Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ugh I hadn't even seen that video. Awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Okay so Rupaul, Michelle, Carson, Latrice and Raven is on Celebrity Family Feud this is going to be amazing. I just turned it on because I saw it on Hulu.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Jujube opens the box containing the lipsticks of the bottom queens. She examines the lipsticks one by one, gently tracing over the queens' names with her fingernails. One of these queens go home tonight, and JuJu has the power to send them packing.

"What's going on in my mind right now is..."

"...my cats. "

Lipstick goes into the bra.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Juju ranks up there with Katya and Shangela for best comments to the camera. Shangela's repeated Game of thrones references in All Stars 3 cracked me up.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Sorry for making you guys uncomfortable, just had that thought bouncing around my head since episode 2.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Just crown Jujubee already

https://twitter.com/markimusbrutus/status/1274397595968905222

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Amen, so good

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
My prayers have already been answered by them letting her win a challenge, I shan't tempt fate to hope for more

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

My GF is a super fan so I’ve started watching this with her (well I watched the last season of normie drag race first) and I’m digging it. Juju’s monologue during the voting rocked.

Is there a consensus favourite to win the whole season?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I think it's widely acknowledged as Shea's season to lose. She had the strongest run for a non-winner ever, and her loss was a shock for the ages (though not unfair).

Other strong contenders are Alexis (who made top 3 in arguably the hardest season) and Juju (who made top 3 twice on charisma and lip syncing ability alone). I don't really see anyone else winning the crown, but Blair might get a Naomi-style black horse run.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cool, thanks!

Is there/is there going to be a thread for Canada Deag Race? I’m in a fantasy pool for it but I have no idea who I’m going to pick to stay/go home for week 1 lol.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It'll probably be this thread

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, the thread doesn't move fast enough to really split it up at this point. Depending on if everyone is watching or not tho we may do spoiler tag rules, but Canada should be easier for us to all catch weekly than Thailand was.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Wish drag wasn't so focused around major cities cause it woulda been fun to see American fans' brains melt when a bunch of queens are introduced from Mississauga, Osoyoos and Kapuskasing and they process it as just gibberish

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Eej posted:

Wish drag wasn't so focused around major cities cause it woulda been fun to see American fans' brains melt when a bunch of queens are introduced from Mississauga, Osoyoos and Kapuskasing and they process it as just gibberish

that's one rad thing about Dragula; they'll bring in queens from random places. Was hype as heck to see a queen from Portland, OR. Yeah, larger city, but still.

My first drag show was in Lufkin, TX and the really lowkey, inexpensive vibe was such perfection.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Yes! My first drag show was in East Lansing, MI, it was my college's LGBT association getting a bunch of drag queens to perform at a student center. Super low-budget but it had drag kings and AFAB queens and set me off thinking that was the norm for drag. I miss it. It was before drag race, and it was my favorite event every year, when I was too young to go to clubs.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Go Green baby~

It won’t happen but I wish Miz Cracker would learn the same lesson that Adore and Bendela did: the show is just not good for some personalities. She is a solid queen but she’ll never see it in herself since she has bought into this idea that your value is equal to how the fandom feels about you.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

gandlethorpe posted:

I think it's widely acknowledged as Shea's season to lose. She had the strongest run for a non-winner ever, and her loss was a shock for the ages (though not unfair).

Other strong contenders are Alexis (who made top 3 in arguably the hardest season) and Juju (who made top 3 twice on charisma and lip syncing ability alone). I don't really see anyone else winning the crown, but Blair might get a Naomi-style black horse run.

I think the consensus is it's going to be Shea or Alexis. I agree about Blair, I think she's been really discounted since her original run on the show wasn't really notable, but she's had a really strong performance every episode so far. Since Mariah's gone, I'm rooting for her.

....I really wanted Naomi to win All Stars guys :(

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Naomi's Come Rain or Come Shine lip sync is my favorite individual performance in a lip sync. Sorry Not Sorry beats it out for my favorite lip sync but only because both Yvie and Brook's performances were so strong.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Naomi's mediocre and has one gimmick and the only reason why she used the nuclear option and ended up blowing up the entire All Stars elimination rules is because she wouldn't be remembered otherwise

:colbert:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A God drat Ghost posted:

Yes! My first drag show was in East Lansing, MI, it was my college's LGBT association getting a bunch of drag queens to perform at a student center. Super low-budget but it had drag kings and AFAB queens and set me off thinking that was the norm for drag. I miss it. It was before drag race, and it was my favorite event every year, when I was too young to go to clubs.

