Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I was so excited when I got the info. Hoping for an orange bird AP magnet shot next month. Yay FW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Good luck getting a reservation.

https://twitter.com/wdwmagic/status/1273987843023609856?s=21

Apple watch as a Magic Band! Finally.

https://twitter.com/wdwmagic/status/1273993162277769229?s=21

Magic Kingdom park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park will begin a phased reopening on July 11—with Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopening on July 15.

To manage attendance during this reopening period, while also helping Guests plan ahead before their arrival, we are introducing the new Disney Park Pass system. During this time, all Guests with valid admission will be required to make a reservation in advance for each park entry, using this new online tool.

To enter a park, both a park reservation AND valid admission for the same park on the same date are required for each person in your party ages 3 and up (limit one park per day).

Booking Dates for Park Reservations

The Disney Park Pass system will be available soon to select Guests. Booking dates vary based on your plans.

Beginning June 22, 2020, Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations.

Beginning June 26, 2020, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations.

Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations.
Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021, based on your Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window.

If you booked a vacation package, your ticket eligibility is tied to your package travel dates. To make a park reservation for a different date, be sure to modify your vacation package dates.

If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 19, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There’s no way they’re going to actually open with Florida spiking so hard.

Like, come on theme parks...

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I kinda like having a unique band, plus the LE band special effects are great as well. So, while being able to use my smart watch as a band is a cool, I think I'll stick with my soft rubber mickey branded bracelet. I'm also the person who just forgoes the complimentary bands these days, though, so maybe that's why the announcement doesn't bother me.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

I kinda like having a unique band, plus the LE band special effects are great as well. So, while being able to use my smart watch as a band is a cool, I think I'll stick with my soft rubber mickey branded bracelet. I'm also the person who just forgoes the complimentary bands these days, though, so maybe that's why the announcement doesn't bother me.

:smith: I like collecting all my dumb little bands.

But, this does open up my interest in buying special ones instead of just going "well, I guess I get one of these colored ones, whatever". Which is absolutely the point of what they're doing.

God drat it.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Anyone know if the “annual pass holders can get a refund” thing is still active?

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

So park hours are limited, capacity is limited, and you now have to select a date and time to go. That's pretty rough

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Anyone know if the “annual pass holders can get a refund” thing is still active?

It's still listed as an option on the page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/ but, they've also gone through and done the extensions so who knows

Omne fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 19, 2020

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:smith: I like collecting all my dumb little bands.

But, this does open up my interest in buying special ones instead of just going "well, I guess I get one of these colored ones, whatever". Which is absolutely the point of what they're doing.

God drat it.

At this point I already have every color under the sun, so the complimentary ones are pretty pointless to me. I did like how they added the ability to upgrade to different ones for additional cost, allowed me to collect a few more.

I enjoy the bands a lot and hate the idea of having to rely on battery powered devices like my phone or watch.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I've got a pile of MBs from AP renewels that I never used.

Using my Apple watch is more convenient because I won't need to wear two things on my wrist. Plus with my watch on my "correct" hand I'm constantly trying to tap with it at the parks already.

I'd still buy special MBs though.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Thanks.

It’s reasonable to assume the AP clock will start rolling again on July 15, right?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-ne-coronavirus-friday-june-19-20200619-ubyg2zej7rartife55w2dew64i-story.html

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

We will still be able to use magic bands right? I have no interest at all in a smart watch, and monitoring battery for that stuff in the parks is a no go.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

alg posted:

We will still be able to use magic bands right? I have no interest at all in a smart watch, and monitoring battery for that stuff in the parks is a no go.

Yes. They will still be sold. With a discount for resort guests (and AP probably).

Old school key cards will also be available.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Annual passholders without a resort stay can only hold a maximum of three park reservations at one time. Wow. Way to destroy the value for locals.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I think you're confused. Disney wants to deter as many people from going to the park as possible.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

couldcareless posted:

I think you're confused. Disney wants to deter as many people from going to the park as possible.

Yup. Best evidence of that is the fact that all AP holders can now cancel.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Omne posted:

Annual passholders without a resort stay can only hold a maximum of three park reservations at one time. Wow. Way to destroy the value for locals.

I'm looking at my AP and just not seeing the point right now. Wish I'd taken the cancellation rather than the extension now.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

J33uk posted:

I'm looking at my AP and just not seeing the point right now. Wish I'd taken the cancellation rather than the extension now.

You can choose to cancel in July.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Mykkel posted:

You can choose to cancel in July.

