Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
So worth it to keep watching, cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the scene where the achiga crew meets saki and they freak out because she radiates incredible mahjong energy... and then scene in season 3 where you see the same thing from sakis pov and her mahjong senses are also tingling

very powerful moment of game recognizing game

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SeXReX posted:

anyway back to funny things generated by the AI that doesn't know what a black people is
https://twitter.com/davemakes/status/1274291405410598913

That thing's definitely going to be used to identify protesters in the immediate future so I would recommend against giving it more data.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Endorph posted:

The show? The first half of season 1 is decent, the second half of season 1 is absolutely dire, the first half of season 2 is okay, the second half is season 2 is good, the movie's really good minus one plot hiccup that's easy to forgive, season 3 is good but goes on a bit too long and doesn't do as much with its ideas as it could.

The games? They vary, hollow fragment was a decent grinding game if you wanted to turn your brain off but lost song was incredibly bad and the gun gale online game was the definition of mediocre. Lycoris looks like it'll be closer to Hollow Fragment so it might be decent.

SAO is interesting for one episode and then it immediately drops the ball and constantly sinks lower all the time.

The spin-off is good, mainly because it was written by someone else.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

That thing's definitely going to be used to identify protesters in the immediate future so I would recommend against giving it more data.
people are uploading mario sprites into it and it runs out of a google colab so im not even sure it's capable of saving what you feed into it in the first place

I hope they catch mario, he's a bad hombre

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I'm no facial recognition AI expert but from my understanding all the useful data it would use to recognise someone is already part of it

Also they already have way better tools for doing that they bought from Bezos

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this one doesn't even believe that black people exist

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Has everyone rewatched the Mario Bros movie lately?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
police baffled as every protester is identified by AI to be Sonic the Hedgehog

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

police baffled as every protester is identified by AI to be Sonic the Hedgehog

only one blue life matters

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I watched Sword Art Online, and I didn't think it was very good, but I also couldn't stop watching it. I'm a sucker for the virtual world gimmick though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SeXReX posted:

anyway back to funny things generated by the AI that doesn't know what a black people is
https://twitter.com/davemakes/status/1274291405410598913

I should play Monkey Island again :thunk:

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
the hunk of meat from monkey island always looked weirdly delicious do NOT reply to this implying that I mean Guybrush

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
I couldn't get in to the FF7 Remake as I guess I just wasn't ready for a long rpg when it came out so I've been playing a bunch of smaller games since then. For some reason all of a sudden I have a strange desire to play Middle-Earth: Shadow of War. I enjoyed the first game quite a bit when it came out but the sequel seemed to get meddling reviews at launch.

... Should I play it?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think Shadow of War was longer than FF7R.

Edit: At least it definitely was when you had to play 100 endgame battles to see the True Ending, I think they might have changed that

May 8, 2006

SoW is a perfectly fine open world game so if you're feeling the urge to stealth kill orcs and climb towers, cool, but I don't think it offers more than that

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

the hunk of meat from monkey island always looked weirdly delicious do NOT reply to this implying that I mean Guybrush

Monkey Island 1 rules

I remember as a kid buying the Lucasarts collections, which is what got me super into point-and-click adventure games.

Like you don't know how nerd defining these 2 collections were for me when I was young. Just incredible pickups for a kid.

It's also where I got my handle from! The Ad Infinitum siphons from Afterlife

May 8, 2006

yeah loom and MI 1 were among the first pc games i played, along with Wolf3D

May 8, 2006

imagine liking Sierra trash when all these games existed

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

my definitive formative gaming was all thanks to a combination of my my grandpa having Wolfenstein 3D on his computer we got when he passed (must have wanted to relive the glory days of Nazi shootin) and a bootleg as gently caress "apogee's greatest hits" CD that was just a launcher for all the shareware versions that my mom must have paid way too much for.

May 8, 2006

playing the shareware version of cosmo's cosmic adventure over and over

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Relax Or DIE posted:

Kings Quest was all we had :smith:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

homeless snail posted:

the scene where the achiga crew meets saki and they freak out because she radiates incredible mahjong energy... and then scene in season 3 where you see the same thing from sakis pov and her mahjong senses are also tingling

very powerful moment of game recognizing game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

Counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrFcWcRmjec

I somehow had that and Legend of Kyrandia as a kid. Can't remember how I picked them up.
Could never get past the desert as a kid in King's Quest :v:

May 8, 2006

yeah i had kings quest V as a kid, and at some point a space quest collection but i never made it that far in them

also betrayal at krondor

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Sense Gnomes gave me nightmares as a kid. That one with the giant hands especially.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VKSbRJRy9o

E: I can't spell Gnomes apparently?

hatty fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 21, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kinda want to play Anodyne 2 now

https://twitter.com/even_kei/status/1274435130266804225
https://twitter.com/even_kei/status/1272029914074615810

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Relax Or DIE posted:

playing the shareware version of cosmo's cosmic adventure over and over

Keen4 absolutely FUCKS

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

it's an old flash game but the game I always recommended to people years ago was gamedesign mahjong, because it's single player and has a big list of yaku on the same page.

single player is better to learn with because multiplayer mahjong always has strict turn timers to keep it moving and it can be stressful to evaluate cuts. so any single player mahjong game is probably fine, clubhouse games on switch, yakuza (the translation of stuff in the yakuza games is not consistent with how most riichi games are translated though). people like kemono mahjong but I haven't played it

when you get to multiplayer stuff, mahjong soul right now is what everyone plays

I thought about picking up clubhouse 51 or whatever so I could clown people online

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hatty posted:

The Sense Gnoses gave me nightmares as a kid. That one with the giant hands especially.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VKSbRJRy9o

:stare: Powerfully cursed video

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Middle Earth: Shadow of War and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain are my favorite two games about fascists eating themselves.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The gently caress is this saying

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Here thread, have something that had I used a computer would have looked better and taken me substantially less time to make.

I'm still happy with it considering I made it using my cell phone.

Edit: Had the wrong picture the first time.

May 8, 2006

hatty posted:

The Sense Gnomes gave me nightmares as a kid. That one with the giant hands especially.

i'm glad you got over it, especially considering that gnome caresses your face while you sleep

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Roach Warehouse posted:

Middle Earth: Shadow of War and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain are my favorite two games about fascists eating themselves.

MGSV is like my fav sandbox game, and I'm bummed Kojima doesn't have access to the license anymore now that he can go Full Kojima.

Would love to see what that dude would do with a MGSVI

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How is everybodies Sunday/Saturday?

I am spending mine watching a 2 hr tutorial playthrough of a boardgame I'll be playing next weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6yxQ5bORnY

Also I know I said I'd do a mini-write up of games I've played recently.. it's just that I'm basically just a walking head cold atm and don't have the energy for it :v:
(Also I suck)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

The gently caress is this saying

AAA bad indie good because capitalism, I think

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
We did some shopping to get new pots and pans since we needed more.

Other than that, we didn't do too much.

I got a game in the mail though, it was something I'd ordered a while back but it was coming in from France so the pandemic delayed it a lot. The game is called Light Hunters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsZrnxmK8II

I really like the artwork.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OH! That reminds me!

https://twitter.com/BoardGameGeek/status/1273748364526567424

There's a free print and play version of Pandemic Hot Zone North America out!

It's basically a mini-version of Pandemic you can play in 30min. It's really good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

AAA bad indie good because capitalism, I think

I mean yeah