Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Did it recharge his batteries?

rofl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If today was a commercial, it'd be an Energizer commercial, and I'd be the off brand bunny that lost power halfway.

Also Jacko is in the background screaming Oi for some reason

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

the cool posts kid posted:

had an hsp for lunch and i've felt like i'm gonna spew ever since

rest in power

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
The salad is what balances the kebab and makes it the greatest street food. The only times I've tried a HSP I couldn't understand why people wanted just salty meat and chips, then I stupidly tried it a second time to see if the first place just made a bad one, and it was the same.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yeah why would anyone in their right mind want to eat salty meat and chips right? Animals.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

starkebn posted:

The salad is what balances the kebab and makes it the greatest street food. The only times I've tried a HSP I couldn't understand why people wanted just salty meat and chips, then I stupidly tried it a second time to see if the first place just made a bad one, and it was the same.

ok fine but if you get iceburg lettuce and no tabouli you are a garbage person IMO

Re: HSP dislike you were either in too good a mood or not shitfaced/hungover enough. HSP is king when your only outlook is "gently caress this cursed world"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I've had kebabs in over 25 countries and I can say with some conviction that the Australian offerings are pretty decent.

Garlic sauce and hummus with tabouli is the only correct option tho, fight me.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Outrail posted:

I've had kebabs in over 25 countries and I can say with some conviction that the Australian offerings are pretty decent.

Garlic sauce and hummus with tabouli is the only correct option tho, fight me.

Mixed with Tabouli, tomato (if they look dece) garlic and hot chilli. You, me, carpark NOW

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

kebab is the poor cousin of the souvlaki.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
HSP wasn't much of a thing in regional Victoria before I went vego so I never tried one and now might never. Never had a bahn mi either.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

DumbparameciuM posted:

Mixed with Tabouli, tomato (if they look dece) garlic and hot chilli. You, me, carpark NOW

I'll concede tomato and chilli, but we can have a punch up if you want. King hits only.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Banh mi over a kebab for mine. I'm never drunk enough to consider a kebab these days.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Airstream Driver posted:

Banh mi over a kebab for mine. I'm never drunk enough to consider a kebab these days.

I wish I knew somewhere nearby for a good bahn mi, I would be all over that poo poo it's been forever since I last had one. The kebab place close to my place is really solid and their pide is ace for something different.

anti-magic fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 20, 2020

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

starkebn posted:

you need to get more drunk/high

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You can get a fried tofu Banh mi, it’s better than no banh mi if you’re a vego

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Yeah well, I'm usually buying them for lunch, not shitfaced at 1am

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Haven’t tried kebab with tabouli yet, gonna do that next. After I try this Maccas fried cheese patty burger thingo

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hambeet posted:

You can get a fried tofu Banh mi, it’s better than no banh mi if you’re a vego

I'll have a try one of these days, something tells me bbq pork and pate are pretty integral though. Vego pho is nice, but I can still remember what pho stock with beef bones tastes like, it's the one thing I really miss.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

hambeet posted:

After I try this Maccas fried cheese patty burger thingo

i haven't had mcdonalds in a decade, but that burger combination looks good

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:dudsmile:

lol i just noticed the hamburgers in your avatar

hambeet fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 20, 2020

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hambeet posted:

:dudsmile:

lol i just noticed the hamburgers in your avatar

I had this one last night. The sweet chili sauce was pretty good, but the cheese made the burger really soggy. It was hard to eat, but tasty.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

"it's no cheesy nug" says belljar

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

idk how cheesy nugs became a thing, i dont think you ate them all that much did you?

the cool posts kid
Jul 24, 2007

i just want the cheese without the rest of the burger around it

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I live up the road from a fish n chips that does great kebabs. I'll get one after doing yardwork and it's :discourse:

EoinCannon posted:

I'll have a try one of these days, something tells me bbq pork and pate are pretty integral though. Vego pho is nice, but I can still remember what pho stock with beef bones tastes like, it's the one thing I really miss.

The pate is the real issue, any sort of decent veggie protein can sub in for the pork in a bahn mi there's so much other stuff on there.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
gently caress me I haven't had Macca's in ages and the pictures are always better than the actual food but my trash mouth is watering looking at that at the same time as my cardiovascular system is shrieking like it's having an intense panic attack

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Fanelien posted:

kebab is the poor cousin of the souvlaki.

Hate speech.

A good kebab is about the bread. Proper Turkish bread, split open or the nicer Lebanese bread wrapped. Either way it should be fresh. It's no coincidence that the best kebab shops have bakeries attached.

Fillings for me are lettuce, tomato and onion with garlic and hot chilli sauce. Occasionally some chips in there too is nice.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

The pate is the real issue, any sort of decent veggie protein can sub in for the pork in a bahn mi there's so much other stuff on there.

The pate is definitely what makes bahn mi so good.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

The size of Maccas burgers is loving insulting, they're like the size of a coaster. Hungry Jacks is the superior fast food burger joint

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bill Posters posted:

Hate speech.

A good kebab is about the bread. Proper Turkish bread, split open or the nicer Lebanese bread wrapped. Either way it should be fresh. It's no coincidence that the best kebab shops have bakeries attached.

Fillings for me are lettuce, tomato and onion with garlic and hot chilli sauce. Occasionally some chips in there too is nice.

totally. the two best kebabs in my life were from afghan bakeries.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Visible Stink posted:

The size of Maccas burgers is loving insulting, they're like the size of a coaster. Hungry Jacks is the superior fast food burger joint

did you ever try the mega big mac?

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Carl's Jr seem to be popping up all over the place down here. They do a pretty decent fast food burger.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Open up In n Out Burgers + 5 Guys here in Australia.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

hambeet posted:

did you ever try the mega big mac?

I did not, I used to eat a ton of Maccas but avoid it for the most part these days. I'm assuming it was about the size it should normally be?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Culvers is the American chain I want down here. Never heard a word against it and those fried cheese curds look like a good way to die.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Shake shack supremacy.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Mixed with bbq garlic and chilli sauce, lettuce tomato and onion, cheese and tabouli

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I like Carl's Jr but it's only in Brisbane afaik

I want in n out

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Visible Stink posted:

I did not, I used to eat a ton of Maccas but avoid it for the most part these days. I'm assuming it was about the size it should normally be?

yeah it was pretty huge, bigger than hj's largest, but yeah. i only tried it out for novelty's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beaucoup Haram
Jun 18, 2005

Chicken kebab, lettuce, double cheese, tomato + bbq sauce, pineapple, gravy.

Is the most haram thing I’ve ever seen another human being put inside themselves.

Whoever said lettuce tomato onion tabouli hommus garlic sauce is correct. Chicken or lamb or both are acceptable, gently caress Doner.