Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

seriously poo poo is like catnip to me, persona 4 is probably my favorite in the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7lj9qI8VFc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YH3o2pf-Bc

I hadn't watched the MGS1-4 recap but really wish they'd add MGS 5 and Revengence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

they did peace walker i think

i do love the hiimdaisy style

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Icon Of Sin posted:

What can you do as a team/with a buddy in NMS that you can’t do on your own? Is there trading, bringing newbies up to speed quick, more ships, etc? Could 4 of us just utterly dunk on a few poor scrubs in a random system?

You can talk in-game and share resources, but unless they updated it recently you don't even get the same weather. I played with my friend and had clear skies, but in his game he was getting acid rain.

Pubbies are glowing balls of light, and I never saw anyone else unless I was doing game events. You can see their bases though, and reddit can give you a stargate location to some big city they developed. I stopped playing after 12 hours in the much better patched version and got a few hours in at launch. Not sure why I stopped, I think I got bored.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

GD_American posted:

holy gently caress this shipbreaking game is incredible

if it added store brand menthols and coworkers trying to make each other cry I'd feel like I was back in the shipyard

It's great and I love it, totally will suck your day away in 15 minute chunks though

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Also now that I've figured out how to take apart the larger ships reliably, I'm trying to optimize the process as much as possible.

1. Rip the sensor tower off the top while approaching the ship and hurl it into the barge, do a one handed grab on the hull with magnetic gloves in order to slow down from nearly full speed and then grapple next to the airlock, open the lock, go inside and hit my scanner to check which compartments are pressurized.

2. Go to the aft end of the passenger compartment and open the hatch to the maintenance area and ensure the door to the crawl space is open and then open up the forward passenger space. Depressurize the passenger space and the crawlspace, then punch through the door to the radio room and cockpit (make sure you're hanging on to something when you do this, as it will blow out in your face).

3. Once you've depressurized the entire inner hull, flip your scanner to pickup mode, look for the key to defuel the thrusters, insert it in the engineering panel in the reactor room, then go into the crawlspace and cut all 4 engine nacelles free. If the key cannot be found, you will need to manually release the thrusters from inside the crawlspace and pray they don't explode in your face due to being pressurized with fuel.

4. Tether the nacelles into the barge 2 at a time, then go around to the aft end of the ship from the outside, and pop the thrusters free, usually you can get all thrusters free before you run out of time in shift 1. If you still have time, go back in the hull and start cutting through the keel, and then spend the next couple shifts hauling armor plates into the recycler.

5. Then pull the reactor out, then the ECU, and finally electronic panels and mechanical systems or any other remaining worklog things.

E: while you're depressurizing the ship, pay attention to what is in the cargo holds. I had a pressurized cargo hold with 2 fuel barrels and a coolant barrel, if I'd cut the cargo door while the passenger compartment was depressurized I would have blown the entire back half of the ship off, as the barrels would have hit the ECU and blown it up, along with potentially starting an explosive chain reaction in the aft end of the ship that would have taken out the reactor.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 18, 2020

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Friend, you have violated the Lynx terms of service by attempting to unionize.

sir i dont know what are you talking about, just because the internationale is playing on public radio frequencies it doesnt mean it was me

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Glanced at the system requirements for Shipbreaker, seemed good, bought it. About 5 minutes later, a dim alarm started going off in the back of my brain, but I couldn't immediately figure out why. The GPU, maybe? It's been the biggest weak point in my system. But the store page says it only needs a GTX 770, and I've got a GTX 950. Bigger number = better, right?

The short version of the rest is that I came to terms with the fact that I'm still an idiot, albeit now a slightly poorer one with a 1650 Super and better power supply in the mail, and now I own Doom Eternal, too.

PSA for the one other person that didn't know: Don't buy a graphics card right now, unless you've got poor impulse control and a penchant for snacking on paint chips (like me), or know someone that can hook you up with a lifelong friends deal (also like me). Next gen cards are dropping this year, so buying options should be better than $Texas for Etherium rig castoffs soonish.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1273647385294626816?s=20

Cyberpunk 2077 is delayed until Nov. 19.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

y’all protesting TLOU II or what?

Just expected a bit more buzz here I guess. I didn’t realize it was coming out so soon.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Just expected a bit more buzz here I guess. I didn’t realize it was coming out so soon.

We mostly PLAY video games in here friend.

Actually I lied, I don’t even have time to do that anymore.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Just got back to Doom: Eternal after somehow not touching it for 2 months. Game still owns bones (lots of broken ones :getin: )

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I'm gonna play it but I think I'm gonna wait a bit to do so. The reviews making it sound darker and more depressing than the first one certainly didn't make me want to play it right away.

