Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
That tater tot waffle thing looks like heaven, as does the chocolate chip cookie chocolate lava thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
The only one true food fad

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

bob dobbs is dead posted:

yeah we never do food fads anymore

With in restaurant dining, food fad's have just become delivery

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
The latest food fad is fuckin dying of the plague

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LifeSunDeath posted:

The only one true food fad

f o r b i d d e n
g u s h e r

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MariusLecter posted:

Literally Just Eggs Sausage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo8X2hBjq6M

He seems upset that he had to do 'Water Sausage' and that it's also his top viewed vid.

He's so mad, it's even better than his rant for the water sausage video

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
reposting a thread classic

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.

what even is this

is it cheese grits just cheese

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
potat and cheez

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
:randno:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah that looks like half and half cheese and mashed potato.

Which probably tastes really good honestly, i love mash potato. But it probably also is lethal to eat because it sticks to you like napalm and gives you second degree burns if you're not careful.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Lysistrata posted:

what even is this

French dish called pomme aligot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpSpytFnqYU

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003

Okay, with attention paid to quality of ingredients, technique, and texture, i can see it being good. I was thinking it was just mashed potatoes (or grits) that someone had slammed enough kraft cheese slices in to choke a hog.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Ah yes, whale cum and grits, just like nana made.

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lysistrata posted:

what even is this

It looks likes some kind of dough to me. Mind, "dough" covers a lot of different mixtures of ground grain and water and maybe something else, so it's just vague enough to be possibly "right"

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Sailor Cat posted:

He's so mad, it's even better than his rant for the water sausage video

this channel is fantastic :allears:

HookedOnChthonics has a new favorite as of 07:03 on Jun 20, 2020

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I can see how you could be discomforted by most of that, but I've seen the boat full of food plenty of times. It's just one of those classic fancy presentations.

And god drat that potato waffle sandwich would be amazing but also be enough food to sustain a whole family for a day.

I know that it's the only way you get the spectacle with these complicated dishes, but I feel like cross-sections are overused and ruin some foods.

Like it works with most sandwiches because most sandwiches are just a bunch of flat layers that easily maintain their cohesion so long as you're cutting with a sharp knife, but with foods that have a lot of liquid inside, blorp, there goes 30% of it onto the plate. Hope you weren't planning on eating all the food, or that you're willing lick up the leakage on the plate so it doesn't go to waste.

I don't know how you're supposed to eat this, but "slicing it like a cake" is probably not it.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
That french cheese potato thing just makes me think of the worst, saddest Mormon potluck flake potatoes. :smith: I know it probably tastes fine and isn't like eating glue, but my mind just immediately goes back to those dehydrated hell potatoes, with JUST enough moisture to give them the kind of jiggle you should only see out of jell-o.

That chocolate lava cake is sad because if it was just a little bit thicker it would hold together and you'd get some chocolate, instead of it just running all over the plate and becoming impossible to properly scoop onto another slice.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

*rolls up to the after-church lunch*

I BROUGHT AMBROSIAAAAAA!!!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Instant mash potatoes are one of my secret shame comfort foods. When I was a kid I would sometimes eat a giant bowl of them after school with an obscene amount of butter and salt, and nothing else. As an adult I don't buy them too often, but when I do I tend to hide the box in the back of the cupboard so I don't go completely hog wild on it.

Where did you get this picture of my lunch.

Just kidding. It was actually a slice of bread with a little splorch of mayo and a bunch of pepperoni. Yes I used the pepperoni to spread the mayo so I wouldn't get a knife dirty.

E: ..I actually kinda like my mom's ambrosia. She used to make it for holiday dinners and stuff like that. :shobon:

I think this one most closely resembles the kind she made. Just pineapple, canned mandarin oranges, coconut, mini marshmallows, and sour cream iirc.

Fartington Butts posted:

Bees on Wheat has a new favorite as of 08:09 on Jun 20, 2020

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What is the current food fad anyway, homemade sourdough bread?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Bees on Wheat posted:

Yes I used the pepperoni to spread the mayo so I wouldn't get a knife dirty.

That's just being practical.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

ghost pepper everything?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Fartington Butts posted:

Gimme all of it especially the Clementine one.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Elizabethan Error posted:

ghost pepper everything?

I though we were still in "truffle oil everything"?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Wasabi the J posted:

Gimme all of it especially the Clementine one.

I have honestly been thinking for the past week that I could gently caress up some Watergate salad right now.

In my meager defense, my family never made it with marshmallows.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sex Hobbit posted:

I have honestly been thinking for the past week that I could gently caress up some Watergate salad right now.

Funny you mention Watergate salad an this moment.

The president just tried to do a Watergate.

I know this isn't the thread for politics so I removed the massive tweet

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 09:49 on Jun 20, 2020

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sex Hobbit posted:

My mom would make Watergate salad back in the day. :unsmith: terribly unhealthy, but it's fine once or twice a year.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Randaconda posted:

My mom would make Watergate salad back in the day. :unsmith: terribly unhealthy, but it's fine once or twice a year.

There is something about that cool and creamy but nutty texture that is.. sort of desired every once in a while (to my eternal shame)

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
With regards to cheesy mashed potatoes, they're definitely not bad, but you really gotta watch what cheese you use and tone down the amount of butter you otherwise put in the mashed potatoes, because the cheese will contain a decent amount of fats itself, so if you just dunk in whatever cheese in [amount] and the usual amount of butter you end up with mashed potatoes that honestly taste just fine, but end up a bit displeasingly "greasy" in texture.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Given the dough-like behaviour of it when mixed it's already picking up a lot of oil, if you add more then I would think it would disintegrate and form clumps.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

My Lovely Horse posted:

My phone let trying to feed me stories about some weird whipped instant coffee that supposedly everyone was making during lockdown. Seemed like some faddy bollocks but the algorithm really wanted me to see it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whipped instant coffee is literally a jail/prison recipe

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

HookedOnChthonics posted:

this channel is fantastic :allears:

that water sausage video is one of the best things I'm seen all year.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

a live 3d printing of :goku:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Randaconda posted:

whipped instant coffee is literally a jail/prison recipe

It was a big Korean thing for a bit.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Sulfuric acid and rusty nails, and an icecream sandwich?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Someone poo poo in your mason jar op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If you didn't tell me what this was supposed to be, I'd guess like some kind of shrimp or crab blorb.