Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

DeathChicken posted:

My new favorite troll is using Insidious and one of the chainsaw charge addons on Leatherface, hooking someone, hiding behind a corner for the inevitable rescue, running out and chainsaw flailing. Two down

Hey, if survivors want to play this game as cheaply as possible, I can annoy you right back :colbert:

Congratulations, you are now part of the Insidious Bubba meme. Now just equip Iron Grasp, Agitation and Mad Grit and haul them into the basement every time instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeipods
Jul 3, 2007

I think my favorite thing I ever encountered was a Bubba with franklin's equipped who hit someone's flashlight out their hand, then disconnected. Then on the scoreboard their name was something like "Got your flashlight." I like to think they were doing that for years before the penalty was implemented.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

There was a meme of Wraiths doing the same thing and then in post game chat saying "bing bong your item is gone" back before DC penalties and so on.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Archenteron posted:

The meta strat for survivors vs Plague tends to be "Never heal" so yeah they'll take being perma-broken perma-Stridor over giving you Waterbeam Huntress

They really ought to add some sort of progressive mechanic to being puked on to force them to cleanse, but that could let Plague apply pressure.

SaffronKit posted:

Congratulations, you are now part of the Insidious Bubba meme. Now just equip Iron Grasp, Agitation and Mad Grit and haul them into the basement every time instead.

It's even in character for Bubba to bring them back home! People will be mad but tell them to learn their slasher villains and how to play video games. :smug:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

They really ought to add some sort of progressive mechanic to being puked on to force them to cleanse, but that could let Plague apply pressure.

I think that was part of the intent with giving her one free corrupt pool base. If everyone's broken when she gets her power then everyone's pretty much hosed, so survivors are incentivized from the start to cleanse.

'Course that's still handing control of her power to survivors and yeah they really should redesign the sickness stuff so she builds her power more akin to Myers or Oni. Something active that the survivors can gently caress with but not totally stop. Although then the debuff itself needs to be reworked or else you've made an even more powerful version of iridescent head Huntress.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Saw a streamer trying Insidious bubba last night and the first person he hooked had Kindred so it was loving lmao.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

They could stand to just get rid of the full heal survivors get if they use a clean fountain. Clear the illness, yes, but there's no reason it should do that *and* erase any damage progress.

Or get rid of the mechanic where the fountains revert to clean if they're all corrupted, that one just sucks rear end for any Plague who wants to rely on Vile instead of Corrupt.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

If cleansing just got rid of the barfing but didn't heal you, I don't think anyone would bother cleansing. I certainly wouldn't. I already don't bother cleansing (one round of machine gun hatchet barf isn't that big a deal) - but if my team starts cleansing then I will too.

Still bothers me that they gave Plague one corrupt fountain at the start and made it part of the base kit, but still won't let Trapper carry two traps as part of his base kit. :(

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Thing is she feels more dangerous if she can keep you in a state of Broken plus a big green stink trail constantly giving away your location than the alternative of having range that will expire in about a minute and has to hit you twice to down you.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Part of what makes her strong is that she can very quickly make you broken then down you, sort of like melee hatchets for Huntress. It is very very easy for Plague to strip away that first damage state and once broken survivors don't get to pick when they can heal. It'd be lovely if it didn't heal you after removing the broken state. Extra lovely if survivors could also use up all the fountains and then just be stuck permanently broken.

Also the Corrupt Purge is 100% worse than barfing. Especially when you go up against better killers who aren't going to be losing you anyways. Having to hit some one twice doesn't matter when you just make it rain pain juice over walls and pallets. At least if you're broken but she's stuck in vile purge you can put things between you and her to keep her away.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Yeah, "don't heal against Plague" was a thing for a while, but she's actually much less effective if survivors are constantly cleansing. Decent survivors will always run to the fountains near the corners of the map so she has to wander away from them to power up. Then they can just hide for a minute or so whenever the 'power's on' sound plays.

Imagine if you had to spend half your Tier III as Myers tracking down the survivors and praying you could blast them before it runs off. That's the Plague experience in purple ranks and up.

edit:

TGLT posted:

Extra lovely if survivors could also use up all the fountains and then just be stuck permanently broken.

