Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
nobody will miss the bbc

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1274866820927848448?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

How do you get the k-pop stans involved, is there a signal to shine onto the clouds or something

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The Bristol Post refused to put those pics on its website lol.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Geddon_/status/1274989831752486914

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
time to airdrop a set of leaflets on the concept of jury nullification across the entirety of Bristol i guess

Sanford posted:

How do you get the k-pop stans involved, is there a signal to shine onto the clouds or something

I can't believe every member of BTS flew in to Bristol, destroyed a statue, did a show, then flew straight back to Korea again, but I was there, officer, and I saw every moment of it. see i even got footage, of the concert

Angepain fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jun 22, 2020

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
spotted a chinook flyin east along the thames again

cool

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

bump_fn posted:

spotted a chinook flyin east along the thames again

cool

This happens regularly, they fly out to some airfield out east, presumably over the river incase they revert to the helicopter's natural state: crashed. Sometimes you get full on apache gunships flying down there as well which is slightly more worrying when you first see it.

Source: my office is (was?) directly on that flight path.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tyranny begins when you mock politicians for claiming that something from the Civil Rights marches and Vietnam protests is from pop TV and move lovely sit coms to other streaming services.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Brendan o neill is gonna headbutt the moon if he keeps making his brain bigger at this rate.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Stalinist Vibes is my favorite YouTube channel

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Stimulate your erogenous zones with the UKMT Stalinist Vibe.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

This happens regularly, they fly out to some airfield out east, presumably over the river incase they revert to the helicopter's natural state: crashed. Sometimes you get full on apache gunships flying down there as well which is slightly more worrying when you first see it.

Yeah, isn't the flight path for choppers in London basically just "follow the river "?

Also Stalinist vibe is my new sex toy, ideal for Prostate stimulation or eradication of kulaks

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Thanks all for the advice regards social services, stuff is now rolling and as such I probably won't comment again on it unless I hear anything back

I spot them about twice a month on average- sometimes they go to southend airport, a chinook or pair of them, sometimes with two apaches too or just apaches, and people I know who live over that way say they visit foulness island too

The rumour used to be it was practicing deployment of air defence systems in an emergency

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

Stimulate your erogenous zones with the UKMT Stalinist Vibe.

I think a good definition of social privilege is if the only oppression you experienced this year is the Inbetweeners moving from YouTube to Britbox, and a good definition of economic privilege is you somehow get a platform to complain about that.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, isn't the flight path for choppers in London basically just "follow the river "?

Also Stalinist vibe is my new sex toy, ideal for Prostate stimulation or eradication of kulaks

To go with your 'Seize the means of production' CBT kit?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Aramoro posted:

CBT kit?

Communist Bolshevik Trot kit?

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

I'm enjoying all the responses implying the statue tripped and fell.

I hear this Colston thug ~ was no angel ~

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Desiderata posted:

I'm enjoying all the responses implying the statue tripped and fell.

I hear this Colston thug ~ was no angel ~

The responses to the effect of 'but the law' are so saddening.

How do people not understand that legal =/= moral, and illegal =/= immoral?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

thespaceinvader posted:

Show them the picture of Anne Frank again.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Is there website somewhere to submit snitch statements? Because those photo's definitely look like my dear friends: Burnsy, Cheeks, Gibbo, Josh, Morty and Ricey to me but I will only betray them if there are fabulous prizes to be won.

Desiderata fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 22, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

holy poo poo this twitter thread

https://twitter.com/sophiechiaka/status/1274678458036170759?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/GeorgeMonbiot/status/1275000402946265091?s=20

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

At this point my response basically boils down to "political violence works and bitching about it doesn't, so do one".

They can either learn that life isn't as simple as complaining to the manager and engage with the anger constructively, or stay impotently angry in their lovely liberal bubble forever.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

That's fine, we need to make the WTO more paralysed and incompetant than it already is.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

At this point my response basically boils down to "political violence works and bitching about it doesn't, so do one".

They can either learn that life isn't as simple as complaining to the manager and engage with the anger constructively, or stay impotently angry in their lovely liberal bubble forever.

I'd also add that violence against property =/ violence against people and funnily enough the people in charge often seem to care more about the former than the latter as well even though by all rights it should be the opposite...

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Important update: fudge arrived in the Netherlands, delivered by some guy on a bicycle, box looks like an elephant sat on it, but the fudge is delicious!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Brendan o neill is gonna headbutt the moon if he keeps making his brain bigger at this rate.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

While also probably breaking a bunch of laws themselves, if the State ever decided to investigate.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Leveraging his intimate knowledge of corruption and waste no doubt.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Bobstar posted:

Important update: fudge arrived in the Netherlands, delivered by some guy on a bicycle, box looks like an elephant sat on it, but the fudge is delicious!

Great news!

I’ve been having no end of problems with the postal service this month- between boxes being destroyed and things taking forever to get there..

Can I ask of anyone who is still waiting for their package to let me know if it’s not arrived by thursday- that will make it ten working days since posting so RM might actually do something about it. Also then we can discuss how I’ll make your order right. I’m furious that my standards in customer service and satisfaction are being hosed with by a third party.

Looking at changing up packaging and shipping methods for either the current cook or the next- watch this space

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Camrath posted:

Great news!