^burtle posted:

Go Green baby~

Go green!

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

^burtle posted:

Go Green baby~

Go green! We are everywhere...

Naomi's not my favorite queen but to say she wouldn't be remembered except for the stunt elimination is a bit much. She was top 3 for a reason and had a ton of fans well before All Stars.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the escape goat posted:

that's one rad thing about Dragula; they'll bring in queens from random places. Was hype as heck to see a queen from Portland, OR. Yeah, larger city, but still.

My first drag show was in Lufkin, TX and the really lowkey, inexpensive vibe was such perfection.

Part of the issue is how far apart everything is in Canada. We have barely any real cities and most of them are close to the border. Any queens out in the boonies aren't likely to have a gay bar in their town to work at, or let alone within driving distance. Even if they do have one of the smaller cities close enough to travel to, there still may not be a gay bar. When I lived up north the only gay poo poo we had was events every so often, and I still had to drive my rear end to Prince George or Grande Prairie to go to any.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Finally watched: meh.

But Christ the queens hosed up their chance to send one of the strongest competitors home. I don’t think they’ll get this chance again and basically it’s Shea better turn it back around.

And goddamn I was in hysterics with Juju all episode - she’s so goddamn pro.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Only time I ever paid for a meet and greet was when Raven and juju came to my city back when I lived in a city and she was the funniest loving person irl just top tier chat like a matronly bartender in her 60s running a wood of old pissheads with a loving iron fist

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 22, 2020

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

esperterra posted:

Part of the issue is how far apart everything is in Canada. We have barely any real cities and most of them are close to the border. Any queens out in the boonies aren't likely to have a gay bar in their town to work at, or let alone within driving distance. Even if they do have one of the smaller cities close enough to travel to, there still may not be a gay bar. When I lived up north the only gay poo poo we had was events every so often, and I still had to drive my rear end to Prince George or Grande Prairie to go to any.

I've been to Prince George once (1ce) and... I'm sorry to hear that........

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Man just finished up All Stars 1 and boy that did not age well. The suggestions to the queens for standup was basically:

Juju: can you make fun of your ethnicity more
Chad: can you make fun of Mexicans, that's what WeHo loves!
Raven: can you make your stories about being a whore funny?
Shannel: :stare: (that's Michelle's face at the opening "So I'm a white man trapped in a black woman's body")

And of course Ru laughs the loudest at the crudest, most offensive jokes

No fart jokes though, sorry Rockem

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011

Eej posted:

No fart jokes though, sorry Rockem

Both the airplane lipsync on season 6/7? Whatever violet won and the lovely acting challenge in all stars 3 had whole sections dedicated to fart jokes which is the wild thing about this

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Iirc crystals one woman show had a fart gag that got a huge ru laugh as well

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, but you see, her tulle dress was too over the top, which is not what you want out of a drag queen.

#stillsalty

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Vintersorg posted:

Finally watched: meh.

But Christ the queens hosed up their chance to send one of the strongest competitors home. I don’t think they’ll get this chance again and basically it’s Shea better turn it back around.

And goddamn I was in hysterics with Juju all episode - she’s so goddamn pro.

I suspect they are thinking of how much backlash Naomi got for sending Manilla home.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Eej posted:

Man just finished up All Stars 1 and boy that did not age well.

I watched it as it happened, it didn't start well.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

angerbeet posted:

I watched it as it happened, it didn't start well.

that first untucked will be in history books and renaissance paintings

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Zvahl posted:

that first untucked will be in history books and renaissance paintings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvhqJsy9miE

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I could NOT believe it

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I watch all those videos regularly. Tammie as that bird is art.

Special mention goes to the Vanjie as the pufferfish in the Yvie fight.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

AS1 is a strange beast. A terrible season of Drag Race, but a group of queens so amazing that I still find myself rewatching it more often than the later mainline seasons. It's a hot mess with a lot of fun moments. Shame about how boring Untucked became after Mimi and Pandora were eliminated.

However this is comedy gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08vQy_pSQIo

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Chad’s obsession with Hunger Games in that season was legendary, Katya even joked about it in her AS2 entrance (“Happy Hunger Games, bitches!” in Russian)

Better than Shangela’s constant game of thrones poo poo; half the time it made zeeeeero sense if you were more than passingly familiar with the books.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Trying to figure out the timeline of where game of thrones was at when as3 was filmed to determined precisely how much of a scrub Shangela is for thinking dany wasn't the villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018