This is bullshit and should absolutely be a thing. If survivors get to 'choose' whether or not to activate the fountains to heal, Plague should get to choose whether to get Corrupt Purge or let all the fountains eventually get corrupted. That would actually be a huge buff to a mid-tier killer, though, which BHVR is allergic to.

Popular Human fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 22, 2020

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Popular Human posted:

This is bullshit and should absolutely be a thing. If survivors get to 'choose' whether or not to activate the fountains to heal, Plague should get to choose whether to get Corrupt Purge or let all the fountains eventually get corrupted. That would actually be a huge buff to a mid-tier killer, though, which BHVR is allergic to.

That would be extremely boring to play against and it wouldn't make her any more satisfying to play. They need to rework her so she gets control over when she gets her power, not take away everyone's ability to make a decision. And they definitely shouldn't be rewarding players for doing nothing at all. Hell, rewarding players for doing nothing is basically the current issue with Plague's power.

edit: Like Oni is basically the perfect model for a Plague rework. Sickness no longer causes Broken and instead when Plague hooks sick survivors she sucks up their barf juice. Survivors can go to a pool to clean off and stop the sickness from growing, but then they deposit their barf juice to be picked up by her there. Once fully loaded she can activate Corrupt Purge for something like a 15-30 second duration. Gives you five easy values to tweak for balance as well - how much sickness does she need to get, how much can one survivor store up, how quickly does her vomit get people sick, how fast does it grow passively, and how long can she stay in Corrupt Purge. Hell it could still make survivors Broken, or have some other sort of nasty status effect.

And that's just a quick bit of spitballing. There's a ton of better directions to go in than "what if Plague just had a built in fragrant tuft of hair."

TGLT fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 22, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Doctor is better than I gave him credit for. Just gotta get in a habit of finding three or so gens in close proximity and letting survivors have the rest. From there, it's real hard for them to actually crack the last gens with the range of your Shocks

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Apparently the 4th year anniversary event kicks off today sometime and goes through early July. Killers and survivors can find packages in trials that will make them glow and I think you need to win/leave to get a crown of some sort? It also looks like there are balloons and confetti that shoots out of hooks and flashlights or something. Some new skins and charms as well.

They also unlocked a bunch of legacy items for everyone from before the bloodweb or something?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Philthy posted:

Apparently the 4th year anniversary event kicks off today sometime and goes through early July. Killers and survivors can find packages in trials that will make them glow and I think you need to win/leave to get a crown of some sort? It also looks like there are balloons and confetti that shoots out of hooks and flashlights or something. Some new skins and charms as well.

They also unlocked a bunch of legacy items for everyone from before the bloodweb or something?

The legacy cosmetics that were earned from hitting prestige levels before they reworked the bloodweb to not be a total nightmare, but they're specifically not giving those to everyone. They're gifting everyone the old event cosmetics that have never shown up again in the shop, like Huntress's hound mask.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

DeathChicken posted:

Doctor is better than I gave him credit for. Just gotta get in a habit of finding three or so gens in close proximity and letting survivors have the rest. From there, it's real hard for them to actually crack the last gens with the range of your Shocks

Three genning is still the go-to strat for pipping, i think. You'll generally get plenty of points doing it.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
You wanna identify some gens to give up early, but only a hostage doc or maybe a trapper really goes for a three gen from the start. Outside of maps where the structure fundamentally incentivizes protecting a small group of gens, like Azarov's Resting Place or Groaning Storehouse. Usually it's only after 2 or 3 gens that you should have to consider what three gens you really need to hold on to.

Basically early on it's more important to take the chases you can get then mid game figure out if you need to get ready for the late game and how.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 23, 2020

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
In terms of meme builds, my favorite is Wraith + Stranger Things map + Silent Clapper + See Nearby Survivors Auras While Cloaked (and then like Nurses Calling/Bitter Murmur/BBQ for more aura tracking)

It's expensive as hell in terms of consumables but you get to drive survivors into a tizzy since you find them, and just start your quiet decloak as you walk around the conveniently nearby corner and perpetual jumpscare people.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Got 9all killer crowns so far. Dropped down 23 ranks because I've spent so much time searching and not finding jack. They seem to respawn every 60 seconds if no one finds the current spawn.

