Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

HOT! New Memes posted:

When stuff like this happens is their any concern that a troll would completely make something up that can’t really be proven false and ruin someone’s career?

It seems like one false anonymous allegation could really destroy someone.

I’m taking all the allegations that come out as fact but it is unnerving how easy it would be to ruin someone’s life if you wanted to

Human Tornado might have done that. He has a bad track record of "joking"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, there IS something working against people making false accusations. You can be sued, charged, have your life ruined, or just take a ton of poo poo. Actively choosing to make a false allegation against someone is a pretty huge decision with a ton of risk. Abuse victims don't tend to get treated with kid gloves or win out easy.

False allegations still certainly happen to some extent or another. Many of them probably fade away quickly due to lack of evidence or no one following up on them past the first whisper. Some probably do to pursue them further. But it doesn't make sense to assume that's the case with most people because the risk and uncertainty taken on someone by making an accusation is a lot more than the choice for someone to deny it.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

In reality though these instances are extremely rare.

That’s what I figured.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rarity posted:

He has used his podcast to platform COVID truthers, flat earthers and Donald Trump Jr, he has followed and liked really sketchy people on Twitter and after George Floyd died he was posting All Lives Matter on his social media platforms.

What the gently caress?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

Even if she was fine with it they still shouldn't have done it because it tells people it's ok to sexually assault people

Agreed and apologies if that didn't come up clear enough in my post. Angles like this need to stop and the Marko Stunt stuff needs to go away. I think he's done something in that vein at least three times that I can recall now. It doesn't matter if that poo poo was acceptable in the 70s and 80s. It shouldn't have been and it sure as hell isn't now.

Red posted:

What the gently caress?

Think of him like a wrestling Joe Rogan. He does the same bullshit.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

About 63 percent of sexual assaults are not reported to police and of those that are about 2 percent are proven to be false so it's basically a non starter.

https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default/files/Publications_NSVRC_Overview_False-Reporting.pdf

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Red posted:

What the gently caress?

That's actually a gentle recap.

Akileese posted:

Think of him like a wrestling Joe Rogan. He does the same bullshit.

The "he's an idiot" thing is bad. He retweeted Matt Schlapp today. There's barely a reason to know who Matt Schlapp is and no reason to be even reading his tweets unless you're one of his alt right CPAC slime. And its not the first time (this month) he's done that with a fringe alt right leader/voice.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 22, 2020

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Jericho has done too much poo poo to still be using the "he's an idiot" excuse.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

STAC Goat posted:

The "he's an idiot" thing is bad. He retweeted Matt Schlapp today. There's barely a reason to know who Matt Schlapp is and no reason to be even reading his tweets unless you're one of his alt right CPAC slime. And its not the first time (this month) he's done that with a fringe alt right leader/voice.

Do you have a link or screenshot?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

collocation posted:

Do you have a link or screenshot?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

HOT! New Memes posted:

When stuff like this happens is their any concern that a troll would completely make something up that can’t really be proven false and ruin someone’s career?

It seems like one false anonymous allegation could really destroy someone.

I’m taking all the allegations that come out as fact but it is unnerving how easy it would be to ruin someone’s life if you wanted to

At least it took forty-two pages for some loving idiot to wander in with this stupid bullshit.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

TYB

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

PantherWill posted:

I've been trying not to imagine what kind of dirty laundry's lurking in puro, if only because I get the feeling that Hiroshi Hase's adventures at the homeless girls' shelter a few months ago probably aren't the first time he's done something like that.

a lot of puro is yakuza connected so we won't hear anything unless there's a bunch of organized crime arrests

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/KabukiBarbie/status/1275125193371987969

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:cripes:

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
One of Scurll's victims has gone public

https://twitter.com/mystickttn/status/1275128410759725058?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress Marty Scurll

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
lol looks like the idiot learned nothing in the years since that happened

wondering what AEW is going to do about Sammy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Justin Roberts, Havoc and Hager should all be fired, no questions asked. What Sammy said is horrendous but I don't know that it's worthy of being outright fired. I'd suspend him and make him go to counseling with the understanding that if he misses a session or fucks up again, he's immediately fired.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

sportsgenius86 posted:

Justin Roberts, Havoc and Hager should all be fired, no questions asked. What Sammy said is horrendous but I don't know that it's worthy of being outright fired. I'd suspend him and make him go to counseling with the understanding that if he misses a session or fucks up again, he's immediately fired.

