Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017
Injustice is showing up at full price for me, in the UK. Is it just for the US?

I'd likely never play it anyway, but a free game is a free game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Trip Hazard posted:

Shows up as free in the search box and paid on the store page for me, some cache probably hasn't refreshed yet. Try again later.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Trip Hazard posted:

Steam Disease is real

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Trip Hazard posted:

I'm in Canada and was able to claim it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah was free in search but paid when adding to cart for a few hours.

just tried then and it was free and added successfully.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
PictoQuest and Mad Tracks are available on Twitch Prime, no idea why these two specifically and in the middle of the month either.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

pathway started out kind of lovely, but then they patched most of the balance problems. it's a good game now. well, unless you want all the achievements. that's a hellgrind packed with rng.
That is some wild red text.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Now free on EPIC:

AER Memories of Old

Stranger Things 3: The Game

NEXT WEEK:

Conan Exiles

Hue

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I’d almost call AER: Memories of Old a walking simulator, except you are flying around half of the time. No combat, straight-forward platforming, no puzzles that were so challenging I needed a walkthrough.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 25, 2020

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I liked AER enough to finish it, but it has one of those "indie devs ran out of time/money" endings.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Indiegala's giving away A.I.M.2 Clan Wars. If you like customizable robots, weird stories about ai personhood, huge maps full of secrets, or janky Russian games give it a go. https://freebies.indiegala.com/aim2-clan-wars/?dev_id=freebies

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Reus is available on Twitch Prime.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

Reus is available on Twitch Prime.

I really like that game. I didn’t get too far because I mostly just used it as a chill bonsai tree type thing, but it’s pretty enjoyable.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

Indiegala's giving away A.I.M.2 Clan Wars. If you like customizable robots, weird stories about ai personhood, huge maps full of secrets, or janky Russian games give it a go. https://freebies.indiegala.com/aim2-clan-wars/?dev_id=freebies
Got this and unfortunately it crashes immediately after I pick my player name and class and agree to the training.

Edit: you have to download this to fix it: http://kazemir.github.io/skyriver/mods/AIM2_kazemir_fix.zip

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I really like that game. I didn’t get too far because I mostly just used it as a chill bonsai tree type thing, but it’s pretty enjoyable.

that's mainly what it's good for. i kept feeling like it was gonna get really deep and complicated at some point, but it never does. which is fine, honestly, because it does its bonsai tree niche so well.

for whatever reason i constantly confuse it with Godus, that peter molyneux ponzi scheme, though, so every time someone brings it up it takes me a minute to remember that reus is actually real and good.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Coolguye posted:

that's mainly what it's good for. i kept feeling like it was gonna get really deep and complicated at some point, but it never does. which is fine, honestly, because it does its bonsai tree niche so well.

I found if you were pushing for some of the unlocks it could get difficult? Since you have a time limit on them it's real easy to end up with greedy warmongers. Or maybe I was just bad at the game.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Theswarms posted:

I found if you were pushing for some of the unlocks it could get difficult? Since you have a time limit on them it's real easy to end up with greedy warmongers. Or maybe I was just bad at the game.

I kind of just let it develop and if I was close to something unlocking I’d give it a nudge but I never went nuts for unlocks, I got a bunch of the early ones and then would just let stuff grow when I wanted to chill out.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Theswarms posted:

nah, most of the high level stuff requires a pretty specific build setup and the resources don't reliably show up. that's part of why i like the simile of a bonsai. if you try to force it in a specific arrangement, yeah, it's probably gonna get weird and it may just flatly be impossible with the restrictions you have. if you react to what's there you're probably going to have a beautiful tree but it might not be the one you specifically had in mind (like one of the specific improvements that large cities build).

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Cartoon Man posted:

No that’s the one and it’s a faithful remaster from a good studio. They’ve done the same magic with Turok 1 and 2, both of which are worth picking up. Would love to see those go free on Twitch Prime as well.

Hey, wish granted. These are the Twitch Prime games that will be available for the month of July:

- Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
- Dear Esther
- Grip: Combat Racing
- Kunai
- Dark Devotion

Starts tomorrow, but I didn't realize they released a listing some days ahead.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

treat posted:

Spirits of Xanadu doesn't belong among that collection of trash. It's a pretty short & enjoyable System Shock-like game that's absolutely worth the small amount of time it wants from you.

Played this today. Nice flashback to Shock 2. Even the entry area after you get off your shuttle and venture into the first grav shaft is reminiscent of the layout of the entry to training level for Shock 2. Also a nice moody little game to play in its own right.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just noticed they took Conan Exiles off of the Epic Game's free list for tomorrow.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Think it's because of the dicks?

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I wouldn't have thought that'd be an issue as the dicks are region locked.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Weak week then. I was more interested in Conan than Hue.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1278694655744454658

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Hue is available now on EGS and next week is three games - Killing Floor 2, Lifeless Planet and The Escapists 2

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

I kinda suspect the decision wasn’t really in the epic game store team’s hands, but I guess this was the most neutral press release they could come up with.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Well that just blows reallly hard.
You suck Epic.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Don't give Funcom money

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Hue was a fun little phone game. That’s about all though.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Games with gold is currently offering:
Coffee Talk
a racing game
and Saint’s Row 2.

I have never played SR2 and am definitely into this.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

El_Elegante posted:

Games with gold is currently offering:
Coffee Talk
a racing game
and Saint’s Row 2.

I have never played SR2 and am definitely into this.

I have always considered SR2 one of my favorite games.
The driving is so much fun in it.
Plus you get to spray poop on cops/buildings.

Also my favorite character is british male voice OR latino womans voice.
Those 2 actors did a great job.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 3, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

El_Elegante posted:

Coffee Talk

They made a game of Markorepairs :psyduck:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Killing Floor 2, nice

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

OgNar posted:

I have always considered SR2 one of my favorite games.
The driving is so much fun in it.
Plus you get to spray poop on cops/buildings.

Also my favorite character is british male voice OR latino womans voice.
Those 2 actors did a great job.

I dont know about the women voices but if you plan on playing Saints Row 2, then 3 and 4, British Male has the same voiceactor throughout for continuity. I suggest pretending you're the Joker more or less

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I dont know about the women voices but if you plan on playing Saints Row 2, then 3 and 4, British Male has the same voiceactor throughout for continuity. I suggest pretending you're the Joker more or less

Wasn't it Charles Shaughnessy in 2, then Robin Atkin Downes in 3/4?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If it was two different actors I legit didn't notice. I guess maybe I'm wrong.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

Wasn't it Charles Shaughnessy in 2, then Robin Atkin Downes in 3/4?
Correct. The only "consistent" player voice throughout the whole series is SR2's Male Voice 2 (Kenn Michael). Nearly every other player voice changes around at some point!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

repiv posted:

Hue is available now on EGS and next week is three games - Killing Floor 2, Lifeless Planet and The Escapists 2

Those 3 are all showing on my client as from "9 jul to 16 jul" so I wonder if they miswrote it or if its really going to be later today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
SR2 is the rare multiplatform game where playing it on console is preferable because the PC port is basically unplayable outside of an obscure combination of clock speed, operating system, mods, and the alignment of the planets so don't sleep on it. Though it has some weird balance and difficulty problems due to its age (sometimes your reward for completing a chain of activities is infinite ammo for a type of weapon, other times it's a coupon to save five bucks on healing items) so you might want to look up a guide or something if you get frustrated or stuck.

Volition announced a year ago they found the SR2 source code and are working on fixing the PC port but it's a two-man team doing it in their spare time and not an actual official remaster so who knows when or if we'll get it.