Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jumley posted:

Have they ever shown the consequences of eating two fruits? In filler or anything else?

I don't think so. We have been TOLD that you die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Shugojin posted:

I feel like this has to be valid because the World Nobles would have absolutely had someone eat two of them, probably in public.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Caesars Smile Pet.

He ate a devil fruit Caesar planted and detonated across the entire island as a weapon.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Ryaomon posted:

Dumbasses

hahaha imagine

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It's triplets if anything and as someone else said he's going to get Kaido's power after he dies.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Who else thought Ulti was a cow

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nessus posted:

I feel like this has to be valid because the World Nobles would have absolutely had someone eat two of them, probably in public.

Yeah CP9 said they’ve done tests on it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Asuron posted:

Caesars Smile Pet.

He ate a devil fruit Caesar planted and detonated across the entire island as a weapon.

I don't think it was a Devil Fruit, just some chemical compound meant to cause Smiley to disperse into wide-range poison.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Smiley was poison gas. It's an item given life similar to the dog gun and elephant sword.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

kdrudy posted:

It's triplets if anything and as someone else said he's going to get Kaido's power after he dies.

i got a dumb theory:
- blackbeard's flag has three skulls, which is something both oars and oars jr wear

- oars and oars jr have the same horns as kaido
- its possible kaido is a dragon that ate the Whatever Oars Is Fruit
- blackbeard is after kaido's fruit and thats why his flag has three skulls

in addition, its said that oars could pull continents. both the dark fruit and the earthquake fruit... are also capable of moving huge swaths of land i'm guessing. so maybe blackbeard wants to move huge amounts of land or something.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 22, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Smiley exploded when he ate the giantfication candy against Caesar's orders.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Has Sanji ever swooned over the rabbit girl? Is he into rabbits?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I don't think it was a Devil Fruit, just some chemical compound meant to cause Smiley to disperse into wide-range poison.

There's a scene during Smiley's demise that explicitly shows their Devil Fruit forming on a nearby apple, and the fruit has an official name and everything.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Thoren posted:

Has Sanji ever swooned over the rabbit girl? Is he into rabbits?

I don’t remember if he swooned over her specifically, but while he was on Zou he was swooning on all the dog, deer, hedgehog, and other animal ladies as he would any other so I don’t see why bunnies would be off the list.

I would hope Carrot would be off the list because she’s 15 but anime.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Bleck posted:

There's a scene during Smiley's demise that explicitly shows their Devil Fruit forming on a nearby apple, and the fruit has an official name and everything.

That has nothing to do with what the thing ate to go kablooey

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kild posted:

Smiley exploded when he ate the giantfication candy against Caesar's orders.

No It was on Caesar's orders. He was demoing the weapon.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

No It was on Caesar's orders. He was demoing the weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAgCGRj1Qdc

he told em to wait and he did it anyway.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bleck posted:

I was talking about the gigantification candy, not the fruit that Smiley was already imbued with.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It makes no sense to use an extremely valuable devil fruit to kill Smiley anyway.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I was talking about the gigantification candy, not the fruit that Smiley was already imbued with.

Ah, gotcha.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

It makes no sense to use an extremely valuable devil fruit to kill Smiley anyway.

the fruit comes back so you don't lose anything

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://twitter.com/onepiece_games/status/1275005959912468481

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Cavendish never "sleeps" either, he switches personalities. The wiki even classifies his alter ego as fragmented twin.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohF7LoZQXQw

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Cavendish never "sleeps" either, he switches personalities. The wiki even classifies his alter ego as fragmented twin.

Which wiki is "the wiki"?

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

there you go, cavendish is blackbeard. oda does it again

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Blackbeard is three guys on one another's shoulders inside a rubber suit.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think you'll find that all of us really, are Blackbeard at different points in our lives.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Peel posted:

Oda already did that in Enies Lobby.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Peel posted:

To defeat them, Robin will finally have to finish her character arc and become the leg.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Robin will never become the leg, she didn't even do it for Kyros

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Admittedly, the way Kyros is drawn it doesn’t appear that he needs that second leg to stand.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Which wiki is "the wiki"?
This one
https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Hakuba

I guess I got a little off track when I started googling the alter ego's name.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

i am tim! posted:

Admittedly, the way Kyros is drawn it doesn’t appear that he needs that second leg to stand.

Nobody except Diamante even acknowledged he was running and fighting up a mountain with one leg.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

JackDarko posted:

He was going to steal it by killing him and hoping it transferred into his bag full of fruits. It's why he travelled with a big ol sack of fruits I thought?

There was no confirmation it was a bag full of fruits, just a bag he was carrying around. That's potentially the case, but we never saw inside of it.

The design on the bag was all swirly, but that's just a stereotypical thief bag in Japanese media. He literally could have been holding it because Oda was illustrating he was there to steal fruits.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

This is pretty great.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Sub Harrison posted:

Nobody except Diamante even acknowledged he was running and fighting up a mountain with one leg.

They should have seen him when he was a toy; could still walk like he had them both!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Scratchman Apoo posted:

There was no confirmation it was a bag full of fruits, just a bag he was carrying around. That's potentially the case, but we never saw inside of it.

The design on the bag was all swirly, but that's just a stereotypical thief bag in Japanese media. He literally could have been holding it because Oda was illustrating he was there to steal fruits.

yeah ok.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
We’ll probably get the Devil fruit info dump with Vegapunk after this arc, and it’ll probably reveal how Blackbeard is stealing fruits too. How he has more than one will probably be saved for his final fight with Luffy though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i genuinely love how i've been reading this manga for almost a decade and we're still in 'we gotta be seeing vegapunk soon, right?' mode