Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Brawnfire posted:

https://youtu.be/lj2ZlY2nQ3s

My favorite scene from Black Books, a show by just Dylan Moran and nobody else but some input from his talented co-stars but nobody else besides that

I mean, if you're talking about Seasons 2 and 3, you're completely right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Mak0rz posted:

Lol at the chud brainlords in the comments asking "well if the genders were reversed what then??" gotchas and everyone replying "uh no getting the waiter fired would still be over the top in that case but nice try"

I seriously don't get why he didn't just throw it away?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

letthereberock posted:

That crazy people could make this connection does not surprise me.

What I did learn: apparently British people call popsicles “lollys”.

Look we’re just starting now to wrap our minds around the whole fries/chips/crisps conundrum.

They're only lollies of they've got a stick in them.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

JT Smiley posted:

I seriously don't get why he didn't just throw it away?

gotta punish the woman for her loose morals

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

StillFullyTerrible posted:

this is written so poorly that i can't even really understand what it's trying to say, although I assume by the flags they're an aussie weeaboo

I'm guessing he's a Nanjing Massacre denier, which is unfortunately common. Skip the Rape and Massacre sections of that article if you don't want to see some really really disturbing photos. TLDR: Japanese troops captured the Chinese city of Nanjing and raped and killed 300,000 civilians over the course of 6 weeks in 1937. For a long time, it was swept under the rug, and it's still denied by some Japanese government officials, and apparently that Twitter weirdo.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

hyperhazard posted:

I'm guessing he's a Nanjing Massacre denier, which is unfortunately common. Skip the Rape and Massacre sections of that article if you don't want to see some really really disturbing photos. TLDR: Japanese troops captured the Chinese city of Nanjing and raped and killed 300,000 civilians over the course of 6 weeks in 1937. For a long time, it was swept under the rug, and it's still denied by some Japanese government officials, and apparently that Twitter weirdo.

Chunks of Japan hail Tojo as a hero so that's about on par. On the other hand, every country does that kind of poo poo while pointing the finger.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.
The rape of nanking was so atrocious that the German observers sent there by the Nazis were sending reports back to Germany that were the letter equivalent of nervously tugging their collar.

To be clear, it was so bad it made the Nazis uncomfortable.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Abhorrence posted:

The rape of nanking was so atrocious that the German observers sent there by the Nazis were sending reports back to Germany that were the letter equivalent of nervously tugging their collar.

To be clear, it was so bad it made the Nazis uncomfortable.

I knew weeaboos idolized and fetishized Japan to an unhealthy degree, but I didn’t realize “imperial Japan did nothing wrong during WWII” was a talking point.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Less crimes against humanity, more crimes against fashion

https://twitter.com/appuntito160/status/1274409428997959680

Not the worst part of their ensembles, but you aren't supposed to wear a hat indoors.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

letthereberock posted:

That crazy people could make this connection does not surprise me.

What I did learn: apparently British people call popsicles “lollys”.

Look we’re just starting now to wrap our minds around the whole fries/chips/crisps conundrum.

I read a few chapters of Bridget Jones’s Diary once and learned that all British slang is baby talk.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

letthereberock posted:

I knew weeaboos idolized and fetishized Japan to an unhealthy degree, but I didn’t realize “imperial Japan did nothing wrong during WWII” was a talking point.

Depends on who you’re talking to

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Skwirl posted:

Not the worst part of their ensembles, but you aren't supposed to wear a hat indoors.

That guy with the cigarette looks so viscerally uncomfortable.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Getting some real Stan S. Stanman vibes from that first guy.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The best part is when the guy who tweeted that finds out the guy he screenshot was actually making the same joke.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Brawnfire posted:

This is some really nuts poo poo.

Like, they're saying that three oranges is celebrating the death of three people somewhere else because of The Godfather's symbolism around death and oranges?

...what!?!??

I was under the impression that orange and green in the UK and Ireland is often referring to protestants and catholics, whose reputation for getting along has been less than stellar.
I can definitely see how some brainwormed onliner who communicates most of their intentions with emojis might make the (definitely stupid) connection of 3 oranges = 3 people stabbed.

That's just me guessing though and I could be wrong.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

i like the last guy, only a toddler and already in a ska band

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Wendell posted:

I read a few chapters of Bridget Jones’s Diary once and learned that all British slang is baby talk.

