Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

CommieGIR posted:

I've actually used these, its often used for grabbing an active computer for forensics.

Oh so you've worked with mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

So that's why my new desktop tower hasn't arrived yet.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

LifeSunDeath posted:

One more question, is that an old Porsche pulling it? lol

Old Porsche and a hot tub?

You just know that is an old couple who are into swinging. I hope the cops wore gloves.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Moo the cow posted:

Old Porsche and a hot tub?

You just know that is an old couple who are into swinging. I hope the cops wore gloves.

They bring the hottub to the swinger party...pretty smart thinking tbh.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Bonus PPE check:

All Day I Dream About Safety

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

Source4Leko posted:

Lol I just noticed it isn't even strapped to the dolly.

Jabor posted:

Nope! The carstub just rest on top and the weight of the cartub is what keeps them there.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Po'sha IV: ignore the hand cart.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 20, 2020

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

All Day I Dream About Safety

It's a got a bump cap insert so it counts.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Platystemon posted:

U.S. mains plugs are trash, which provides the opportunity to expose the energised blades and do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erq4TO_a3z8&t=218s

The whole thing is pretty OSHA with exposed conductors at mains voltage, and it’s worse in the other demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G8sEYCOv-o

They may be trash, but at least they don't use ring mains.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Platystemon posted:

U.S. mains plugs are trash, which provides the opportunity to expose the energised blades and do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erq4TO_a3z8&t=218s

The whole thing is pretty OSHA with exposed conductors at mains voltage, and it’s worse in the other demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G8sEYCOv-o

at least US mains plugs don't outweigh the device they're powering, or turn into caltrops when they're on the ground

and even in the UK you can still find a way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvOTiQKkQMo

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Brits: UK plugs are the best for safety! I can't believe you Yanks keep using such a dangerous system!

Also Brits: NO DON'T DRINK THE HOT WATER WHAT ARE YOU STUPID THERE'S RATS AND poo poo IN IT!!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They have rats in their hot water?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Memento posted:

"The entire security system relies on that plug, we can't pull it out to fix the socket"

not much of a security system if it can be taken out by a single tripped breaker

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cojawfee posted:

They have rats in their hot water?

https://www.water.org.uk/advice-for-customers/water-and-health/

Can I drink warm water directly from the hot tap? posted:

You should avoid using hot water for drinking or cooking because it often comes from a storage tank within the home and is not as fresh as water directly from the mains.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is that different from the water heaters we have in the US?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Cojawfee posted:

Is that different from the water heaters we have in the US?
They were traditionally open topped without a strong mandate to replace once we got pressure vessels we could trust in randos homes. This has lived on in cultural memory (if not there still being open topped water heaters left to this day) and all the olds are absolutely convinced its still a hot rat water tap and mixer taps are very dangerous tools of foreigners.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
......is this like how washing used to 'spread the plague'?

EDIT: oh nvm answered above

hot rat water fears is a new one

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

zedprime posted:

They were traditionally open topped without a strong mandate to replace once we got pressure vessels we could trust in randos homes. This has lived on in cultural memory (if not there still being open topped water heaters left to this day) and all the olds are absolutely convinced its still a hot rat water tap and mixer taps are very dangerous tools of foreigners.

oh poo poo is this why they have 2 taps? lol, and still have 2 taps because...it's the british thing to do.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

All British plugs also have fuses inside them (part of why they're so huge), and Brits like to claim that this makes them safer than other countries' designs.

It's actually because British houses are wired in a cheap lovely way that is more prone to having your house burn down.

American plugs are better than British ones, but they aren't ideal. French outlets are, strangely, the best-engineered design in the world.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
don't worry they're solving the water with electricity.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

American plugs are better than British ones, but they aren't ideal.

American plugs are a tiny step up from the wires twisted together and poked into a wall socket like third world building sites.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The french plugs seem nice in that they seem to be recessed, so you can't accidentally drop a coin and have it fall on exposed prongs like you can with a US outlet. but why is the ground terminal poking out like that?

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Sagebrush posted:

All British plugs also have fuses inside them (part of why they're so huge), and Brits like to claim that this makes them safer than other countries' designs.

It's actually because British houses are wired in a cheap lovely way that is more prone to having your house burn down.

American plugs are better than British ones, but they aren't ideal. French outlets are, strangely, the best-engineered design in the world.

The American electrical system is the Eazybake Oven of home electricity: 110v is about as powerful as a balloon rubbed on a sweater.

FFS, you can't even boil a kettle of water quicker than it evaporates away.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh don't worry we're catching up by just not having clean drinking water at all.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Y'all motherfuckers need Schuko.

e: RE: boiling water https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EViyccc2t9w

Antigravitas fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 20, 2020

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yes, it looks like a 968.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Sagebrush posted:

French outlets are, strangely, the best-engineered design in the world.
False.

With this simple Schutzkontaktsteckdose you have 2 ways to plug in the cable if you need the cable to go the other way.

Cojawfee posted:

The french plugs seem nice in that they seem to be recessed, so you can't accidentally drop a coin and have it fall on exposed prongs like you can with a US outlet. but why is the ground terminal poking out like that?
To make the first connection to your device the ground. The Schutzkontaktsteckdose does it with prongs.

^^Antigravitas :argh:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

drgitlin posted:

Yes, it looks like a 968.

Looked it up and you can turn your 968 into a Ute.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

Looked it up and you can turn your 968 into a Ute.

Tools required:

- medium-sized rock
- vacuum cleaner (optional)

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

RabbitWizard posted:

False.

With this simple Schutzkontaktsteckdose you have 2 ways to plug in the cable if you need the cable to go the other way.

To make the first connection to your device the ground. The Schutzkontaktsteckdose does it with prongs.

^^Antigravitas :argh:

quote:

Less safely, Schuko plugs can be inserted into many two-pin unearthed CEE 7/1 sockets and into some sockets with a different form of earth connection that will not mate with the earth contacts on the Schuko plug (e.g., some variants of the Danish socket). Many such sockets also lack the cavity required to prevent users from touching the pins whilst inserting the plug.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Always the Danes ruining things :argh:

Don't be fooled by their smiley face sockets, they are a sinister bunch.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Love the name Shucko

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

DOINK!

https://i.imgur.com/Nw2wgb0.mp4

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Moo the cow posted:

The American electrical system is the Eazybake Oven of home electricity: 110v is about as powerful as a balloon rubbed on a sweater.

FFS, you can't even boil a kettle of water quicker than it evaporates away.

I was just thinking this morning as I waited for the kettle to boil how difficult would be to acquire a British hot water heater and then wire an appropriate plug in my kitchen.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Don't electric stoves run on 220v in the US? They got them big rear end plugs.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

It would be funny if even their ovens had wimpy electricity. :classiclol:

400V three-phase is standard in Germany.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Don't electric stoves run on 220v in the US? They got them big rear end plugs.

Yeah you can get god's own 240 on an american split phase system by going hot to hot instead of hot to neutral.

That said, the trick with our wimpy power is to use something like a Zojirushi boiler that holds the water at 195°F instead of warming it up from cold every time.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Antigravitas posted:

It would be funny if even their ovens had wimpy electricity. :classiclol:

400V three-phase is standard in Germany.

Germans and their ovens...

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Ugh, these mentions about phases are giving me flashbacks to circuits courses in college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jet Jaguar posted:

I was just thinking this morning as I waited for the kettle to boil how difficult would be to acquire a British hot water heater and then wire an appropriate plug in my kitchen.

this is a real thing and it will work as desired assuming your house is wired normally.