Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/SJBsMama/status/1274175397337411586

Chris Avellone sexual predator, which loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
That's extremely unsurprising but it's gonna make a lot of nerds mad and Chris is definitely going to post up a storm about it on rpgcodex

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Completely unsurprising if true.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Considering his love for RPG Codex and the way he used them as his personal cheerleading squad on several occasions, I can't say I'm extremely surprised. It still sucks major rear end and will almost certainly create huge shitstorm, but that man was making clear he is an rear end in a top hat for quite a while.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Has there been any talks of FF7R pc version? Just started playing it on ps4 pro and the framerate at 30 is super annoying. FF games are so action heavy and fast paced I would prefer them to focus more on framerate, there isn't even the option to chose framerate over resolution like you normally have on pro. I will probably buy it instantly if it comes out, its a lot better than 15 so far in terms of gameplay and customization.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Ulio posted:

Has there been any talks of FF7R pc version? Just started playing it on ps4 pro and the framerate at 30 is super annoying. FF games are so action heavy and fast paced I would prefer them to focus more on framerate, there isn't even the option to chose framerate over resolution like you normally have on pro. I will probably buy it instantly if it comes out, its a lot better than 15 so far in terms of gameplay and customization.

i don't think this is true at all

Orv
May 4, 2011

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Depends on the FF and what you compare them to, to be fair.

To answer Ulio's original question, almost certainly but I wouldn't expect it for at least a year after the original PS4 release.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Ulio posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1204226705243561984

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://twitter.com/SJBsMama/status/1274175397337411586

Chris Avellone sexual predator, which loving sucks.

God drat it. Josh Sawyer is still a good guy, right?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Noones good

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

As far as I know, Danny DeVito and Patrick Stewart are still good. :ohdear:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Hylics releases in two days, if anyone remembers that weird looking rpg

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1286710/Hylics_2/

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

MMF Freeway posted:

That's extremely unsurprising but it's gonna make a lot of nerds mad and Chris is definitely going to post up a storm about it on rpgcodex

His rpgcodex meltdown was as clear a sign as any he had bought wholesale into the nerd-god mythos around himself and I am not remotely shocked he would do something like that.

Wasn't he also frequently getting drunk on livestream fundraisers and being a dick to people? Like not in a ~funny~ way but genuinely frustrating to the people around him trying to manage the donations and stream?

Can't think of anyone falling so far so fast in nerd lore in the last 5 years. Maybe the Star Citizen guy but I don't follow that enough to know what the current situation is.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 20, 2020

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Are these Origin games on Steam cross-buy? Like can I link my Origin account and download Titanfall 2 on Steam?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The last two have been very fast paced, try playing FFXV on consoles, there is no tearing but the framerate is all over the place because the combat has so many dashes.

March next year is not too far I guess for a 2nd replay, might be worth it if they make it as in depth as XV port.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

Are these Origin games on Steam cross-buy? Like can I link my Origin account and download Titanfall 2 on Steam?

Games no, DLC yes. If you re-buy say The Sims 4 on Steam it will enable any DLC you bought on Origin.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

GhostDog posted:

Thanks. The flags I don't care about tbh, but if it still has other issues I'll skip it.

However, looking for the original on GOG and not finding it made me realize that Commandos 2 had swastikas and the only reason I have it on Steam is because Steam sells the german version. GOG doesn't. I wonder if the technical issues I have are related to that, wouldn't be the first game where the german version didn't get all the updates the international versions got (still mad about Sleeping Dogs).

Yeah, sadly if you're in Germany you can't get it on GOG and I think the Steam version isn't updated either.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'd hope, he posts on here regularly.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Gears Tactics: mkb or gamepad?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Insert name here posted:

Just checked out the Regiments demo: It's got massive Wargame (the RTS series) vibes, but with a faster, more streamlined feel, along with a good measure of World in Conflict and a pinch of Company of Heroes thrown in (notably the retreat mechanic). I particularly enjoyed how infantry works, in that they all come with transports and are always considered one unit rather than separate infantry/transport units. This made loading/unloading infantry completely effortless rather than trying to deal with fiddly transport micro that seemingly exists in every single RTS ever.

Planned to be single player only though, if that's a deal-breaker for you.

Cool, I'll give it a look.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DatonKallandor posted:

Completely unsurprising if true.

Why?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

He's been a diva the past few years and airing his grievances with Obsidian on a Nazi RPG site. There's also been stuff coming out about how difficult it is to work with him.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's unsurprising because he's someone you don't like, who's also reputed to be difficult to work with? That automatically means he's a sex predator?

It always weirds me out a little when people say things like that. If you want to do heinous poo poo, you're apparently best off projecting a Mister Rogers persona.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

If you're someone who causes a lot of friction and controversy while hanging out with nazis, that's not honestly that far of a leap.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

He is bad thing, therefore he must be other bad thing, because the world is beep boop

I'm not defending Avellone, I've gotten tired of his antics years ago, I just don't like this logic/attitude.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

He is bad thing, therefore he must be other bad thing, because the world is beep boop

I'm not defending Avellone, I've gotten tired of his antics years ago, I just don't like this logic/attitude.

Nobody called him a sexual predator until that tweet happened. Its just given his lovely behaviour, it doesn't come as a huge shock because its another lovely thing to add to the pile of lovely things he did.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

just because i’m a nazi doesn’t mean i’m a sexual predator what an unfair accusation

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Made it to the last chapter of Demoncrawl and lol, I was not expecting the change in tone.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Can we please stop bashing people based on loving twitter posts by other people? Or derailing threads because of said posts.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
'Politics? In my video games?'

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
That's not it at all.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

'Don't judge the poor man because he was just being bashed on twitter by some rando' and 'Don't talk about the poor man in the games industry in this thread about videogames'. Just uh, replace poor man with alleged sexual predator and rando with potential victim.

Yes. Not talking about this is definitely the right choice. Totally.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I posted the tweet in here because I want people to be informed about this guy when they might buy his works in the future. This isn't to say that you can't buy his works - I'm getting Dying Light 2 myself whenever it drops because I loving loved Dying Light 1 and he's not the whole of the company - but being informed > not being informed.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

AbstractNapper posted:

Can we please stop bashing people based on loving twitter posts by other people? Or derailing threads because of said posts.

Chris Avellone is a sexual predator not surprising.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Nobody called him a sexual predator until that tweet happened. Its just given his lovely behaviour, it doesn't come as a huge shock because its another lovely thing to add to the pile of lovely things he did.

Hey don't lump in icewind Dale with sex crimes

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I knew it all along, it was extremely obvious, by complete coincidence I just never mentioned or speculated or alluded to it until he was publicly accused

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

StrixNebulosa posted:

I posted the tweet in here because I want people to be informed about this guy when they might buy his works in the future. This isn't to say that you can't buy his works - I'm getting Dying Light 2 myself whenever it drops because I loving loved Dying Light 1 and he's not the whole of the company - but being informed > not being informed.

This is a super reasonable thing to do.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Phlegmish posted:

I knew it all along, it was extremely obvious, by complete coincidence I just never mentioned or speculated or alluded to it until he was publicly accused

It's completely unsurprising that a man in a position of power and with a cult of personality is a sexual predator and if you find this strange you need to crawl back under your rock and just stop posting.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

This is the first time I'm hearing about this so I'm glad it was posted in here

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Time to grab a pitchfork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Not even 1 page and the "well it's just one women's story why should believe her" are out in force like this is a Biden thread.