Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Cops as Spartans makes a lot of sense given the regularity with which their initiation period coincides with the murder of an unarmed person.

What, in that they were actually bitches who barked every second they weren't biting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Mameluke posted:

What, in that they were actually bitches who barked every second they weren't biting?

also were so loving brutal, even by the standards of their day, that they perpetually feared a revolt from people they subjugated

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/amyspitalnick/status/1273778769673760770?s=19

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

So did his plantation owning family cut him off or what?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Nucleic Acids posted:

So did his plantation owning family cut him off or what?

old money was horrified by his gauche display of racism

a dignified Spencer is discrete and does not get punched by the hoi polloi

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I still think he's just hiding his money and doesn't believe he should have to pay out of pocket for costs incurred by his support of "the movement," which should instead pay his bills for him through donations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This video showed up in my recomends, and while the guy presenting it is pretty goony (shave that poo poo dude), he did go to school with Mikhaila Peterson. I had no idea that she was utter bonkers, I can only eat meat and salt...also booze and sometimes pills made from poop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URZJftBBhfo

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

I still think he's just hiding his money and doesn't believe he should have to pay out of pocket for costs incurred by his support of "the movement," which should instead pay his bills for him through donations.

assuming his moneyed family is still alive, it would be pretty stupid if a lot of the cash were readily available to him. house in their name, car in their name, $15k unreported gift every year, he could never have any assets or reported income outside of donations but also never worry about gas or food

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Styx666Official/status/1261057912232869890

https://twitter.com/Styx666Official/status/1261059301839437829

sargon video dont click just look at the funny picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v48fzR47RQs

so all the youtube alt right debate lords have decided ”debate bad” around a month ago, complaining about astro turfed lefties targeting them for harassment. oh how the turn tables

the real reason is left wing creators are big on youtube now their videos cant be brigaded and mass flagged away when sargon etc loses a debate

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
personally i think these debates are silly but this was basically their entire thing for like 5 years and theyve all folded instantly because of one guy in the span of 2 weeks

edit: i guess this is similar to what happened with the higher level right wing debate lords and sam seder

Reclines Obesily has issued a correction as of 05:23 on Jun 19, 2020

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

yeah I'll believe otherwise if he actually gets jailed for contempt/refusal to pay

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

DukeDuke posted:

Karl Popper famously blamed Plato for Marxism lol

lmao

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Reclines Obesily posted:

personally i think these debates are silly but this was basically their entire thing for like 5 years and theyve all folded instantly because of one guy in the span of 2 weeks

edit: i guess this is similar to what happened with the higher level right wing debate lords and sam seder

what happened? that stuff is all from like a month ago. its really weird that theyd feel the need to say this outloud instead of just ignoring the leftists like theyve been doing for years

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
karl popper is a the ur lib cuck

a pedantic bore

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Farm Frenzy posted:

what happened? that stuff is all from like a month ago.

i only know this second hand since i cant stand these debates

basically there‘s a new leftist youtuber called vaush who is open to debate anyone, he gets around 5k viewers on his live streams. his viewers went on twitter to ask the usual dipshits to debate him; sargon, molyneux, nazi pug guy etc

a bunch of them debated him about lefty stuff like co ops and race etc and got owned and now theyve decided debating leftists is bad

Farm Frenzy posted:

its really weird that theyd feel the need to say this outloud instead of just ignoring the leftists like theyve been doing for years

his audience is too big to ignore and styxs audience started calling styx a pussy for ducking a ”soy guzzling commie“

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i thought vaush was bad or the new destiny something from the way social media was buzzing about it

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Dreylad posted:

i thought vaush was bad or the new destiny something from the way social media was buzzing about it

dunno much about him, just nice to see these guys get a taste of what theyve been doing to others for years now

also the death of the ”debate me” poo poo

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i don't get why these turds developed cold feet all of a sudden

what do they think is gonna happen if they wind up "losing", anyway? are they scared their fans will all jump ship?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Mr Interweb posted:

what do they think is gonna happen if they wind up "losing", anyway? are they scared their fans will all jump ship?

