Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

SaffronKit posted:

By the way, survivors CAN reopen the hatch with a key if you close it as killer. This can screw you but also lead to some hilarious situations.

Can you close it again if they are slow to enter it or is closing it a one time thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Using the key and jumping in is one action, but you can close it again if there's still other people in the match.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
did u ever realize that we all are playing an asymmetrical horror game where we are the survivors and the drat police are the killer

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Man, Freddy was one of the dudes I haven't played yet. The daily ritual had something to do with him and now I can't stop playing him. He's is just so much fun. Being able to lay those snares while still running is amazing as you chase people into turn-arounds. Three 4k games in a row. I know his run speed is supposedly average, but he feels like he is flying so fast. Maybe he is just shorter so it looks like it.

Makes up for trying to play Leatherface and just sucking hard. BBQ is almost unlocked tho!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah Freddy's height helps make him feel fast. When he lunges it also makes him feel like his arms are four feet long.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Was trying out Nancy and ended up as the last person alive versus a Ghostface. He hits and proceeded to start teabagging me while I went gently caress it and slowly crawled off toward the exit. Finally I guess he got bored and grabbed me. I struggle, break out, and ran directly to the hatch. Eat it, shitbird

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

DeathChicken posted:

Okay yeah, I really like Plague. Corrupt Intervention plus puking on the remaining gens seems to make survivors go "We're fine tanking puke with our face if we can still gen rush." Which, sure, run around in Broken all day if you want. I'll win that fight

Can't wait to try her out, watching streamers player her she looks amazing. Otz had a new build video for her that looked interesting. I'm not sure if it's as strong as he believes it to be, but those play tests were lol.

There are just so many people to play. I get on and say "Okay! Time to play Hag!" and I end up playing someone else for a couple of hours instead.

I also got to play the new map. Those people in cages kinda suck for the killer. They constantly moan and I got misdirected so many times by them.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 18, 2020

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So uh, heads up, if for some godforsaken reason you're planning on playing killer, I wouldn't. Sounds are somehow worse than they've ever been. There are no more noises for survivors dropping down from things. Iron Will now takes away ALL survivor sounds including grunts of pain and footsteps, and survivors can randomly get this without the perk being equipped. It's bad enough that at least one streamer has quit playing killer completely for a few weeks between that and how terrible the new map is.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Haven't really noticed too much yet. I have seen streamers point out that some of the perks that show people briefly aren't working 100%.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I don't really get the complaint about Midwich. It's not half as annoying as the drat Lab

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yah I dunno. It's one of the maps I got to play a Freddy on. Got a 4k against purples. I went through about what felt like 15 pallets, but I did it. I never really needed to use teleport, either.

Yah the guy in the video is way too negative about literally everything.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 19, 2020

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

DeathChicken posted:

I don't really get the complaint about Midwich. It's not half as annoying as the drat Lab

As a survivor with extremely bad luck it sucks for the following: I have a really hard time finding gens, and I usually spawn next to the killer, and there are a lot of dead ends. I LOVE the map in theory, but in practice I suck at it, it's the same for "The Game."

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I played a handful of rounds of killer the other day and didn't really notice the difference? I rely more on prediction and weird as hell randomness in a chase with a handful of sound stuff than totally on sound.

Sounds like it sucks for those hard in on sound cues though.

I actually really like Midwich and all the details they've tried to shove into it and having played it a lot now the gens are actually pretty easy to find once you realize they all spawn in roughly the same areas. My only issues is that switching to the upper level is far harder in certain places than dropping down to lower with one corner being in complete control of if the killer breaks two walls or not.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 19, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

As far as maps go, I've come to really hate Springwood just because it's so goddamn huge that (barring a killer with some kind of teleport) there is no way to cover it if survivors decide to split up.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The only map I really disliked was the lab, but playing hag on it kinda remedies all the dumb poo poo I normally do with other killers.

I think my favorite map is that swamp with the boats or whatever in them.