Think I'm going to take them up on that. With the way the rest of the year is looking there just isn't much benefit for me.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Omne posted:

So if I’m reading that right, if an AP holder chooses extension they get credit for (number of days the parks have been closed) + 1 month?

stabbity
Sep 28, 2004

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

So if I’m reading that right, if an AP holder chooses extension they get credit for (number of days the parks have been closed) + 1 month?

If you had paid in full, yep.

We have 2 APs that are on the monthly payment plan, and they only refunded us for 1. I've tried to call to get it fixed but it's only not worth the wait times. Meh.

We have Universal passes too, and we got 3 months extension for the time they were closed plus an extra month. We went to Universal on Wednesday to get some passholder stuff and I was honestly surprised how well everything was managed. I'm really curious to see how Disney handles it.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

stabbity posted:

If you had paid in full, yep.

We have 2 APs that are on the monthly payment plan, and they only refunded us for 1. I've tried to call to get it fixed but it's only not worth the wait times. Meh.

We have Universal passes too, and we got 3 months extension for the time they were closed plus an extra month. We went to Universal on Wednesday to get some passholder stuff and I was honestly surprised how well everything was managed. I'm really curious to see how Disney handles it.

Seems like regardless of payment plan vs. paid in full, you can either get the 30 day extension or a refund for the unused/remaining portion. The old way was dependent on whether you paid in full (extension unless you call in for a refund) or payment plan (no extension but you don't pay for closed months, unless you call in and request the extension).

We may switch our passes to Universal for a year if they're handling it better. The whole point of our APs was to run in whenever we wanted, and now we can't. And we have lots of out-of-state visitors that stay with us for a week or so, and we won't be able to join them for the whole trip anymore. No park hopping, no special events, no water parks, it's definitely not worth it anymore.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
The biggest loss for me is definitely the park hopping and ability to adjust plans on the fly. I've got a medical condition that's pretty unpredictable and can range from "Let's go all day" to "Yeah today is a bed bound day" in the space of 24 hours. Having an AP was perfect for us as a family but it just can't work that way now. I fully understand why and I'm sad about it but I'll take the money back for the next year. Here's hoping things calm down in 2021.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

What's weird is that other than signing up for the park, there's now a lot more flexibility. No fireworks or shows to plan around, probably fewer dining reservations to get to, no FP+ to work around.

Visiting the parks during this time is going to be strange, and not just because you stand a way higher than typical chance of dying as a result.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 20, 2020

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I do wonder how it'll work without those shows eating up a portion of the crowd at any given time, even with the reduced number of overall guests. We shall find out soon enough I guess.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Will have to see what capacity is for the parks the day it opens.

You only need a boarding pass for the rise of resistance ride now right? If you can't get into the land without one, woe to those that pick Hollywood studios without it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
25% capacity at MK is what I heard from cast members that are already back

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Bottom Liner posted:

25% capacity at MK is what I heard from cast members that are already back

25% of which capacity number though? That could still be 25,000 people or more

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Who knows. But assuming they scale the closing stages accordingly it’ll do a lot to deter people hopefully. But it doesn’t matter in the end, 10,000 people is way too many.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
cool cool cool

https://twitter.com/ceeduggg/status/1274066773969498113?s=21

https://twitter.com/ceeduggg/status/1274095308889141248?s=21

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Please Disney do the right thing and stay closed.
Also, gently caress you Florida.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Lmao imagine the poo poo show when Disney has to cancel reservations a second time

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
At the very least they should actually do the child protection agency guys who drag out anyone who takes off their mask

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man

This is a false rumor (I know someone that works at Gringotts & another at FJ), they are (and have been) testing if anyone shows signs of sickness, and so far no positives, Anyone working with someone who reports feeling ill is sent home and tested (paid) and can't return until testing results come back. so far nobody has come back positive, However I'd still expect things like this to happen eventually.

Atricks fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 20, 2020

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
As I was leaving Disney Springs today a young, fit, 20-somethings looking couple was coming up to the temperature screening. The cast member said to put on their masks and they said they didn't need to wear them because they had an "ADA card". They were denied entry.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dren posted:

At the very least they should actually do the child protection agency guys who drag out anyone who takes off their mask

Sincerely, I will go if this happens. My life is forfeit anyway.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
No virtual queue for Rise for the reopening. Interesting.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

J33uk posted:

No virtual queue for Rise for the reopening. Interesting.

So how are they going to handle that incredibly popular ride?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

kensei posted:

So how are they going to handle that incredibly popular ride?

I think they are anticipating the severe reduction in crowds to help. If they are only letting in passholders and people who already bought tickets for the rest of the year, we aren't going to see a huge crowd for a long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Any idea what time the park reservation system goes live tomorrow? 7am eastern like the dining/FP reservations?