Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

When the deck runs hot, it's extremely good.
You will never get more than 15 cards into your deck though, so you either mulligan and draw extremely well, or die waiting for one of your few good cards.
Lightforged crusader also feels awful. The games you can actually play a 7/7 with no board impact are games where nothing is happening, like priest. It really needs to be cheaper + smaller so the card generation is more immediately useful.

The deck is honestly close-- it has power. Just needs to be able to draw the correct cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Lightforged Crusader doesn't feel like it belongs in the current build of the deck, most of the times when I feel that I can play it, my hand is already overcrowded with a bunch of 4/5/6 cost cards.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 21, 2020

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

kaesarsosei posted:

What's keeping Pure Paladin from being top tier?

The answer most definitely is Albatross, and Bombs. I don't care about those wrecking Highlander decks, but they really need to rework the Pure definition so that it doesn't instantly lose to a Turn 4 Albatross.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I have literally seen zero albatrosses played since the nerf

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

It's not even stuff turning off your pure paladin cards. You will frequently just not get to any of your good relevant cards.
Paladin plays a comparatively honest game with next to no card generation or draw. Because of that, your best strategy is often just to curve out and play aggressively, and if you fall behind even slightly or miss a turn, you don't have anything truly broken you can do to flip the table like every other class, because your broken unique thing is stacking buffs that require you to have something in play.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Wanted to post the exactly same before I just met five albatross having priests in a row. What the hell.

Quest hunter is still cool and fun btw.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I managed to defeat a double albatross priest with pure paladin, but only because I had a great curve and didn't draw any of my pure cards.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the issue with pure paladin is that it doesn't cheat enough. "five random paladin cards" and "a 4/4/2 with truesilver champion stapled to it" are merely okay payoffs at best, and that doesn't cut it

Goons Are Great posted:

Wanted to post the exactly same before I just met five albatross having priests in a row. What the hell.

Quest hunter is still cool and fun btw.

for whatever reason I love quest hunter to pieces. it's a huge bummer to lose springpaw, halazzi, and a lot of other stuff. I tried al'ar and recurring villains but was never very satisfied. what is your list like?

e: oh yeah a bit ago I tried using Imprisoned Vilefiend and it didn't give credit for the sidequest to summon rush minions, neither when played nor when it woke from dormancy. that would probably help, I wonder if it's still broken

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 21, 2020

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Firebert posted:

I have literally seen zero albatrosses played since the nerf

My third game out of 5 today as Pure Pally was against a Rez priest running Albatross. Of course, I can’t recall seeing a single other one since the nerf.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Pure paladin's best plays are still worse than what most highlander decks can pull and they can pull them so much easier and more consistently. Pure paladin is vulnerable from its lack of card draw and inability to build and hold a board that it needs to do to accomplish its goals. It's also vulnerable to silences, transforms and deck manipulation.

If it had decent card draw it might be able to claw back against these but it's specifically meant to be a weakness.

The current design of cards and decks highly favors decks that can generate and/or draw cards well. Until they address the weakness (by buffing the paladin core set or introducing card draw each set) or the design (would take over a year to turn around), paladin will likely be facing a similar problem for a long time. It also doesn't help that literally every expansion introduces a new paladin archetype that never receives further support.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I don't know, I have 71% winrate with pure paladin over 52 games. I think it's better than people think.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Honestly surprised the devs haven't attempted a Beast Paladin so far, themed around :horse:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I'm so bad at playing against Spell Druid as Demon Hunter. They always get the Mountseller and wreck me lol.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

At 3k legend atm with spell druid. This might be my least favorite meta of all time, but playing this uninteractive deck where I only care about clawing a battlefiend before ramping into degenerate poo poo is making it moderately tolerable. I just wish no one else was allowed to play it, because the mirror might be the most unfortunate mirror in hearthstone history

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Honestly surprised the devs haven't attempted a Beast Paladin so far, themed around :horse:

last year it was possible to make a big duel paladin with a beast theme, using things like oondasta, witchwood grizzly, shirvallah, even wacky poo poo like wasteland scorpid. wasn't good but it was pretty fun

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Zillions magazine posted:

At 3k legend atm with spell druid. This might be my least favorite meta of all time, but playing this uninteractive deck where I only care about clawing a battlefiend before ramping into degenerate poo poo is making it moderately tolerable. I just wish no one else was allowed to play it, because the mirror might be the most unfortunate mirror in hearthstone history

At least the Druid mirror snowballs really fast, the priest mirrors or the bomb warrior mirrors are really, really stupid lol

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firebert posted:

At least the Druid mirror snowballs really fast, the priest mirrors or the bomb warrior mirrors are really, really stupid lol

but those have interaction, at least? the druid mirror is whoever casts glowflies first wins 99.9% of the time and it's... rough

Even the GM casters just instantly talk mad poo poo about the mirror and stop paying attention whenever it comes up, there's next to no skill involved unfortunately

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

World War Mammories posted:

last year it was possible to make a big duel paladin with a beast theme, using things like oondasta, witchwood grizzly, shirvallah, even wacky poo poo like wasteland scorpid. wasn't good but it was pretty fun

It's a joke about how the Alliance gets way too many horse mounts in WoW.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

World War Mammories posted:

for whatever reason I love quest hunter to pieces. it's a huge bummer to lose springpaw, halazzi, and a lot of other stuff. I tried al'ar and recurring villains but was never very satisfied. what is your list like?

