Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

NumbersMatching320 posted:

E21 stuff is hilarious, 1/3 of it is NLA from anyone since the 90s (lol dreading the day my hazard switch dies), 1/3 of it is euro-parts-bin jellybean stuff common to 19 Volvos, 6 VWs and a 1 year only Citroen and 1/3 of it including the sheet metal is 'dealer only but it's cheaper than I'd expect to pay at NAPA'

There's a few hoarders of e21 stuff that helps a little but mine just keeps getting more mix & match as things break. When your hazard fails, not if, stick a toothpick in it. Mine failed at a BMW meet in the mountains a couple years ago and has been 'fixed' by a toothpick holding it in since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

EvilBeard posted:

Looks like mice made a nest out of the hood insulation to me.

This.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

ThirstyBuck posted:

I drove it for the first time in a couple months and found a buddy at the store.

Does anyone else see a picture of the hot girl from high school, then when she got fat?
To be clear, I like the squarish E36.

taqueso posted:

foam that is deteriorating

No sir, that's a critter making a nest.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Holyfuckshit

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

That poo poo is BLUE

new wheels, already looks way better. Midnight blue wrap on July 6th :getin:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Insanely good

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Gigi Galli posted:

Insanely good

did that wagon come with fender flares because lol if so thats badass

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Scionix posted:

did that wagon come with fender flares because lol if so thats badass

Pretty sure that's an S6 Avant and yeah those flares are OEM.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 19, 2020

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That is a RS2 Avant :v:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BlackMK4 posted:

That is a RS2 Avant :v:

ok so it's even better!!!!!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cool!!!!!

Nice shaped head too. Keep it up

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

:cumpolice:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

my monitor ran out of blue photons after displaying that

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Scionix posted:

That poo poo is BLUE

That is indeed a lovely blue, and lots of it.

taqueso posted:

my monitor ran out of blue photons after displaying that

Pretty much.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Car wrapped in PPF and ceramic coated.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

JFC. Alright, what's the deal with the color scheme? You said it wasn't available?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Oh I just meant its not a current model color. They only did the gray for the first year I think?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TenaciousTomato posted:

Here's my 1-year-old (to me) B9 A4 in Gotland green:

First mod was an 034 Intake, followed by 034 transmission mount insert, OEM Black Optic grille, OEM Black Optic rear badging, 2.0T badge removal, and vinyl wrapping the window trim black.

Latest mods are 034 subframe mount inserts, Unitronic Stage 1+ tune, Vorsteiner 19" VFF-103s in Graphite, ABT Height Adjustable Suspension (she needs to go back in to get lowered some more), and '21 OEM RS aluminum paddles. I also vinyled the front chrome fog inserts black to match the rest of the exterior trim. On the fence about adding in black optic front rings.

Extremely happy with it thus far!

Further confirmation that my next car will be in some sort of British Racing Green variant

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Digital_Jesus posted:

Oh I just meant its not a current model color. They only did the gray for the first year I think?

The gray is great. The white stripes are great. The black pencil stripes are over the top great.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

holy poo poo... RS..2? That is amazing. Is that Nogaro blue? And is it really the first RS model Audi ever made?

Shrapnig posted:

Further confirmation that my next car will be in some sort of British Racing Green variant

You can't go wrong!

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14v5Im-PPH0 I should’ve done a burnout

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

always do burnouts.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I hope the laptop is a permanent fixture and it randomly flashes up DANGER TO MANIFOLD once in a while.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

This looks fun as hell, but are the flats absolutely pristine? As in, whats the risk of hitting a "pot hole" at speed when loving around on the flats?

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
Thanks for all the kind comments :)

TenaciousTomato posted:

holy poo poo... RS..2? That is amazing. Is that Nogaro blue? And is it really the first RS model Audi ever made?

It's a RS2, the first RS model from Audi. Nogaroblau is correct, lovely colour!

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Linux Nazi posted:

This looks fun as hell, but are the flats absolutely pristine? As in, whats the risk of hitting a "pot hole" at speed when loving around on the flats?

You definitely want to scout it out before driving. There are areas where the salt is thin and it’s very easy to get stuck in the mud underneath but those seem to be pretty easy to spot.

For the races I know they will grade the course to remove any imperfections. It was definitely bumpier than I expected which is why I didn’t go much over 100, but I didn’t see any serious gouges or anything.

A few weeks ago I saw where some people were driving at night and plowed into a berm at high speed. You definitely want to be careful!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I like that car. Definitely would daily, if the AC is functional.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

birdbath

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

:golfclap:

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

That's a Thunderbird, isn't it?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

MrOnBicycle posted:

That's a Thunderbird, isn't it?

A Thunderbird Super-Coupe, even. Factory Eaton supercharged 3.8L V6.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

Darchangel posted:

That's the one. She's long in the tooth for sure but she feels pretty strong and responsive.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

Darchangel posted:

I like that car. Definitely would daily, if the AC is functional.

“Soon” I’m having some issues having a discharge hose made with the necessary ac pressure sensor the gm ecu needs to see. Will probably replace the compressor and condenser/expansion valve and drier at the same time. Car is a good bit quieter now, video was before I had the exhaust made

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Dat chop tho. :allears:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

It has been nearly three months since I have posted a picture of my big dumb ToyotaLexus. Here are a couple of photos I have taken with a real camera I am trying to figure out how to use.

I have played in the mountains on some forest access roads. I quite like how this pic turned out.

hunting cool places for future camping

and visiting very strange places like a the tiniest mining town that is still inhabited.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Darchangel posted:

Admiral Bosch posted:

That's the one. She's long in the tooth for sure but she feels pretty strong and responsive.

I like the look of them. How are they to drive compared to say, a Mustang of the same era?

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
I sadly couldn't tell you. I've never driven one. These were on their own platform with independent rear suspension and front and rear discs, so I'd imagine they're another level of comfort over the same era of Fox bodies. I don't know for sure how the SC engine stacks up to, say, that years 5.0, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I've always liked those T-birds/Cougars of that gen but prefer the styling of the notchback Cougar. Like the idea of one as a highway cruiser.

There is actually a Supercharged XR7 with under 10K KMs, but the guy is asking a hefty $$ for it. One of those cars that is fairly rare now, but I wouldn't exactly call valuable.