I'll probably be fine with all of them as I learn all the spots.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Audio is, I think, one of those things you notice when you get better at killer. I don't mean that in a condescending way, survivor sounds are just a big part of keeping track of survivors and one of the things you get better at as you play. Everything from pained grunts on down to footsteps and breathing. No falling sounds is a pretty big advantage that makes every single area with a drop (Coal Tower, Blood Lodge, Disturbed Ward, Sanctum of Wrath, any house) way safer than it's supposed to be. Faking pallet breaks gets harder because you can't hear if the survivor is walking away nor in what direction. If you get blinded with a flashlight you have no way to actually follow survivors. You can't keep track of survivors while moonwalking. Any map with corn or bamboo is now way easier to hide on. Tracking people on floors above or below you is impossible. Flicking with Oni is way harder because you can't hear the direction they're running relative to you. Spirit's whole power pretty much revolves around hearing once you're up against good survivors that don't just run.

Headphones are legitimately one of the most important parts of playing killer. And it's extra obnoxious because the audio keep breaking like every other major patch.

Midwich has a serious issue with getting to the second floor, and the classrooms are similar to the Haddonfield fences where there's just nothing you can really do around them. The latter isn't necessarily strong just boring. Combined with the former it makes Midwich a poorly designed map. It also lacks the standard "flashing light = unfinished generator in this room" sign posting the other indoor maps use. Or closed gates for The Game. It's a very cool map in terms of aesthetics and easter eggs but in terms of actual gameplay flow it's bad.

Also the Springwood maps are some of the smallest maps in the game. If they feel large then you're probably spending too much time in the upstairs and basement areas. And absolutely do not gently caress with any of the house basements. Gen in one of them? gently caress it the survivors can have it. It's not worth defending.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 19, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I haven't noticed any audio problems on the console version, but I am suddenly dropping a lot of frames, which has never been a problem before. Got really glaring in a recent match, I had one survivor trying to be clever and hiding inside of the gates. I walked right up on her with Plague, shot a point blank Corrupt Purge, and then suddenly she was out the door.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I'm pretty sure it's not just restricted to PC. It's only guaranteed to happen if survivors have Iron Will, otherwise you'd only be dealing with it whenever the game decides a survivor should just have the effects of the currently bugged Iron Will for unclear reasons.

Frame drop on consoles isn't surprising. It's another reason playing some killers is just tougher than on PC.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That was a bizarre one. So I'm playing as Demogorgon, against a bunch of clearly organized people. One of them goes to fix a generator, I run up on them, grab them. I'm then stuck in place while the other two (the person I was grabbing also appeared to be frozen) run up and start teabagging

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I’ve noticed some server lag where people will warp occasionally. That was before this update tho.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah it is a pretty glitchy game. I was being chased by Pyramid Head earlier and jumped in a locker, hit him with Head On (as in I got the points and the notification for hitting, and became exhausted) but it didn't stun him because he was going into his power thing. So he just smacked me. I just laugh at those games. I got stuck floating on the roof of shack once as Trapper.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
lol, OhTofu had a subathon and if he reached x many new subs he'd play Billy with a steering wheel.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 20, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Man, hook rescues in this are utter bullshit. I mean in the sense that I've lost repeated matches to this sequence: Guy A is on hook. Guy B comes to rescue. I run up to grab Guy B during his rescue animation. My killer swings instead, I get a "Skulch" noise while no one takes any damage (not anyone using Borrowed Time, I just mean the hit detection is making me hit the person *on* the hook to no effect), both people run off to the exit and teabag

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Have I mentioned how much I love hag? I really love hag.

When a game comes together where you can sheep herd them into traps, and then already have secondary traps set perfectly it's like.. amazing.

I've never played a killer where the end result is the survivors yelling at each other so much. I don't think I've ever been called out as a hag. You can't really tunnel or camp with her, ultimately it's the survivor's fault for literally everything that happens in the match.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jun 20, 2020

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Philthy posted:

Have I mentioned how much I love hag? I really love hag.

When a game comes together where you can sheep herd them into traps, and then already have secondary traps set perfectly it's like.. amazing.

I've never played a killer where the end result is the survivors yelling at each other so much. I don't think I've ever been called out as a hag. You can't really tunnel or camp with her, ultimately it's the survivor's fault for literally everything that happens in the match.

I loving love Lisa too, she's pretty much the best killer hands down. Highest skill ceiling next to Nurse hands down, and Nurse is more twitch reflexes skill wise.

