Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Peppermint crisp is where it’s at though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

hambeet posted:

I buy a Mars on the odd occasion when they’re $1 at the Coles checkout.

That and "educator who needs a bribe to make their class of students/workshop attendees pay attention" or "desperate parent entertaining large group of children" makes up most of the purchases of that kind of chocolate, according to my reckonomics

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mattjpwns posted:

Allen's just announced on Facebook that they're changing the name of Redskins and Chicos lollies (new names TBA) and conservatives are losing their minds.
Nice

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Laserface posted:

yeah it still blows my mind though. I never think to ever buy a mars bar, its extemely low tier chocolate. who are these people? what are their lives like that a Mars bar is what they go to for a pick me up?

Hey all. Leftist proletariat here. NOT a bougie fuckhead haha. Anyway, MARS BARS? who buys these things? Next you'll tell me people actually buy and consume sausages instead of rib eye fillet.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Laserface posted:

yeah it still blows my mind though. I never think to ever buy a mars bar, its extemely low tier chocolate. who are these people? what are their lives like that a Mars bar is what they go to for a pick me up?

it's a loving chocolate bar

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Snickers is the superior poo poo tier chocolate bar. Followed closely by the Chokito.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I'm not a fan of chocolate bars unless there's some interesting texture. Kit Kats, Time Outs, Twirls, etc. Twix are pretty good. Mars bars suck because they are just soft all the way through. Snickers suck because the peanuts aren't salted

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't buy any sweets because they're bad for you.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Laserface posted:

You piece of poo poo

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
My favourite comment in the whole Allen's thread is "You should make featureless, soft mayonnaise flavoured lollies and call them Racists"

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

The Before Times posted:

I'm not a fan of chocolate bars unless there's some interesting texture. Kit Kats, Time Outs, Twirls, etc. Twix are pretty good. Mars bars suck because they are just soft all the way through. Snickers suck because the peanuts aren't salted

I'm not sure if you've ever noticed this but mars bars have a solid chocolate coating. It's around the soft part. ALso caramel has a different texture to nougat.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Before Times posted:

peppermint crisps i tell ya

or choc mint twirl.

look anything with chocolate and mint is high up there on the order of chocolate bars

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also twirls are just chocolate coated flakes.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

I don't buy any sweets because they're bad for you.

Look at this guy who isn't eating to cope.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

hambeet posted:

peppermint crisps i tell ya

or choc mint twirl.

look anything with chocolate and mint is high up there on the order of chocolate bars

are you my mum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

while not confident on most things, i'm pretty sure i'm not

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Howard would totally be a Summer Roll kind of guy I reckon.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

hooman posted:

Look at this guy who isn't eating to cope.

My weakness is savoury. I don't buy cheese much either because I'll eat a wheel in ten minutes if you leave me with it.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Peppermint crisps are like biting into glass

In a not entirely unpleasant way.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

crunchies vs violet crumble

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Kit Kat Chunkys are the best imo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amethyst posted:

Peppermint crisps are like biting into glass

In a not entirely unpleasant way.

I find they're not as bad anymore? I think the recipe must have changed.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

mars bars are good deep fried or frozen

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amethyst posted:

Kit Kat Chunkys are the best imo

They're pretty good I'll admit that. Although they got rid of the one I liked that had three different flavours in each chunk?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

My weakness is savoury. I don't buy cheese much either because I'll eat a wheel in ten minutes if you leave me with it.

Oh my god, a nice soft blue, with crackers. Yeah I don't buy cheese or chocolate when I shop.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Underrated bar: curly wurly

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bell jar posted:

mars bars are good deep fried or frozen

i've not had a fried one in ages.. but the ice cream mars are loving gold. a summer or two back i did a stint at a small local not for profit and i bought ice cream mars bars on the hotter days to share with the team.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

hambeet posted:

crunchies vs violet crumble

don't ask gaspy

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Amethyst posted:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Amethyst posted:

Hey all. Leftist proletariat here. NOT a bougie fuckhead haha. Anyway, MARS BARS? who buys these things? Next you'll tell me people actually buy and consume sausages instead of rib eye fillet.

Mars bars are poo poo because they are poo poo not because I think they are what poors buy you colossal fuckwit.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amethyst posted:

what's the appeal? i've not had one in ages

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Amethyst posted:

At high school we'd buy a curly wurly and a chomp and put them back to back so you eat them at the same time. It was called a churly, tasted p good

anidavshalom
Jun 10, 2020

Laserface posted:

You disgust me.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hambeet posted:

Howard would totally be a Summer Roll kind of guy I reckon.

Summer roll, honey nougat log, and seasame bar are all good

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Laserface posted:

Mars bars are poo poo because they are poo poo not because I think they are what poors buy you colossal fuckwit.

I've got your number. YOu superciliously walk past the mars bars and snickers to the section where they stock garbage like Terry's Chocolate Orange and Green & Blacks Dessicated Gojiberry block before leaning down to grab the Lindt 85% dark fuckhead bar.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Breakfast Burrito posted:

At high school we'd buy a curly wurly and a chomp and put them back to back so you eat them at the same time. It was called a churly, tasted p good

That's a great idea

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

GoldStandardConure posted:

Dutton is totally white chocolate.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

GoldStandardConure posted:

A list of things I'd never spend money on when I was standing near chocolate bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

bar with bad branding and a dubious concept that is actually really good: Cadbury Marvellous Creations Jelly Popping Candy.

hambeet posted:

what's the appeal? i've not had one in ages

they are fun to chew and the caramel flavour is unique. Try refrigerated and unrefrigerated