I’ve been having no end of problems with the postal service this month- between boxes being destroyed and things taking forever to get there..

Can I ask of anyone who is still waiting for their package to let me know if it’s not arrived by thursday- that will make it ten working days since posting so RM might actually do something about it. Also then we can discuss how I’ll make your order right. I’m furious that my standards in customer service and satisfaction are being hosed with by a third party.

Looking at changing up packaging and shipping methods for either the current cook or the next- watch this space

I'll say just now, mine arrived some time last week - maybe Wednesday? Also a bit bashed up, but fudge all intact, and delicious as expected.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

From my experience temping at Parcelforce, assume all boxes are getting literally hurled down the other end of a lorry and plan accordingly!

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

mehall posted:

I'll say just now, mine arrived some time last week - maybe Wednesday? Also a bit bashed up, but fudge all intact, and delicious as expected.

It’s weird. A box made it to a northern Scottish city in 24 hours, but one sent to somewhere nearly walking distance from here has been super slow (has it arrived yet?)

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

baka kaba posted:

From my experience temping at Parcelforce, assume all boxes are getting literally hurled down the other end of a lorry and plan accordingly!

Uh yeah, this happens with every big shipping company and applies equally to computers/printers or anything else. Doesn't matter if it's fragile. The only thing that doesn't get regularly tossed around is glass, if it's labelled as such, in my experience.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

They're normally heading between the Qinetiq sites at Farnborough and Aldershot and the big testing range at Foulness, although occasionally it's just RAF/AAC finding an excuse for a bit of sightseeing - I remember a couple of Chinooks causing a minor stir when they landed at the Artillery Ground on the edge of the City and after a bit of bloviating about the need for pilots to train in a number of different environments etc it eventually came out it was a retiring General going for a jolly at the Honourable Artillery Company.

The semi-regular flights downstream that rattle my house and set off every car alarm in the area in the late evening are about the only air traffic that *didn't* stop once lockdown started.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Royal Mail seem to have completely shat themselves since the pandemic started. They're the only carrier who's routinely managed to lose our parcels, delay them by weeks or claim that we weren't in (while we were self isolating). Everyone else has been shockingly good in the circumstances.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

stev posted:

Royal Mail seem to have completely shat themselves since the pandemic started. They're the only carrier who's routinely managed to lose our parcels, delay them by weeks or claim that we weren't in (while we were self isolating). Everyone else has been shockingly good in the circumstances.

It really has.

Okay, I’ve been sending increasing volume month on month, but this has been by far the worst for damage and missing stuff. The first few batches there were no problems whatsoever.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Miftan posted:

Uh yeah, this happens with every big shipping company and applies equally to computers/printers or anything else. Doesn't matter if it's fragile. The only thing that doesn't get regularly tossed around is glass, if it's labelled as such, in my experience.

Hell I wouldn't even assume that to be honest - when I did it they had a conveyor belt feeding into the back of the truck container, then the boxes come and stopping the belt is a big no-no

If you have time to walk back and check a box early then great, but when it gets frantic you're playing late-game Tetris and you just need to get the box somewhere before the next ones fall off the conveyor

So sometimes you really don't have time to read warnings or requests to place the box a certain way up (and small stuff is easy to throw and get out of the way - on the plus side it tended to go on top because you can fill out that space with smaller things)

I didn't work there long and I have no idea about the industry in general and company practices bla bla beyond what you usually hear from people - I've just seen some things! Solid cardboard boxes with decent packaging to stop things moving around (even stiff crumpled paper seems good, plus my cat loves it) seems like your best bet. Would you be happy playing catch with it, that's a good baseline

Also if it's just being couriered in a van it'll probably be cared for a bit better, they're a bit easier to load and unload

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

baka kaba posted:

Hell I wouldn't even assume that to be honest - when I did it they had a conveyor belt feeding into the back of the truck container, then the boxes come and stopping the belt is a big no-no

If you have time to walk back and check a box early then great, but when it gets frantic you're playing late-game Tetris and you just need to get the box somewhere before the next ones fall off the conveyor

So sometimes you really don't have time to read warnings or requests to place the box a certain way up (and small stuff is easy to throw and get out of the way - on the plus side it tended to go on top because you can fill out that space with smaller things)

I didn't work there long and I have no idea about the industry in general and company practices bla bla beyond what you usually hear from people - I've just seen some things! Solid cardboard boxes with decent packaging to stop things moving around (even stiff crumpled paper seems good, plus my cat loves it) seems like your best bet. Would you be happy playing catch with it, that's a good baseline

Also if it's just being couriered in a van it'll probably be cared for a bit better, they're a bit easier to load and unload

Yeah I worked for UPS for about.. 8-9 months? and what you're describing is generally how it is, but sometimes there's an overlord looking at stuff and going 'put that aside' or something. Definitely always make sure everything you ship is packed as solidly as you can otherwise it'll get damaged.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Camrath posted:

It’s weird. A box made it to a northern Scottish city in 24 hours, but one sent to somewhere nearly walking distance from here has been super slow (has it arrived yet?)

Sadly not :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

If it’s not come by Thursday we’ll sort something out. Sorry about this :/