I think the Backwater Swamp doesn't have any spawns. I've been on that map three times now and probably have spent close to 20 minutes searching. I guess it could be really bad luck, but.. (it was)

I'm going to probably skip the survivor crowns. You can't crouch behind stuff with a crown, it floats above everything and as a killer it's hilarious. I'll grab one if the opportunities arises, but I'm not going to grind them out like the killers.

Someone on reddit made this checklist also:

Philthy fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jun 24, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Ran into an odd bunch of exploiting fools. Got one on the hook, second one ran up in front of the hooked person and stood there. I smacked them down, they landed directly beneath the hooked one in such a way that I couldn't grab them or otherwise do anything to them. As soon as I left, they sprung Unbreakable and ran off.

Of course as soon as I ran them down again and hooked them, they disconnected.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 24, 2020

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Saw that in a stream. It’s a known issue. It can happen unintentionally as well.

Last night I played plague and whatever map that had the tiny hut with lots of dead animals strung up in the middle - Somehow I got stuck in them and couldn’t get out. I was floating mid-air stuck in the carcasses. I eventually L1’d my way out. Every time I pressed it I moved a tiny bit.

D0ct0rAlanGrant
Aug 23, 2007

~My country is a complete embarrassment to world football and they deserve abuse from everyone at all times.~

~Handle your balls? Frenchmen can't resist!~
I know some people may think this is broken, but I think all of the trappers traps should start as armed, most of them are so random in the open that their so obvious. I love trapper to death and besides legion, plague and clown hes my favorite. But get any kind of a smart survivor and you barely get anyone in traps. I feel like his whole kit just needs a rehaul.

But that clown 'Buff' is amazing. No slowdown during throwing of your bottles feels so fluid and amazing. Hes still a poo poo killer but it makes him just a tiny bit more usable.

Getting the crowns as killers is super easy, getting 2 crowns for my 2 mains, Jeff and Kate took me easily 2 hours each because the second I got the crown I was tunneled into the ground.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I haven't played killer so haven't gone for any killer crowns yet, but I've got eight of the survivor ones already, I'm not finding it particularly difficult. I don't know why I'm even bothering, I hate most of the default heads and will never use these. I guess because it is something to do in the game, much like the rift challenges.

D0ct0rAlanGrant
Aug 23, 2007

~My country is a complete embarrassment to world football and they deserve abuse from everyone at all times.~

The Berzerker posted:

I haven't played killer so haven't gone for any killer crowns yet, but I've got eight of the survivor ones already, I'm not finding it particularly difficult. I don't know why I'm even bothering, I hate most of the default heads and will never use these. I guess because it is something to do in the game, much like the rift challenges.

I really wish these crowns were like an additional slot for cosmetic. So I can use my favorite cosmetics and the crown at the same time. The base Jeff head is dumb and I want corpse paint jesus Jeff damnit

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

Yeah, the fact it's default heads kinda bores me. Like I could go with a good goat skull for Huntress that pairs with my cool runic axe, or just the regular bunny head that requires a different getup. I think the hallo pretty much it only works for Hag, because it's just her hair, and maybe Oni because his basic mask is really good. edit: scratch that, they didn't account for his hair so it's just clipping through a sea of white
Wish they let the licensed killers get it. I want saint Bubba and saint Mikey.

Also everyone just has the same halo. It's a real missed opportunity.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 25, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Every time I think I don't want to run NOED, I catch some idiot teabagger at the gates who wasn't quite close enough to just flop through the exit, haul them right back to the hook and think "I am never not running NOED"

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

D0ct0rAlanGrant posted:

But that clown 'Buff' is amazing. No slowdown during throwing of your bottles feels so fluid and amazing. Hes still a poo poo killer but it makes him just a tiny bit more usable.