Also lol at some dude calling it the Schindler's List of videos games.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

:lol:

I wonder if I can bet against it coming out this year on one of those gambling apps I keep seeing commercials for recently.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I am preloading TLOU2 rn

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/_ant7311/status/1273779530889490433?s=19

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I’m gonna play the gently caress out of the warehouse level in pro skater

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

:same:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

THPS on the Dreamcast is probably the best “turn your brain off for several hours” game I’ve ever played in my life.

I’m not sure of a better stoner game.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Woofer posted:

THPS on the Dreamcast is probably the best “turn your brain off for several hours” game I’ve ever played in my life.

Nights into Dreams on Sega Saturn, though admittedly is much more of a get-hosed-up-and-be-entranced game

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

wait is it coming out again or something

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Woofer posted:

lol i totally forgot that was even on Dreamcast

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

wait is it coming out again or something

1 & 2 are being remastered for PC/PS4/Bone

quote:

Neversoft, the developer behind the original Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games, was shut down by Activision in 2014 after they were taken off both the Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero series. As such, that studio couldn't handle this remaster. Thankfully, it's still in good hands as Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 is being developed by Vicarious Visions.

This developer not only has experience with remakes like Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy but the Tony Hawk series as well. Vicarious Visions actually made a name for themselves with Game Boy Advance ports of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and 3, which were received surprisingly well. Of course, the game is being published by Activision, who has always handled the series through its ups and downs.

So far, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 has only been confirmed for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. On PC, it will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store at launch, so Steam or GOG users are out of luck. The game is coming out before next-gen consoles are intended to launch, so it makes sense that it wouldn't be available on them at first. It remains to be seen if the game is ported to PS5 or Xbox Series X, or simply becomes backward compatible.

The day it was announced, Activision confirmed that Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 would be released on September 4, 2020.

Not sure if there’s any possible delays because of corona

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 19, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

they remastered 1/2 on ps3/360 and it sucked loving balls

dreamcast was def the best version of 1/2, just looked so goddamn good

also i grabbed whats prolly the best Dreamcast emulator ive ever found. No bullshit, 4k upscaling which looks insane, control mapping is stupid easy and it supposedly supports netplay

http://reicast.com/

it's $5 to unlock resolution options, free to try. I've hosed with nullDC for years among others and it's like 5 years of emulation development all at on e

GD_American posted:

Nights into Dreams on Sega Saturn, though admittedly is much more of a get-hosed-up-and-be-entranced game

NiGHTS and Christmas NiGHTS ruled hard, but if you didnt have the saturn 3d controller you would wreck your thumb

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://youtu.be/udUCjJphE-0

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also i grabbed whats prolly the best Dreamcast emulator ive ever found. No bullshit, 4k upscaling which looks insane, control mapping is stupid easy and it supposedly supports netplay

http://reicast.com/

it's $5 to unlock resolution options, free to try. I've hosed with nullDC for years among others and it's like 5 years of emulation development all at on e

hold the gently caress up, excuse me?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

hold the gently caress up, excuse me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z-G9NORV0w

god is real and loves us

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

What the fuckkkkkk do not bullshit me!!! Seriously?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Rip and tear! :haw:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I love Casper van Diem

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

get shipbreaker

its good

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
^That guy knows what's up.

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

Fallom posted:

I love Casper van Diem

Casper Van Doom

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

get shipbreaker

its good

open ship

equip splitsaw

fire at reactor

enjoy pretty lights

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I opened the can of sunshine.

It was... quick

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
How much is shipbreaker? I’ve been into Diablo 3 on Xbone lately and need a PC game other than Disco Elysium to pass the time (I either really loving suck or rule at this game; can’t tell.)

Actually more important than how much is it- what is it?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

How much is shipbreaker? I’ve been into Diablo 3 on Xbone lately and need a PC game other than Disco Elysium to pass the time (I either really loving suck or rule at this game; can’t tell.)

Actually more important than how much is it- what is it?

Have you ever wanted to do menial labor in the future in space?

Do you like slaving away for hours at a time to pay off virtual debt that will end with your painful death that gets deducted from your earnings?

Do you hate the idea of organized labor?

Then Hardspace: Shipbreaker is the game for you. it's currently $20, is in early access, and is by the same studio that released Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak and is currently working on Homeworld 3

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAtM-H3wrP4

its coming to xbone eventually, its on steam early access

its basically a puzzle game around the idea of stripping down a spaceship in a shipyard

its very cool and fun

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

jfc geckos are a nightmare

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Grabbed Shipbreaker, and even for an early access game, I'm getting some serious glitches and issues.
So far, I've googled that apparently, only 1920x1080 is supported without an issue where your entire HUD is crammed into the center of the screen due to scaling problems (?), so I opted out of 4K.
Then I had a couple of black screen issues, but restarted each time and now don't have the issue anymore.

My current problem de-l'heur is this

Welp. I just want to needlessly endanger myself while doing ununionized work in space :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

4k is borked, but ive only had one crash so far on my 1080 gtx and slowdown after gecko explosion debris now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

TLOU2 is real good.

The first 30 minutes of this one hit way harder than the first game.