Half of their audience is willing to turn on them and make fun of them if it invokes a big enough reaction.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
That sounds like a perversion of debate to me. If you go in to "own" someone you're not going to a debate anymore…

This is how you debate:

https://i.imgur.com/Q78h1iJ.mp4

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
oh hey, here's a new one
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1273804893556486144

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/airstevejobs/status/1273643920682074113?s=21

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

drat I’m glad I got out of NYC before gentrification hit Bed-Stuy. hosed up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
curious she's got fans like this isn't it

https://twitter.com/SamSacks/status/1273940158467932161?s=20

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

88. loving really

Don't count the number of words in the first sentence of the ad, then.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
LOL, JJ MacNab deleted her tweet where she claimed the red triangle for political prisoners of the Nazis was "obscure Nazi iconography" and not something anyone who's ever picked up a book about the Holocaust would know. Probably because she was getting dunked on in the comments.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Antigravitas posted:

That sounds like a perversion of debate to me. If you go in to "own" someone you're not going to a debate anymore…

This is how you debate:

Foucault was so cool

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Mr Interweb posted:

It goes straight to their entire reason for existing.

The pitch of the DEBATE ME crowd is that they, and by extension their fans, are intellectually superior to leftists. Whereas leftists are entirely driven by unexamined, logically contradictory emotions, they have come to their beliefs via clear-eyed scientific examination and concluded entirely by logic that they are right.

They build this up with excruciatingly long videos that couch everything they do in logical terms, complete with mock attacks for what leftists would say, and a thorough refutation of said points.

This works pretty well when the only people who want to "debate" them are randos crashing their livestream or yelling at them on social media. They're decent at deflecting or burying them in bullshit until the person gets bored/frustrated and leaves. Their fans mistake this for being good at debate.

It all falls apart when they agree to debate on a platform where they don't have control or at least the ability to unilaterally disengage. As one would expect, they're committing some pretty basic logical errors in constructing their worldview, and someone skilled enough at debate to push through their bluster and bullshit can make them look like absolute idiots pretty quickly.

Looking foolish is, to a fash personality, the ultimate sin. Their fans are braying jackals who hate weakness (because they know that they are weak and so hate it above all else), so seeing their avatar humiliated publicly gives the fans no choice but to turn on them.

The true believers aren't self aware enough to know that they're going to get destroyed, but grifters like Styx know that they'll get destroyed so they will do everything they can to avoid those kind of debates.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dreylad posted:

Reclines Obesily posted:

dunno much about him, just nice to see these guys get a taste of what theyve been doing to others for years now

also the death of the ”debate me” poo poo

He's very much dirtbag leftist type and will use edgier language than many left-leaning streamers would be comfortable using, and he outright says he does it so that chuds who debate him can't try and "out-masculine" him by being politically incorrect because he's more concerned with convincing the chud's audience said chud is a mincing little coward hiding being bravado and bullshit 'facts.'

Oh and he got into an argument with Thought Slime over gender spectrality. It was mostly niche poo poo but got pretty nasty from Vaush's side from what I recall.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Tesseraction posted:

He's very much dirtbag leftist type and will use edgier language than many left-leaning streamers would be comfortable using, and he outright says he does it so that chuds who debate him can't try and "out-masculine" him by being politically incorrect
To be clear, by "edgier language" and "politically incorrect" here, you mean he uses slurs, right?

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

pookel posted:

To be clear, by "edgier language" and "politically incorrect" here, you mean he uses slurs, right?

He did use the n-word to catch nazis on the back foot yes.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Antigravitas posted:

This is how you debate:

daddy! :swoon:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
remember when ben shapiro accidentally fell into a debate on bbc television and fled in tears after 8 minutes

good times

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

miniscule12 posted:

considering how much more effective pretty much everything else is at stopping Nazis than debating is it just sounds like an excuse to use the n word tbh

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

miniscule12 posted:

Wow I'm glad he used a slur to catch people on the back foot in a game of 4D chess or something.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Glad that came out before I actually watched him lol

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
another statue got torn down

https://twitter.com/mi6rogue/status/1274016716570480640

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Jack Posobiec trying to even be more subtle now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

miniscule12 posted:

I don't remember that happening? I just remember him calling people bitch and the r-slur before he decided to retire the latter after admitting that casual ableism wasn't right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Reclines Obesily posted:

remember when ben shapiro accidentally fell into a debate on bbc television and fled in tears after 8 minutes

good times
he fell into a softball interview with Andrew Neil, one of the most conservative voices in the UK, who asked him very easy to answer questions that Shapiro melted down about and took off halfway through in a huff, accusing Neil of being a liberal. Questions that weren't misleading or trapping Ben, he just had to answer consistently, and Neil would've nodded along.

Instead he had a meltdown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRF3r3zUGqk

Shapiro hasn't been anywhere close to an actual debate, ever.