Honestly, I've been having a great time with him. I really enjoy his add-ons and once you get the throws down he can lock people down so fast. Granted I'm only rank 10, but he has that itch that I keep wanting to play him over and over so I do.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I played a couple games of Clown today and had a great time. But I forgot to get the crown thing both times because I was just wrecking survivors so fast

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Honestly, I think it's the best side objective yet. The two times I've got crowns it was purely incidental "oh hey here's the crown" moments. It's like the better version of the Halloween event, it doesn't distract from the core gameplay. I just wish it was in service of something other than a pretty meh set of cosmetics,.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

DeathChicken posted:

Every time I think I don't want to run NOED, I catch some idiot teabagger at the gates who wasn't quite close enough to just flop through the exit, haul them right back to the hook and think "I am never not running NOED"

Pair it with Blood Warden and get a no escape game from toxic players :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My new thing has been running Unnerving Presence and Distressing on trapper, and any other perks I can find that increase my terror radius. Either I've been getting really lucky, or my terror radius is big enough to make it hard to figure out where I am because drat it takes no effort to find people.

I also like using padded jaws and going full get money get paid mode. It would be even better if BBQ and Chilli EVER SHOWED UP ON THE BLOOD WEB

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Padded Jaws (and Speed Limiter) are not as good as they seem. If you rarely get max blood points then they have uses, but unlike BBQ they add their bonus blood points -during- the game instead of after, so you can't get more than the 8000 you'd normally be able to get if you weren't using the add-on.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Gloomy Rube posted:

Padded Jaws (and Speed Limiter) are not as good as they seem. If you rarely get max blood points then they have uses, but unlike BBQ they add their bonus blood points -during- the game instead of after, so you can't get more than the 8000 you'd normally be able to get if you weren't using the add-on.

God.

drat it.

:cripes:

Do you know if Distressing works the same way? Considering it says Deviousness specifically I assume so :( man I'm dumb as poo poo

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Yeah Distressing is the same. Only BBQ and the survivor perk (Something something live forever?) act like free offerings, giving you bonus bloodpoints after the match.

It's actually not it saying "Deviousness" that's the way to tell, it's because it misses the "These bloodpoints will only be awarded post-trial" text that BBQ and the survivor perk have.

Edit: Doing some research about the question, I found out that BBQ was originally awful and worked like distressing and padded jaws, and the survivor perk gave up to 200% bonus bloodpoints initially, which is bonkers. :v:

Gloomy Rube fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 25, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Well at least my build still fucks up their skill checks :negative:

D0ct0rAlanGrant
Aug 23, 2007

Danaru posted:

My new thing has been running Unnerving Presence and Distressing on trapper, and any other perks I can find that increase my terror radius. Either I've been getting really lucky, or my terror radius is big enough to make it hard to figure out where I am because drat it takes no effort to find people.

I also like using padded jaws and going full get money get paid mode. It would be even better if BBQ and Chilli EVER SHOWED UP ON THE BLOOD WEB

Try this wraith build:

Addons: The Beast and Bone Clapper

Perks: Unnerving Pressence, Distressing, Nurses Calling and BBq and chilli. Always having your terror radius up, being massive and they have no idea where your uncloaking from really screws with the survivors. The terror radius is just suppressive and really messed with them.

As with the BBQ not showing up, I think Bubba is like 4.99 and totally worth it. Hes a weak killer but slap on nemesis, play with your food, save the best for last and bbq or Nurses, and only use your chainsaw unless necessary.

Plus for some reason when people go up against bubba and you yet just 1 in the basement, they go full potato mode and you just snowball out of control!

D0ct0rAlanGrant fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 26, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Okay that was funny. So as usual I was playing Trapper and I always have bad experiences with people looping on the giant tractor at Coldwind, so I set a trap at one entrance to it. Fast forward to the end of the game, one jerk in particular had been giving me grief. He teabags at the gates, I NOED smack him, start to haul him back. I find someone had sabotaged my nearest hook, so I had to keep carrying him to the next one. Guy slips out, turns, runs straight into the tractor trap no one hit all game. He dies

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

A few friends have decided we are maybe going to give this a shot, is there a quick overview somewhere of what's in the various DLC and how worthwhile it is? That they didn't even name them after the included killers makes the steam page really annoying to navigate.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Just start with the base game, it comes with a lot of content. If you find you all really like it, then get all the DLC. All of it. It's all good and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Definitely play without DLC first, get a feel for the game, then look at the DLC and see who fits your playstyle. If you're patient, remember teachables show up on the shrine of secrets for the player level bux,

All the survivors play identically aside from perks, while the killers all play vastly different. Myers is the king :colbert: