Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1273434129338707969

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Hope he dies

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Finally, a good arizona sheriff

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Trump totally has rona and is giving it to everyone he touches

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
I'm watching the Austin stream from Hiram, and Austin PD seems like they're just huge tools. I mean, that's all PD, but even more so. Although the protester asking them where their masks are is pretty great.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

taqueso posted:

Trump totally has rona and is giving it to everyone he touches

"Rona Donald" has a nice ring to it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1274113494288338946?s=20

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
its extra funny since he's a huge fuckin germaphobe

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Kitfox88 posted:

have a secret service going to have to dive in front of someone sneezing or coughing

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Kitfox88 posted:

he's not a "germaphobe" he just thinks poor people are dirty and there's no word for that that makes you the victim.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
no, he’s famously germophobic. He also thinks humans only have a finite amount of energy, and if you exercise you use it up more quickly and die sooner. Which may be why he’s afraid of stairs.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

drgitlin posted:

no, he’s famously germophobic. He also thinks humans only have a finite amount of energy, and if you exercise you use it up more quickly and die sooner. Which may be why he’s afraid of stairs.

No that's just the secret stroke he had when he went in for his emergency checkup.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

drgitlin posted:

lmao hadn't heard that one

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Anecdotal observation and may have to do with where I live but has anyone else noticed a lot more aggressive drivers than usual over the last month or two?

I'm catching a LOT of Big Trucks with Loud Exhausts and Big Tires loving FLYING down my streets here. There seems to be a lot of anger expressed on the road. Even more than usual.

I swear I hate...HATE...how much I find myself feeling prejudice for any car, truck or home I see that flies our nation's flag and I'm not sure not to make of it.

Any time I see someone going out of their way to fly our flag, it scares me and I HATE automatically assuming that those people must suck but I do.

What the gently caress is going on? I can't seem to identify with anyone anymore.

So very depressing.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Anecdotal observation and may have to do with where I live but has anyone else noticed a lot more aggressive drivers than usual over the last month or two?

I'm catching a LOT of Big Trucks with Loud Exhausts and Big Tires loving FLYING down my streets here. There seems to be a lot of anger expressed on the road. Even more than usual.

I swear I hate...HATE...how much I find myself feeling prejudice for any car, truck or home I see that flies our nation's flag and I'm not sure not to make of it.

Any time I see someone going out of their way to fly our flag, it scares me and I HATE automatically assuming that those people must suck but I do.

What the gently caress is going on? I can't seem to identify with anyone anymore.

So very depressing.

Yes. Big time. I mean, also totally anecdotal, but I’ve almost been hit several times in the last week alone. No clue what it is, if it’s even anything at all.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

So very depressing.

You hate nationalism. It's a disgusting ideology that puts creates one group and holds it above all others. If you don't subscribe to it, then you are in the camp of the others. Those flags are implicit threats against human brotherhood. gently caress a flag.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

BiggerBoat posted:

So very depressing.

My teenage son works at a Papa Murphys and he's been coming home stressed a lot more in the past couple of months. He says the proportion of nasty customers (chuds, yelling about the rona, throwing money at cashiers, bitching loudly, etc) has been far higher in recent months.
Thankfully he has a good manager who tells these fucks to get out and never come back.

PS: The same pizza place also serves Jim Mattis somewhat regularly. He was in a couple weeks ago.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

drgitlin posted:

germophobia sure didn’t stop him from loving bareback on multiple occasions 🤔

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

But...I kinda root for this flag.

That's "my team". I want it to do good things . I like a lot of things this country at least tries to do.

loving creeping me out that though that every time I see anyone flying it or slapping it on their vehicles, I get this weird sense that they're not really on my side, if you know what I mean, and I'm not sure what to make of it. They're inventing new ones with Punisher skulls and Blue Lines on them since the old one isn't good enough anymore.

The right wing has co-opted the flag, the Bible and almost everything else that might have stood for something good and just in this country at one point another. We've lost our collective minds.

I honestly think we're finished and am utterly terrified right now. I have a 9 year old boy and can offer him no hope beyond teaching him kindness. Who's gonna lead us out of this? Joe Biden? Donald Trump? Assuming we even have an election.

