Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Announce Baiken.

And Elphelt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Oh no I don't care about you, I care about the servers at the restaurant.

oh uh, sweet. cool

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

oh uh, sweet. cool

there's a pandemic going on. you're a loving rear end in a top hat if you go out to eat at a sit-down restaurant for any reason

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I badly miss going to restaurants with my girlfriend or with a group of friends or chilling by the lakeside with friends with pitchers of beer in the sun but I'm not loving doing that any time remotely soon, no matter how "open" things are.

When I go out for walks and see outdoor patios packed with people and servers having to navigate it and serve them it just makes me feel incredibly nervous.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

there's a pandemic going on. you're a loving rear end in a top hat if you go out to eat at a sit-down restaurant for any reason

I'm not gonna argue but woof at getting this mad at a stranger

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1275134494446665728?s=20

Really backed the winning horse on this one, huh Ninja

He got paid like six million dollars so he still won lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

30 million

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

precision posted:

I think it comes from Korean pro gamers having simple one word English names like that, but they don't understand why that makes sense for Korean gamers and not for them

In the Starcraft scene the pros change their handles whenever they have a losing streak, are in a slump, or if they just feel like it. It drives the western casters crazy from a branding stand point, but it's not a big deal in Korea since fans know the players by name.

Edit: Some examples are Zerg player ZerO switching to Queen because their heavy Queen unit plays. Horung2 switching to Bingsu as a snub toward fellow Protress Bisu as the words sound the same.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 22, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the whole internet loves alf, a lovely puppet from the 1980s *5 seconds later*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmgxeqNFSSs

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

you did a bad

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Looper posted:

you did a bad

the pizza was alright but I liked the beer

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

typhoid mary-ishly: look all i wanted to do was cook for people is that so much to ask??? didn’t expect these kind of personal attacks

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

Just recently I wanted a new nickname, after making a Twitch account (on the notion of Twitch Prime being available for free with my Amazon stuff), I tried way too hard. Eventually I tried the easy way out (one of them, anyway) by going through that list of silly names from that MST3K episode of Space Mutiny (poo poo like Punch Punch Rockgroin, Blast Hardcheese, Big McLargeHuge and all that stuff), but they were all taken. I was eating some four cheese pizza while doing that, so I'm at Queso McMozzarella, which sounds kinda clever and is so far still unique, but turns out McDonalds tried a McMozzarella once, so I'm hoping people forgot about it. I'm sure as hell not going xXxSomeDudeXxX420 or some poo poo.

I have the best back username but it's only through Steam so I have no formal claims of ownership to it yet. Use it if you need it, I'm releasing it to the pubic domain: GeorgeRRMartinLutherBurgerKingJr

It's the entirely reasonable response. You suck dude, live with and do better.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I find it difficult to be upset at people for doing things they've been explicitly told to do.

gently caress the governments around the world who are putting business before millions of lives.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I've never found it difficult to be upset at people for any reason or circumstance.

Watch me, I'm upset at you. Now I'm not. Now I am. Now I'm not. Now a little, holding, okay now none again. Just give me a reason or don't, I'll pitch a fit any ol time

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Waffleman_ posted:

Announce Baiken.

I'm pretty sure the next character announcement is in august.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Angry Joe's been added to the list of gamer sex monsters (he denies it though). Fuckin' hate that guy.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Chev posted:

it's gonna be Corrin from Fire Emblem

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I mean people are getting put into a pretty lovely catch 22 wrt to the pandemic response. On one hand yeah it's lovely and irresponsible to go out to eat right now but the restaurant staff are also being told to get back to work or starve. As a high risk factor person I have no idea what the gently caress I going to do when the expanded UI runs out and my work stops accommodating my current leave of absence.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DrNutt posted:

I mean people are getting put into a pretty lovely catch 22 wrt to the pandemic response. On one hand yeah it's lovely and irresponsible to go out to eat right now but the restaurant staff are also being told to get back to work or starve. As a high risk factor person I have no idea what the gently caress I going to do when the expanded UI runs out and my work stops accommodating my current leave of absence.

Management wants our office admin gone because she’s still not coming in (we’re still closed to the public) since she’s incredibly high risk and has her doctor telling her in no uncertain times that she should not be coming in Yet. I’m fighting for her every loving day reminding them that this poo poo is far from over and that not three days ago the governor dropped our zip code as a worrisome hotspot on the rise within the state. Motherfuckers are giving to keep pushing for full reopening until people here start literally dying.

If you’re going out to restaurants and putting yourself, your server, and anyone else you and them come into contact every day in danger because you want a beer gently caress YOU.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Management wants our office admin gone because she’s still not coming in (we’re still closed to the public) since she’s incredibly high risk and has her doctor telling her in no uncertain times that she should not be coming in Yet. I’m fighting for her every loving day reminding them that this poo poo is far from over and that not three days ago the governor dropped our zip code as a worrisome hotspot on the rise within the state. Motherfuckers are giving to keep pushing for full reopening until people here start literally dying.

If you’re going out to restaurants and putting yourself, your server, and anyone else you and them come into contact every day in danger because you want a beer gently caress YOU.

that's pretty horrendous management, sorry to hear about that

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I got my name because I watched Videodrome just before signing up for SA and couldn't think of anything better to use. Turns out there's someone else here with an extremely similar username so apologies to them I guess :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Chev posted:

It doesn't have to be if you believe.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Facebook bought Ready at Dawn. Not sure what the plan is there but based on how Google and Amazon have approached game development doesn't raise my expectations for them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/_KOL2/status/1275190251544338433/photo/1

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Facebook bought Ready at Dawn. Not sure what the plan is there but based on how Google and Amazon have approached game development doesn't raise my expectations for them
oculus, they made lone echo which is enduringly one of the most popular games on the rift

al-azad
May 28, 2009

stev posted:

Angry Joe's been added to the list of gamer sex monsters (he denies it though). Fuckin' hate that guy.

You don’t rock a mustache like that and not be a sex pest.

E: oh wow it’s been a long time since I’ve seen him, he’s evolved into young(er) Jeff Gerstmann with full goatee and spiked tips.

Also lol at lawyering up. My friend, a defense attorney, loves joking about how defamation suits are the stupidest idea ever and only ever taken up by lawyers because they’re easy money to siphon from egomaniacs.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 23, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Does the PS3 have any good exclusives left other than MGS4?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tokyo jungle, trash panic

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Gripweed posted:

Noby Noby Boy, Tokyo Jungle, Demon’s Souls (for now anyway), NieR:Replicant kind of counts?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gripweed posted:

a ton, without thinking about it too hard, tokyo jungle, noby noby boy, folklore, the siren remake, 3d dot game heroes I think?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1275155536237887488?s=19

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Drakengard 3, provided you play it on the emulator, where it actually runs.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you like Anime, there's hella good PS3 imports, also. multiple good macross games that of course never came out over here

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I like anime.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gripweed posted:

White Knight Chronicles 2 is a JRPG I will white knight for to my grave.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I like anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcMU0IVufF4

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I can honestly say I never heard of Mixer before today which goes a long way to explaining why they're shutting down.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
put the siren remake on steam, and also, siren 1 and 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

oh poo poo it's an original story. Is it better than Macross Delta?