Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They'll just show a bunch of rereleases because they're betting on enough people being desperate to go to a movie theater again after three or four months. They're also betting on the people that will gather in large groups anywhere to flaunt that they're not wearing a mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They'll just show a bunch of rereleases because they're betting on enough people being desperate to go to a movie theater again after three or four months. They're also betting on the people that will gather in large groups anywhere to flaunt that they're not wearing a mask.

is it really a bet if it's a 100% chance?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well I definitely won't be going to an AMC until there is a vaccine

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1273763757592735746

:lol:

The only people against wearing masks are the ones trying to politicize it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Good luck, we’re all counting on you

:five:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My wife has already told me to cancel her A-List for now because she’s not using it any time soon.

I, however, do want to go back to the movies, even masked up. Definitely something I miss.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

FlamingLiberal posted:

They've already reversed course on this, ahahaha.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yes that was extremely predicable

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

My wife has already told me to cancel her A-List for now because she’s not using it any time soon.

I, however, do want to go back to the movies, even masked up. Definitely something I miss.

I went to a local drive in and it felt really nice. And I could social distance due to the whole everyone being in cars thing.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wish drive-ins were still open near me.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Silly Burrito posted:

From their site:All A-List memberships were automatically paused as theatre closures went into effect. We have created the ability for you to control when your A-List membership is reactivated, anytime between theatres reopening and October 1, 2020. Please keep checking back to see if your theatre has reopened, and when you feel ready to return to our theatres, simply visit your account on our mobile app or website to reactivate your membership and start making movie reservations immediately. As of today, we plan to reactivate any memberships that remain in a paused state on October 1, 2020. We greatly value our members and will communicate in advance of any changes to membership status.

So at least they are giving you the option to keep it on pause longer.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Elviscat posted:

My local drive-in is doing classic movies! I might get to watch Airplane! On the big screen!

Surely you're joking!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Zero One posted:

From their site:All A-List memberships were automatically paused as theatre closures went into effect. We have created the ability for you to control when your A-List membership is reactivated, anytime between theatres reopening and October 1, 2020. Please keep checking back to see if your theatre has reopened, and when you feel ready to return to our theatres, simply visit your account on our mobile app or website to reactivate your membership and start making movie reservations immediately. As of today, we plan to reactivate any memberships that remain in a paused state on October 1, 2020. We greatly value our members and will communicate in advance of any changes to membership status.

So at least they are giving you the option to keep it on pause longer.

Well that’s new or I missed it on their site because I looked at my account and it said the next billing date was July 6. Considering they’re not opening until July 15th at the latest, I figured they’d push it back another month.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Man the only film I've even considered going to an actual movie theater to see for like the last five years would be Dune and it probably won't even come out this year (god I hope it does though) and if it does I'm gonna have to wear an actual loving stillsuit to not die.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Biplane posted:

Man the only film I've even considered going to an actual movie theater to see for like the last five years would be Dune and it probably won't even come out this year (god I hope it does though) and if it does I'm gonna have to wear an actual loving stillsuit to not die.

Upside to a stillsuit is you don't have to worry about going to the bathroom, just let 'er rip!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

SO DEMANDING posted:

Upside to a stillsuit is you don't have to worry about going to the bathroom, just let 'er rip!

Why would I start worrying about that now

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

SO DEMANDING posted:

Yer A Fremen Warrior, Harry!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Our local Drive In last week had Jurassic Park and the recent Invisible Man.

Also, I wish I grew up in a 17th century court.
I just grew up in Baltimore. Different kind of court, still needs special clothes.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Are any movies even coming out for AMC to show? All the tent pole movies keep getting pushed back. WTF is AMC going to play in these empty theaters?

They'll help cement Sonic the Hedgehog as the top movie of the decade.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1274026066148036616

Great job pissing everyone off. Outstanding move.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The people that don't want to wear a mask will make a big stink and leave, or just take the mask off once they're seated.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Quiet Feet posted:

Surely, you're joking!

I am serious, and don't call me Surely.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask.

They still don't care, they just didn't then either.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The people that don't want to wear a mask will make a big stink and leave, or just take the mask off once they're seated.

You won't have to even wear a mask while sitting because you're eating your Junior Mints.

So all this poo poo was over the 5 minutes between buying your tickets/popcorn and walking to your seat. And since a lot of theaters are going to reserved seating, they can even socially distance all the attendees*.

*does not apply to dumbasses who will sit right next to you to get a marginally better view of the screen.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Biplane posted:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

SO DEMANDING posted:

we keep telling you those are a dirty pair of Champion sweatpants, not a stillsuit.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

jetz0r posted:

They'll help cement Sonic the Hedgehog as the top movie of the decade.

I'm still mad that they made movies released up to February 2021 eligible for the next Oscars so Sonic probably won't sweep any categories by being the only movie in them.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

bulletsponge13 posted:

How was it a scam? Genuinely no clue.

I've seen various stores selling big ticket apparel that do the "all of our suits/dress shoes/whatever are buy 1 get one free". What this actually means is that you have to buy two at once, rather than single one you probably came in for.

e: also if you don't get 2 that cost around the same amount you're getting ripped off on the cheaper one.

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 16:15 on Jun 22, 2020

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1275112838193971201?s=21

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

lol, SoftBank sure knows how to pick'em.

https://twitter.com/BondHack/status/1275170558276239361

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1275357189142650885

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If I remember correctly, the head of SoftBank is a crazy person too, which is why he gets fooled by cons like this and WeWork

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

boo_radley posted:

we keep telling you those are a dirty pair of Champion sweatpants, not a stillsuit.

Look man, everyone who sees him wearing those same dirty pants says "STILL!?"

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Quiet Feet posted:

Look man, everyone who sees him wearing those same dirty pants says "STILL!?"

Just because everyone leaves when they hear your name does not mean it is a "killing word".

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Bitches leave

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Spazzle posted:

Bitches leave

Yes!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Spazzle posted:

Bitches leave

:drat:

I can't unsee it now

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

If I remember correctly, the head of SoftBank is a crazy person too, which is why he gets fooled by cons like this and WeWork

He’s basically Japan’s Elon Musk. Got very lucky and invested early in Ali Baba.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masayoshi_Son

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Theme Parks are obviously not doing too hot right now, and none more so than Sea World. Before the crisis, they began to shift their focus away from animals towards rides, particularly large rollercoasters. This year they were planning to open top of the line rollercoasters in all their parks, but the closures have caused them to halt the openings, and it’s come to light that they haven’t fully paid for any of them. While I don’t think they’re going to go under because of this, it was spectacularly bad timing for them.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ah. The most serious of crimes. Theft of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Gann Jerrod posted:

Theme Parks are obviously not doing too hot right now, and none more so than Sea World. Before the crisis, they began to shift their focus away from animals towards rides, particularly large rollercoasters. This year they were planning to open top of the line rollercoasters in all their parks, but the closures have caused them to halt the openings, and it’s come to light that they haven’t fully paid for any of them. While I don’t think they’re going to go under because of this, it was spectacularly bad timing for them.

Probably not great timing for Imtamin or Bolliger & Mabillard, either.