This is really bad.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

BiggerBoat posted:

This is really bad.

I'm trying to come up with a funny reply but I feel way too similarly :(

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
The flag wasn't co-opted it's always stood for slavery, genocide and white supremacy. As far as the bible goes I'll just say my opinion of religion is not great and whatever good messages it has to offer have been twisted into whatever is most convenient for as long as it has existed. There is no wholesome age to return to but we seem to be lucky enough to be living in a time when the entire rotten system is imploding on itself so maybe we can do better in the future.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

But...I kinda root for this flag.

That's "my team".

it's not

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i feel like some people could save themselves a hell of a lot of grief just by recognizing that that relatively quiet lapse ~1980-2000 was the historical aberration, not the entire rest of American history

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 04:11 on Jun 20, 2020

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

That's "my team".

But why though? What makes it your team?Because these people pay taxes to the same people? Why does your federal government have to be your team?

Look at the ground, the lines are imaginary. There's no reason to think a person in Honolulu is the same as one in Orlando, yet somehow fundamentally different from someone in Toronto. What makes a Houstonian the same as a Chicagoan, yet nothing like a Mexico Citier?

I mean Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving wrong and keep milk in bags, so there's that, but aside from that.

I've been around the world more than once and have met many, many people who were (to me at least) as "American" as anyone I had ever met in the US, yet had never set foot there.

If you still love flag though, just wait it out maybe. Times change and nationalism waxes and wanes. I think the newer generation has better heads on their shoulders. Maybe because they ate few lead paint chips.

Also why does no one ever get nationalistic about their state? I never see people waving Illinois flags or anything.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

germophobia sure didn’t stop him from loving bareback on multiple occasions 🤔

its that thing he does where he says both positions on a topic and then dumbass libs trip over themselves saying how owned he is because TECHNICALLY he said that

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

But why though? What makes it your team?Because these people pay taxes to the same people? Why does your federal government have to be your team?

Look at the ground, the lines are imaginary. There's no reason to think a person in Honolulu is the same as one in Orlando, yet somehow fundamentally different from someone in Toronto. What makes a Houstonian the same as a Chicagoan, yet nothing like a Mexico Citier?

I mean Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving wrong and keep milk in bags, so there's that, but aside from that.

I've been around the world more than once and have met many, many people who were (to me at least) as "American" as anyone I had ever met in the US, yet had never set foot there.

If you still love flag though, just wait it out maybe. Times change and nationalism waxes and wanes. I think the newer generation has better heads on their shoulders. Maybe because they ate few lead paint chips.

Also why does no one ever get nationalistic about their state? I never see people waving Illinois flags or anything.

I am proud of being Californian though. I thought the stereotype was even that Californians love to brag about how they're from California.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

But why though? What makes it your team?

It's just...where I've lived. I think America CAN stand for something good, if we try. I dunno... and it's a good question. We didn't used to be all bad. Maybe we we were.

It might sound stupid but I remember getting chills when the US Hockey team won the gold medal in 1980 and crying at work when the WTC got destroyed.

What I'm on about is that I never used to used to see this flag flying and be SCARED of the people waving it. Maybe I'm naive or misguided. I'm not prone to blind patriotism and am no flag sucker. I'm just sad and pissed off to to tell you the truth and depressed that I feel like I have to place my faith in Joe Biden.

How the gently caress did we get HERE?

You're right though. I don't now, man.

Sorry.

I guess I just want to believe in my heart that we're really better than this, even though I KNOW we're not.

BiggerBoat has issued a correction as of 05:02 on Jun 20, 2020

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
America has always and will always be the great satan.

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I am proud of being Californian though. I thought the stereotype was even that Californians love to brag about how they're from California.

Seconded, I like living here.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

I never used to used to see this flag flying and be SCARED of the people waving it

You were always there, you just didn't realize it.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I've noticed the craziness on the roads. When lockdown started it was weird and spooky but also peaceful going to and from work. As people started coming out and especially since the "Phase One" reopening I've had to keep my head on a swivel because people are driving like loving maniacs. I've seen multiple incidents of probable road-rage with two cars weaving through several lanes of traffic and 90 MPH or so. I've seen people pull out into oncoming traffic, change lanes suddenly causing others (and myself) to have to swerve or go onto the shoulder to avoid getting spun, and it doesn't stop on the streets. It's just as loving crazy in the 5-level parking deck where we employees park.