Since Sammy's clearly not remorseful at all then shitcan him. I wouldn't want to work alongside anyone who'd defend saying that today

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/sammyguevara/status/1275130818353135617?s=21

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

if he thinks that now why did he like that tweet just earlier today

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

perhaps i am a kindly fellow, that gives the benefit of the doubt too much, but i have defintely fat fingered a like or two on tweets while scrolling. if he namesearched and was scrolling along, it could have happened to him. maybe this is unlikely and i am a rube. its possible though.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Re: Saraya Knight and sticking her tongue down an 10/11 year old's throat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJyPpKkRrlU&t=1100s

She's always done this for "getting her heat back" after losing matches and it's always disturbed me. To find out she once did it to a child is loving sick.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i accidentally vote on threads on this website every time i’m phone posting. maybe let’s all just, go for a walk.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its possible it was a mistake. But Sammy's online enough to understand he has to apologize for that now too. And that it makes his entire situation worse and harder to fix than 1 tweet.

We'll see but I don't have high expectations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Question, why do you keep defending these assholes

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WatermelonGun posted:

i accidentally vote on threads on this website every time i’m phone posting. maybe let’s all just, go for a walk.

:chloe:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Question, why do you keep defending these assholes

as you will note from all of my posting in this thread I’m not doing that at all. i just think goons circling for blood is never a good idea and never works out well for anyone. i get being very angry at it, again, if you would read the loving thread you would see my attitude, but I am also very very tired of goons thinking making lists and posting insane amounts of venom is helping anyone or doing anything.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

What I mean is they're conservatives who tend to use platitudes and pandering to get a larger audience for their shows. Jericho is absolutely a loving idiot because he's unable to hide his true politics. I mean come on, no one is having loving Trump Jr on their podcast as a way to 'see both sides'. Dude is an out and out conservative and almost certainly has really lovely politics.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

WatermelonGun posted:

I have voted every thread a 2

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

again, dude who just got here, read the loving thread. I just think turning this thread into one of the many cspam helldumps is a bad idea and if I wanted to post with the lunatics over there, I would.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Akileese posted:

What I mean is they're conservatives who tend to use platitudes and pandering to get a larger audience for their shows. Jericho is absolutely a loving idiot because he's unable to hide his true politics. I mean come on, no one is having loving Trump Jr on their podcast as a way to 'see both sides'. Dude is an out and out conservative and almost certainly has really lovely politics.

Yeah, agreed. Sorry. I misinterpreted the Rogan comparison since most people I've seen use him as a kind of "oh he's harmless guy who just agrees with whatever anyone says" and that's how Jericho was getting defended for awhile. But I agree, dude's made his morals/politics pretty clear if you want to see them. My bad for the confusion.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

if he thinks that now why did he like that tweet just earlier today

He unliked it, for whatever that's worth? Which is probably not much? I think he probably got yelled at pretty bad, hopefully it was enough to open his loving eyes.

Like CJ2 said, if he's hanging around Jericho, Hager and Darby, he's probably hosed. Somebody needs to get him away from them, if it's not already too late.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I somehow missed it, Darby is bad too?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There is nothing helldump about any of this. Just close the thread if you don't like reading people talk badly about the people for what they've said or done. No one is a lunatic for it.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm only able to close the general thread

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Paper Lion posted:

perhaps i am a kindly fellow, that gives the benefit of the doubt too much, but i have defintely fat fingered a like or two on tweets while scrolling. if he namesearched and was scrolling along, it could have happened to him. maybe this is unlikely and i am a rube. its possible though.
He'a accused of sexually assaulting an underage girl, don't give these assholes the benefit of the doubt.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Good point. You can't close the thread. I'm sorry for telling you to close it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Cavauro posted:

There is nothing helldump about any of this. Just close the thread if you don't like reading people talk badly about the people for what they've said or done. No one is a lunatic for it.

everyone is attacking everyone else it’s great