Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

wizzardstaff posted:

This is clearly a fake commercial from Adult Swim, come on.

....wait, it's not?

As long as we're tagging ourselves, I'm "Okahoma".

mad props to anyone else who remembers this thread from like '06 or '07 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/_lanabelle/status/1273795026091466753

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
https://twitter.com/naranciagaming/status/1273486228797652998?s=19

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/bel_biv_devos/status/1273722327885205504?s=21

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

the thread btw is absolutely full of Europeans proving him right

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This also works for

Canadians/Australians making fun of America's racism vs. Canadians/Australians when asked about First Nations peoples.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Coprophiliacs need love too.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Someone in the replies mentioned that she has the eyes of a siberian husky and I can't unsee it now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/timmaughan/status/1273833336918683648

https://mobile.twitter.com/Breakaribecca/status/1273078624191684608

Popular Mechanics going full anarchist cookbook is an interesting twist to the season

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

christmas boots posted:

Someone in the replies mentioned that she has the eyes of a siberian husky and I can't unsee it now.

She's a faceswapped Henning Wehn

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Coprophiliacs need love too.

Someone at work brought up TPUSA today and I just yelled "YOU MEAN POOP-PANTS GUN GIRL?" at him until he shut up.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Everyone should respond to mentions of Charlie Kirk with "You mean the Diaper Boy?" If someone points out that he wasn't actually involved with the diaper stunt, express disappointment that he didn't have the courage to stand with his diaper-wearing underlings.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/timmaughan/status/1273833336918683648

Popular Mechanics going full anarchist cookbook is an interesting twist to the season

Popular Mechanics posted:

In 2017, a group of New Yorkers sued the NYPD for damages resulting from sonic attacks during the protests that followed the non-indictment of Daniel Pantaleo, one of the officers who murdered Eric Garner in 2014.

Mad props when a publication actually calls out murder for what it is.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

More like Populism Mechanics, wowee

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Looking forward to the guest article by famed mathematician T.J. Kaczynsky.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's 2020, Popular mechanics is printing homemade napalm recipes and the nation's leading Marxist magazine is Teen Vogue. Has anyone read a Zoobook lately

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

https://twitter.com/MaraWilson/status/1273708907412598786?s=19

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
If that house is still standing the owner could make a bundle from guided tours

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Perhaps you were unaware but not just Black Lives Matter...

Owl Lives Matter

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CleverHans posted:

Perhaps you were unaware but not just Black Lives Matter...

Owl Lives Matter

:mods:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I watched a completion of her going round campuses and it's like someone gave a microphone to a 10 year old. She's loving stupid on a level I can't really believe.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
She put on a "disguise" (hat and sunglasses) and went around asking people their opinion of her. To a person they were all like "yeah she's a dipshit". Then she took off the "disguise" and said "Oh is that right, would you say that to my face?" Again, every single one of them said "uhh, yeah lol, you're a dipshit".

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

bessantj posted:

I watched a completion of her going round campuses and it's like someone gave a microphone to a 10 year old. She's loving stupid on a level I can't really believe.

First time I saw her, I genuinely thought she was an Onion reporter.

Second time, I thought it was a persona someone was playing to satirise those views .

Third time? That girl ain't right in the head.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Memento posted:

She put on a "disguise" (hat and sunglasses) and went around asking people their opinion of her. To a person they were all like "yeah she's a dipshit". Then she took off the "disguise" and said "Oh is that right, would you say that to my face?" Again, every single one of them said "uhh, yeah lol, you're a dipshit".

Or when she mistakenly asked a transman how they felt about hypothetical tampon machines in the men's room and he replied "it'd help a lot when I have my period."

As a cisman my only issue with tampons in the men's room would be the first couple of times I encountered it and thought i'd accidentally gone into the wrong bathroom. i'm confident in my own ability to get over it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Inceltown posted:

She's a faceswapped Henning Wehn

I never realized that girl from Spliced had a brother.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

As a cisman my only issue with tampons in the men's room would be the first couple of times I encountered it and thought i'd accidentally gone into the wrong bathroom. i'm confident in my own ability to get over it.

speaking as a man, whenever I am reminded of the fact that women bleed from their vaginas I immediately projectile vomit and scoop out my eyes with sporks, and even mention of the word "p*****d" is enough to cause me to lock myself in a packing crate until lured out with a deoderant with a diamond plate design on the packaging

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Moo the cow posted:

First time I saw her, I genuinely thought she was an Onion reporter.

Second time, I thought it was a persona someone was playing to satirise those views .

Third time? That girl ain't right in the head.

It's one of those times where "just ignore her." is the actual best advice.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

bessantj posted:

It's one of those times where "just ignore her." is the actual best advice.
Oh, I disagree.

She's so poo poo at putting forward her terrible views, that she's actually promoting good ones.

Skwirl posted:

Or when she mistakenly asked a transman how they felt about hypothetical tampon machines in the men's room and he replied "it'd help a lot when I have my period."

This was from a series of short interviews with students and every single one made me think 'ah, that is a good point in favour of mixed gender bathrooms'

I am still not convinced that she isn't a trojan horse for decent opinions, hiding in a giant wooden statue of a moron.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mara Wilson reading about groverhaus is uncommonly blessed

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

https://twitter.com/MaraWilson/status/1273744672964218881?s=19

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I'm not surprised that Mara Wilson at least lurks but I am delighted because she's wonderful

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah for real Mara if you're reading this, please don't ever expose your SA account because as you well know, goons cannot be trusted.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Memento posted:

Yeah for real Mara if you're reading this, please don't ever expose your SA account because as you well know, goons cannot be trusted.

This place is a message... and part of a system of messages... pay attention to it!

Sending this message was important to us. We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here.

What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.

The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

it's always amusing that so much has changed about the tone, humour and userbase of this site but the one constant is people getting weirdly self-conscious about celebrities maybe posting here

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

poly and open-minded posted:

I'm not surprised that Mara Wilson at least lurks but I am delighted because she's wonderful

Both of those things were circulated widely on Twitter. It's entirely possible for people who've never even heard of Something Awful to know about groverhaus.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Necrothatcher posted:

it's always amusing that so much has changed about the tone, humour and userbase of this site but the one constant is people getting weirdly self-conscious about celebrities maybe posting here

And also Groverhaus.

Points to Groverhaus' longetivity, to be honest. There's a lot from those early days of SA that doesn't age well, that feels a little mean or gross or just plain isn't funny anymore because we've moved on. But Groverhaus stands the test of goddamn time, it's still just as hilarious as the day it was first posted, and it's probably going to stay that way for a long time.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tiggum posted:

Both of those things were circulated widely on Twitter. It's entirely possible for people who've never even heard of Something Awful to know about groverhaus.

I believe she said later that she used to read SA in high school and college, so our brush with fame is intact.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mara has stairs in her house, but unfortunately they were designed by Grover and deemed a health hazard.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Cleretic posted:

And also Groverhaus.

Points to Groverhaus' longetivity, to be honest. There's a lot from those early days of SA that doesn't age well, that feels a little mean or gross or just plain isn't funny anymore because we've moved on. But Groverhaus stands the test of goddamn time, it's still just as hilarious as the day it was first posted, and it's probably going to stay that way for a long time.

Zybourne Clock still funny too. Any goon project really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Is there like a definitive source for the entire grover haus saga? Like a dedicated thread, or something?