People are loving unhinged and it's showing in all kinds of ways.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 228 days!

BiggerBoat posted:

It's just...where I've lived. I think America CAN stand for something good, if we try. I dunno... and it's a good question. We didn't used to be all bad. Maybe we we were.

It might sound stupid but I remember getting chills when the US Hockey team won the gold medal in 1980 and crying at work when the WTC got destroyed.

What I'm on about is that I never used to used to see this flag flying and be SCARED of the people waving it. Maybe I'm naive or misguided. I'm not prone to blind patriotism and am no flag sucker. I'm just sad and pissed off to to tell you the truth and depressed that I feel like I have to place my faith in Joe Biden.

You're right though. I don't now, man.

Sorry.

I guess I just want to believe in my heart that we're really better than this, even though I KNOW we're not.

what you want is community and solidarity

flags and nations are symbols used to channel this into deference to authority

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

I've noticed the craziness on the roads. When lockdown started it was weird and spooky but also peaceful going to and from work. As people started coming out and especially since the "Phase One" reopening I've had to keep my head on a swivel because people are driving like loving maniacs. I've seen multiple incidents of probable road-rage with two cars weaving through several lanes of traffic and 90 MPH or so. I've seen people pull out into oncoming traffic, change lanes suddenly causing others (and myself) to have to swerve or go onto the shoulder to avoid getting spun, and it doesn't stop on the streets. It's just as loving crazy in the 5-level parking deck where we employees park.

People are loving unhinged and it's showing in all kinds of ways.

I thought it was just me. I have a 50 mile commute and so I'm used to driving these same roads and motherfuckers are nuts.

Hodgepodge posted:

what you want is community and solidarity

Well...yeah.

That'd be good.

BiggerBoat has issued a correction as of 06:16 on Jun 20, 2020

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

I've noticed the craziness on the roads.

yeah, people are really losing their poo poo all over the place because there's a pretty good chance it'll all come crumbling down and people realize it

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I can understand your despair BiggerB, I'm sorry I cannot give some kind of an effective panacea.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
if you've never seen creepy state pride please come visit Texas sometime, it literally does not matter where in the state you go, there will be a furniture store and/or truck stop with a huge Texas flag painted on the roof, Texas flags/colors in every direction, Texas shaped cookies and stepping stones and belt buckles and GOD BLESS TEXAS blasted onto every surface that will take writing

there is a billboard on the highway like three miles from me that says "California? Too late! Texas? Still great! VOTE REPUBLICAN" that iirc is in Glorious Texas colors as well

we still have an active secessionist movement because Republic of Texas

I loving hate this state

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

TheKennedys posted:

if you've never seen creepy state pride please come visit Texas sometime, it literally does not matter where in the state you go, there will be a furniture store and/or truck stop with a huge Texas flag painted on the roof, Texas flags/colors in every direction, Texas shaped cookies and stepping stones and belt buckles and GOD BLESS TEXAS blasted onto every surface that will take writing

there is a billboard on the highway like three miles from me that says "California? Too late! Texas? Still great! VOTE REPUBLICAN" that iirc is in Glorious Texas colors as well

I loving hate this state

:same:

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

BiggerBoat posted:

So very depressing.

Millions of Americans are watching as their cultural identities and assumptions are being systematically dismantled in what feels like a hyper normalized slow motion, as if they have spent years watching a corpse decay in front of them.

Hoes mad.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm just sad and pissed off to to tell you the truth and depressed that I feel like I have to place my faith in Joe Biden.
You don't need to do that, and you shouldn't do that. Holy poo poo - don't do that please. Put your faith in your comrades, and hope that by this time next year we're talking about the Office of the POTUS, and America itself, in the past tense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

TheKennedys posted:

I loving hate this state

I used to meet friends at a board game convention in Texas, and one of the highlights is that we would always stay in a hotel that made Texas-shaped waffles in the lobby. We looked forward to it every year.

I'm sorry about the secessionists.

The waffles were okay though.