There was a show, Peaky Blinders, based on a real early 20th century street gang with the same name. They were named for the razor blades they concealed in their hat brims.

How the gently caress are you going around trying to be an intimidating gang and calling yourself the “Peaky Blinders?!” “Oi mate, you better watch out for my peakies! My peakies is really dangerous, they is!” gently caress off, how did you people make an globe-spanning empire?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Dr Christmas posted:

There was a show, Peaky Blinders, based on a real early 20th century street gang with the same name. They were named for the razor blades they concealed in their hat brims.

How the gently caress are you going around trying to be an intimidating gang and calling yourself the “Peaky Blinders?!” “Oi mate, you better watch out for my peakies! My peakies is really dangerous, they is!”

The crips

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Dr Christmas posted:

How the gently caress are you going around trying to be an intimidating gang and calling yourself the “Peaky Blinders?!” “Oi mate, you better watch out for my peakies! My peakies is really dangerous, they is!” gently caress off, how did you people make an globe-spanning empire?

machine guns and ship cannons for the most part

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dr Christmas posted:

How the gently caress are you going around trying to be an intimidating gang and calling yourself the “Peaky Blinders?!”

Reminder that the gang ‘Proud Boys’ are named after a song from the Aladdin musical.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dr Christmas posted:

I don't know if anything's beating the fact that in Australia, biker gangs are called BIKIE GANGS

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Runcible Cat posted:

They're only lollies of they've got a stick in them.
What kind of popsicle doesn't have a stick?!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wait til you find out what they call dish soap. I'm gay as springtime but I'd still have a tough time cleaning my plates with fairy liquid.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

Wait til you find out what they call dish soap. I'm gay as springtime but I'd still have a tough time cleaning my plates with fairy liquid.

Fairy liquid logo is also a naked baby for some reason.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

RandomFerret posted:

That's just a brand. Most people would call it "washing up liquid". Which is a little odd if you think about it too much but so are lots of things I guess. Not like Americans don't have a lot of weird rear end names for stuff.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Aramoro posted:

Fairy liquid logo is also a naked baby for some reason.
That might be an old logo from before my time but I can’t remember the Fairy liquid baby as wearing anything other than a cloth nappy.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

I don't know if anything's beating the fact that in Australia, biker gangs are called BIKIE GANGS

We also call truckers truckies

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Question Mark Mound posted:

That might be an old logo from before my time but I can’t remember the Fairy liquid baby as wearing anything other than a cloth nappy.

Well, the tougher cleaner for tough dish stains, Fairy Platinum I think, has the baby being a little biker. :3:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Nastyman posted:

I can definitely see how some brainwormed onliner who communicates most of their intentions with emojis might make the (definitely stupid) connection of 3 oranges = 3 people stabbed.

The same brainworms that make people think Bilbo the good cat boy is sectarian because he’s an orange cat.

https://twitter.com/ellenfromnowon/status/1220158255844012034?s=21

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

BioEnchanted posted:

Well, the tougher cleaner for tough dish stains, Fairy Platinum I think, has the baby being a little biker. :3:

And talking like a cockney hardman in the ads for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQK3aaToNc

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

One emoji is used to convey an idea, three emojis is emphasizing it. It's become universal language at this point. So it's hilarious how many people conveniently ignore it when they're looking for reasons to be outraged.

If someone's being a clown you end your sentence in 🤡. If they're being such a loving clown that they've become Twitters main character, you use 🤡🤡🤡.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Skwirl posted:

Colinrobinson looking pretty dapper there. Wonder if he has any interesting stories about that hat.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Data Graham posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihSaGAVHmvw&vl=en

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

d3lness posted:

Kiweaboo
Aotearoaboo, tyvm

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Picnic Princess posted:

One emoji is used to convey an idea, three emojis is emphasizing it. It's become universal language at this point. So it's hilarious how many people conveniently ignore it when they're looking for reasons to be outraged.

If someone's being a clown you end your sentence in 🤡. If they're being such a loving clown that they've become Twitters main character, you use 🤡🤡🤡.

We regret to inform you that the clown is a nazi

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Five is right out.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh lord, my local NBC affiliate ran a piece saying how George Soros isn’t some overarching antifa boss and the local nut jobs are all out in full force. There’s just too many of them to isolate. It’s funny how if they run (even political) stories without certain keywords, the comments section is very different.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MAK7591/status/1274841673730715649

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

...mycologists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009