrency over fiat, unless you live in Venezuela or something LMAO.

Pretty sure Venezuelans aren't flocking to Bitcorn.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Not sure a coiner could handle the currency system quietly moving to a crypto backend but no one actually gave a poo poo, noticed, or even acknowledged it.

What's the point if it doesn't come with some status. Why else would you care

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Fame Douglas posted:

Venezuelans are actually flocking to US dollars, via Zelle.

The only people using cryptos are a tiny number of rich people running mining rigs on the cheap electricity and selling the bitscorn for US dollars.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

Guess you're right so that leaves..... No valid applications for Bitcoin!

Honestly cryptocurrency based on proof of work should be banned just for ecological reasons alone.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I finally downloaded CashApp so I could donate to the local bail funds, and noticed it lets you buy Buttcoins. Why didn't this revolutionize the market and drive up the price when it was introduced however long ago? And why would PayPal adding it make any more of a difference?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Stop asking hard questions please.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

vortmax posted:

I finally downloaded CashApp so I could donate to the local bail funds, and noticed it lets you buy Buttcoins. Why didn't this revolutionize the market and drive up the price when it was introduced however long ago? And why would PayPal adding it make any more of a difference?

Lots of places let you buy butts. They like free money.

But to cash them in? Why would you give money away?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

buttcoin

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
HDC here 2 mine buttz on a mods grave

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
What happened to Atlas. And Bruce.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Daikloktos posted:

What happened to Atlas. And Bruce.

Bruce "Pattaya" Wagner or Bruce "Bruce Fenton" Fenton?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
incidentally if the rumours are true and jeffery can afford to buy this website because of his bitcoin investments, lol forever utterly utterly perfect. i think that would be the perfect capper to SA's relationship with bitcoin.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Jeffrey Bitcoin thing isn't true. Goons like to make poo poo up.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

If SA makes as much money as Lowtax used to claim, he should be paying Jeffrey to take it.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I’m tempted to buy a few stacks of those physical ‘bitcoins’ as a honey pot for thieves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Fame Douglas posted:

The Jeffrey Bitcoin thing isn't true. Goons like to make poo poo up.

It's true and when he buys the forum, Jeffrey is going to move it to the blockchain.