Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nodosaur posted:

I’m confused. Is getting Apricorn balls from the Cramorant robot completely random or does color matter at all? Like if I lead with a Red Apricorn is there a chance I’ll get a red colored ball? Can it give you balls that you can buy over the counter? I’m too anxious to try myself.

Color does matter, and yes it can(and mostly does) give buyable balls. Serebii’s Cramomatic page explains it in the 2nd section.

So for example if you put in 4 Blue Apricorns(or 3 Blue and 1 other color) you’ll mostly get Poke/Great/Ultra balls, some Dive and Net balls, rarely a Lure ball, and very very rarely a Safari or Sport ball.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

We need more pokemon in top hats. I think this is a given.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

RatHat posted:

Color does matter, and yes it can(and mostly does) give buyable balls. Serebii’s Cramomatic page explains it in the 2nd section.

So for example if you put in 4 Blue Apricorns(or 3 Blue and 1 other color) you’ll mostly get Poke/Great/Ultra balls, some Dive and Net balls, rarely a Lure ball, and very very rarely a Safari or Sport ball.

Thanks.

In other news I managed to hatch a 6 IV Libero Scorbunny with High Jump Kick and Sucker Punch. Obviously Pyro Ball will be move #3, but I’m not sure what to put for the fourth move. Any suggestions?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

Thanks.

In other news I managed to hatch a 6 IV Libero Scorbunny with High Jump Kick and Sucker Punch. Obviously Pyro Ball will be move #3, but I’m not sure what to put for the fourth move. Any suggestions?

Court change is pretty good.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i can't believe they made every pokemon coldsteel the hedgehog in the dlc

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Sent my Scyther over to a guy to see if he’d mail it back and instead he logged off...

my son...

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

^burtle posted:

Sent my Scyther over to a guy to see if he’d mail it back and instead he logged off...

my son...

If you want i'm currently breeding them up, I can send you one of my many 5IV ones :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FYI digging pa:

Never tell him to stop there is no downside to keep going. I messed up a really good run thinking he was like the shovel girl

7 armorite for watts isn’t bad if you use watts to but wishing pieces - raids give you 1-3 armorite depending on what ranking they are and if you’re doing them anyway you more than break even

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nodosaur posted:

Thanks.

Actually a lot of people don’t use Pyro Ball! I personally do but Libero means you can use whatever you want. Iron Head is good because steel type resists so much and Max Steelspike is great, and fairy is extremely common. Bounce is good because max airstream is good against fighting and makes you outspeed so much stuff, but it’s not good outside of dynamax

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

So fun little tidbit, if you're doing a raid on the Armor Isle by yourself, there's a chance one of the NPCs that joins you will be Klara or one of the karate students (I assume the Psychic boy can join you if you got Shield)

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Never tell him to stop there is no downside to keep going. I messed up a really good run thinking he was like the shovel girl

Is there any benefit to asking any of the diggers to stop when they ask? It’s not as if they can lose the items they already dug up...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Zaroff posted:

Is there any benefit to asking any of the diggers to stop when they ask? It’s not as if they can lose the items they already dug up...

Actually Digging Ma can lose all the items she gathered if her shovel breaks twice. Not sure if there’s any danger with Pa though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

They must have set a goal to put down 151 digletts and ran out of clever places to put them cause there's like usually clusters of them a meter apart in the fields.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There's one where it's 2 digletts and a dugtrio, counting for 5 in total lol

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Golden Goat posted:

They must have set a goal to put down 151 digletts and ran out of clever places to put them cause there's like usually clusters of them a meter apart in the fields.

151 is a sacred number and it must be used mindlessly and at all costs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The fact that made the wild area so much more ocmplex geographically with actually little zones instead of a big open field is cool and good.

What sucks is that they stuck with their lovely town map that just says "Hmmm yeah you're kind of in this general are" so now there's a whole new zone with interconnecting parts and you can get spun around really easily and you can't even tell which way is loving north cause they didn't even think about how their lovely map system would work for something that wasn't the base games boring simple routes.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The fact that made the wild area so much more ocmplex geographically with actually little zones instead of a big open field is cool and good.

What sucks is that they stuck with their lovely town map that just says "Hmmm yeah you're kind of in this general are" so now there's a whole new zone with interconnecting parts and you can get spun around really easily and you can't even tell which way is loving north cause they didn't even think about how their lovely map system would work for something that wasn't the base games boring simple routes.

Trying to find islands in the sea is a bit of a nightmare.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So out of curiosity, what is the reward for finding all 151 Diglett?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Larryb posted:

A diglett.

I’m not joking.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Larryb posted:

Allegedly, another Diglett.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Larryb posted:

Alolan diglett with a special ability.