Obviously I go nuts on the rush minions.
# 2x (1) Clear the Way
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 1x (1) Unseal the Vault
# 2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 2x (2) Licensed Adventurer
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (3) Desert Spear
# 2x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 2x (4) Bone Wraith
# 2x (4) Cult Master
# 1x (4) Sky Gen'ral Kragg
# 2x (5) Faceless Corruptor
# 2x (6) Swarm of Locusts
# 1x (7) Shu'ma
# 1x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAECAa/XAwTTAaSlA66xA/O3Aw2rBpcIsQjbCcedA+SkA7ulA/KlA5ipA46tA/ivA4KxA7i2AwA=

It's fun! I like it to swarm the board with crap that I quickly upgrade into lethal. It's very fast and flexible, the quests get filled up in no time and you still can get the draw and the coins. If you're unlucky in mulligan, just use the side quests to get the battlecries going.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

What's this Dragon Rogue deck I keep going up against? Lost to it twice by them popping Malygos with Togwaggle's wand.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

What's this Dragon Rogue deck I keep going up against? Lost to it twice by them popping Malygos with Togwaggle's wand.

Is it a legit dragon list or just maly? Rogues been finding ways to cheese malygos into play for half of a decade, it's always got some iteration floating around. I haven't personally seen any specifically dragon themed lists though.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Is it a legit dragon list or just maly? Rogues been finding ways to cheese malygos into play for half of a decade, it's always got some iteration floating around. I haven't personally seen any specifically dragon themed lists though.

Probably just Maly was in the deck and they had discovered Alexstrasza from that one dragon lackey.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Which version are you playing?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

lost zero health this game, hit the last guy for 25. rafaam is silly if you snowball early

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

fanny packrat posted:

Which version are you playing?

Mobile posting or I'd just link the list but I'm playing the variant with just 2 mount sellers/1 ysera. I don't know how anyone can handle discarding minions to fungal constantly, it sends me into stratospheric tilt

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Mobile posting or I'd just link the list but I'm playing the variant with just 2 mount sellers/1 ysera. I don't know how anyone can handle discarding minions to fungal constantly, it sends me into stratospheric tilt

I feel that. I also recently had a game playing (probably) that build where I discarded all three minions on a turn 2 fortunes. Felt awful, kept playing, did not win.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

fanny packrat posted:

I feel that. I also recently had a game playing (probably) that build where I discarded all three minions on a turn 2 fortunes. Felt awful, kept playing, did not win.

I admire your resiliency to play it out

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
BGs without paying for the pass are even more P2W bullshit than constructed is

hope you like forever picking between Jaraxxus, Nefarian, Galakrond and Akazamzarak

e: on the other hand on the rare occasions you get a good hero you can usually cruise to a win since losing with all the bad heroes has tanked your MMR

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 22, 2020

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I just hit Diamond 5, this is the closest I've ever been to Legend and I've got 8 days to make it :dance:

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

I just hit Diamond 5, this is the closest I've ever been to Legend and I've got 8 days to make it :dance:

You got this buddy. Are you playing a specific deck or bouncing around between lists?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Same. At diamond 4! Was at diamond 2 last week before the Twin Slice change...

But let's do this!!!

I switched to Highlander DH because I like having more options in the late game.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

You got this buddy. Are you playing a specific deck or bouncing around between lists?
I'm on this Murloc Paladin train and I'm not gonna hop off now, it'd take me way too long to learn another deck anyway.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Same. At diamond 4! Was at diamond 2 last week before the Twin Slice change...

But let's do this!!!
:hfive:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, the best advice I’ve heard is to stick to one or two decks unless you’re constantly running into their hard counters.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Twitch drops enabled for tomorrow: https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23442721/announcing-battlegrounds-brawl-pirates-and-mayhem

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Weird battlegrounds interaction I just saw against an illidan who had his two star can't attack cannon thing positioned first. Thing took a swing and died immediately lmao. Don't do that if you were thinking of being clever because uh it was very bad for him

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Ugh, as if it wasn't bad enough that the some hero skins are just generally incapable of saying a single nice word, why does blizzard always feel the need to take away my ability to say hi for like 70% of heroes? I know Illidan and Sylvannas and whatnot are just too edgy to say hello, but even Arthas is drunkenly mumbling about lighting some fires now.

Annoy-o-tron is my eternal friend for his voice lines.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Goons Are Great posted:

Ugh, as if it wasn't bad enough that the some hero skins are just generally incapable of saying a single nice word, why does blizzard always feel the need to take away my ability to say hi for like 70% of heroes? I know Illidan and Sylvannas and whatnot are just too edgy to say hello, but even Arthas is drunkenly mumbling about lighting some fires now.

Annoy-o-tron is my eternal friend for his voice lines.

it's the midsummer festival thing

normal emotes will be back in a couple of weeks

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Yeah I know, but for most other festivals we at least get the ability to regularly say hi or wish a happy party, in this one though even the nice heroes start rambling about fire.
I just want to say hello and be nice. :smith:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Cool interactions (well, it sucked for me) I wasn't expecting:

A) If Solarian Prime kills Sylvanas and she steals him, the rest of his random spells are cast by the Sylvanas player

B) If one of those spells is Evocation, they keep them all until the end of their next turn (which makes sense given the card wording, but still caught me by surprise)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
This Battlegrounds tournament is cool on paper, but the execution needs a little more work. The viewer has almost no information about what characters people are playing what or how the different builds are going. Obviously the HS team is doing most of the work remotely, but the main view could easily be moving around more or have better overlays or something. For example the announcers were just saying "we don't know how the other lobby is going" while dog is spectating Sylsssa who is spawning like 15 Finkle Einhorns against Kibler in the next to last match.

Watching a multitwitch, even if it's *extremely* busy, gives you way more information and has team communication to boot.