However, you will absolutely get survivors complaining about you camping especially if you drop even a single trap in front of them on hook. I've had many a survivor complain Hag is so campy, when yeah the ultimate area denial killer is indeed good at making it near impossible to save people. Who knew?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I dunno, if I ever get called out on it, I'd just ask em why they weren't crouching while unhooking.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

You'd be surprised at the number of people at red ranks that aren't aware of this, or express surprise when you tell them about it.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Imagine how FAST the fix would come if Killers were randomly getting like Ruin or NOED or something (what are even any perks that are super broken for killer anymore?) People wouldn't even realize there was a problem

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Had three more great games of hag just now. However in one of them a survivor wasn't setting off traps at all. I normally put traps behind pallets and I pushed him through, he dropped the pallet, then continued to run right over my trap. It disappeared. I then chased him to a hooked survivor, same thing, he went right over the trap and nothing popped and it disappeared. I know flashlights can remove them, but not instantly like that right? I still won, I just had to do it the old fashioned way with this particular guy. I always forget to look at their add-ons when I'm done. :(

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Christ, just to convince myself I wasn't going crazy on what the hit detection is like when people are in a hook rescue, I put up someone as Leatherface and intentionally camped for a bit. Second person runs up. I go into a chainsaw flail with both the rescuer and the hooked person stuck in it, *both* of them run free with no damage.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Philthy posted:

lol, OhTofu had a subathon and if he reached x many new subs he'd play Billy with a steering wheel.

"Get in loser, we're gonna go see some corn."

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
He was driving around in circles for the entire match jumping off the rock while playing crazy anime techno music. It's so stupid I had to laugh.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

DeathChicken posted:

Okay yeah, I really like Plague. Corrupt Intervention plus puking on the remaining gens seems to make survivors go "We're fine tanking puke with our face if we can still gen rush." Which, sure, run around in Broken all day if you want. I'll win that fight

The meta strat for survivors vs Plague tends to be "Never heal" so yeah they'll take being perma-broken perma-Stridor over giving you Waterbeam Huntress

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Philthy posted:

Had three more great games of hag just now. However in one of them a survivor wasn't setting off traps at all. I normally put traps behind pallets and I pushed him through, he dropped the pallet, then continued to run right over my trap. It disappeared. I then chased him to a hooked survivor, same thing, he went right over the trap and nothing popped and it disappeared. I know flashlights can remove them, but not instantly like that right? I still won, I just had to do it the old fashioned way with this particular guy. I always forget to look at their add-ons when I'm done. :(

hm, there was previously a Claudette cosmetic (was part of a themed set of cosmetics involving Queen of the Mire, the best hag cosmetic set) that wouldn't trigger hag traps. What survivor was it and did they have a flashlight? Even if a survivor flashlights one of your traps you still get a notification it was destroyed, so it would have been pretty obvious if they were flash lighting it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I want to say either Dwight or Ace. Neither looked like they were carrying a flashlight.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Definitely happened to me in an earlier game. Was playing Hag in Midwich, put a trap on the far side of a pallet and looped a Claudette around it. She ignored it, trap disappeared. Put down a second one, it worked.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

There seems to be a bug with Midwich, so if you're there, don't expect Blood Warden to work properly if that's a perk you enjoy running. I've had 3 people run -through- the barrier. I thought it was lag but the third did it right in the middle of the duration rather than right at the end, so it seems to just be bugged at the moment.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

My new favorite troll is using Insidious and one of the chainsaw charge addons on Leatherface, hooking someone, hiding behind a corner for the inevitable rescue, running out and chainsaw flailing. Two down

Hey, if survivors want to play this game as cheaply as possible, I can annoy you right back :colbert:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Decided to finally try survivor tonight. It’s actually quite chill compared to the killer which is balls to the wall when it pops off. Kinda dig it! I totally suck and killers at rank 20 face camp but im getting my rituals and missions done getting me a lot of bp to help unlock my killer perks. This game has a metric ton of stuff to unlock. It’ll Keep me busy for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

DeathChicken posted:

My new favorite troll is using Insidious and one of the chainsaw charge addons on Leatherface, hooking someone, hiding behind a corner for the inevitable rescue, running out and chainsaw flailing. Two down

Hey, if survivors want to play this game as cheaply as possible, I can annoy you right back :colbert:

This is a pretty common gimmick build. There are a lot of silly killer gimmicks that I've enjoyed like a Hillbilly with the Hawaiian shirt who uses Haddonfield offerings and just defends one of the houses attacking anyone who gets close (and then postgame you see his name is GET OFF MY LAWN). Or a Wraith who just waits by their lit totem and only does anything if someone breaks it. Some of them are an eye roll but there are some fun gimmicks out there.