I'm not hardcore enough to care about abilities for the most part so I don't remember what it is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The actual reward is the pokemon you get every 10 or so diglett. They’re all 3 IV with their hidden ability. The slowpoke you get comes with a King’s Rock.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So are Alolan Pokemon the only things you get from that particular side quest then? Because I’m probably gonna pass on it in that case (unless there’s a particularly good one you can get from it that is).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Nth Doctor posted:

Trying to find islands in the sea is a bit of a nightmare.

The misty forest is the worst because all the paths look the same cause the texture work is so loving muddy so you walk in, see a berry tree and try and rotate through a winding path to get to it and then you're lost like loving Hansel and Gretle.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m kinda annoyed the diglett pokemon have their HA because I just went and found 50 hoping the Alolan Marowak had Lighting Rod so I could use it for Zeraora raids

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

It’s not as hard to orient yourself in the regular wild area because you can always see the cities in the distance. But this area doesn’t have that, which makes it very easy to get turned around. A mini map that you fill in as you explore would be great, but I would settle for just a compass.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Nessa posted:

It’s not as hard to orient yourself in the regular wild area because you can always see the cities in the distance. But this area doesn’t have that, which makes it very easy to get turned around. A mini map that you fill in as you explore would be great, but I would settle for just a compass.

It also helps that the Wild Zone is like 100% a very big open hallway so you can always see basically the whole zone in relation to itself, but over half of Isle of Armor is open ocean where you just get lost or tight corridors with walls so you never really get a sense of where this particular forest pathway is in relation to anything.

Even just a compass would band-aid this but they didn't even think about that!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m kinda annoyed the diglett pokemon have their HA because I just went and found 50 hoping the Alolan Marowak had Lighting Rod so I could use it for Zeraora raids

Don’t accidentally get a shiny raid. Shiny Zeraora loving bodied my lightning rod Marowak immediately with non electric moves.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Open Marriage Night posted:

Don’t accidentally get a shiny raid. Shiny Zeraora loving bodied my lightning rod Marowak immediately with non electric moves.

I just went back to Let’s Go for a alolan marowak which i just moved and leveled up for raids. Can’t wait to have this happen! Of course now that I opened a raid no one is joining.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Not too fond of being constantly chased by Sharpedo in the waters, no time to explore the oceans, you'd better be flying across at top speed.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
It is possible to avoid sharpedos by performing an extremely tight circle a few yards before it touches you, but it’s annoying and stressful as hell. I need to go find a seadra for my isle dex but the thought of dodging all those rear end in a top hat sharks really puts a damper on that.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

QuietLion posted:

It is possible to avoid sharpedos by performing an extremely tight circle a few yards before it touches you, but it’s annoying and stressful as hell. I need to go find a seadra for my isle dex but the thought of dodging all those rear end in a top hat sharks really puts a damper on that.

The game really needs some kind of 'Field Repel' that suppresses overworld spawns, but still lets you get random encounters in the grass.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

I kind of want a Pokemon game whose map is one single city with wild pokemon hanging around everywhere like in Detective Pikachu with maybe a storyline that isn't focused on being league champion per se. I'm sad Pokemon Colliseum series died because it would've been a cool thing to do under that umbrella.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I kind of want a Pokemon game whose map is one single city with wild pokemon hanging around everywhere like in Detective Pikachu with maybe a storyline that isn't focused on being league champion per se. I'm sad Pokemon Colliseum series died because it would've been a cool thing to do under that umbrella.

boy do i have the fangame for you

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It’s kinda funny that at the end of the day, if that datamine is correct, all Pokémon will be available in SwSh

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

It also helps that the Wild Zone is like 100% a very big open hallway so you can always see basically the whole zone in relation to itself, but over half of Isle of Armor is open ocean where you just get lost or tight corridors with walls so you never really get a sense of where this particular forest pathway is in relation to anything.

Even just a compass would band-aid this but they didn't even think about that!

Exactly!

They really didn’t think through how valuable a proper map or a compass would be, and how frustrating it would be without one. All open world games have these features and they clearly didn’t think about that before they implemented it. I spent ages in that forest trying to find a cave entrance, only to eventually give up and find the cave entrance elsewhere.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

Oh yeah that destroyed the whole party and I was using a lv 100 Mewtwo

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

It’s kinda funny that at the end of the day, if that datamine is correct, all Pokémon will be available in SwSh

Dexit really didn't bother me that much because I never mess around with gen transfers amd don't play competitive so for me if a pokemon isn't in the regional dex it effwctively does not exist in that game and its data and dex entry is just there to taunt me so I was probably the one dude actually satisfied with just having a loving huge rear end regional dex. That this is going to end up being the gen where I can have almost any team I want in-game is amazing. Now if only the region itself was loving worth a drat.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

Taking their GATTDAMN time with that. Also the lying beforehand about it seems extra scummy now. And I do mean the fervent denial that all pokemon would be added to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m going through the game again on a 2nd profile so I can get a 2nd bear for my live dex and holy poo poo even with the “skip movies” option the intro is endless.