Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:siren: Whoop Whoop Whoop! (Chapter 193 Speedscans by CN) :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kaguya Has Already Been Confessed To: The Geniuses' Shipping War over their Kouhai's Love Interests

Alternative title: All Under the Heavens May Change, But Maki x Suffering Is Eternal

Catpetter1981 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 23, 2020

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
so

is the best solution here maki x iino?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Relationships may change, narrative threads may evolve, and the war that is love may erupt in differing forms.

But amongst all this change, Maki always suffers.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
That is such a satisfying setup for further Warring of Love and Brains.

Aka spoils us.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Poltergrift posted:

That is such a satisfying setup for further Warring of Love and Brains.

Aka spoils us.

Going back to our roots.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Enough of the drama, it's time for mindgames! :getin:

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Ain't reading until Jaimini's version. Here's something funny I found on Twitter
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm37066788

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Ain't reading until Jaimini's version. Here's something funny I found on Twitter
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm37066788
What's that spoofing?

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Touhou Project, which also has a Kaguya and a Fujiwara

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/kaguya-wants-to-be-confessed-to/en/0/193/page/1

kaguya and shirogane are so cute.

poor maki...

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
This is quite possibly the best romantic couple I've seen in romcoms nowadays. We've got actual communication here.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Oh poo poo we're going back to the manga's roots!

Love is War again!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad Iino has a friend.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I'm surprised Shirogane didn't chirp in when Maki mentions that she's afraid people wouldn't like her real personality. "Hey, Kaguya felt that way too and look at her!"

That ending though. God this couple is the best :unsmith:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

On a separate note Aka's other manga Oshi no ko is going places and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Was planning to even make a thread for it before, you know, Lowtax happened again. Maybe if these dead forums manage to stay not dead for a while longer I'll go do that but for now I'm just mentioning it here instead.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

That was a really good chapter! The conversation that Kaguya and Shirogane had was proper and concise. No flailing or fidgeting about or running away. I'm excited to see what happens when each of them give it their all.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Oshi No Ko is some wild stuff! This latest chapter though, that's a rough one. It's kind of weird to see Aka writing what's basically a normal manga, albeit a manga with a crazy premise.

I'm also excited to see Love is War move on to the proxy war stage.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well, they've been dating for... crap, over a year of chapters now? (it's been since Christmas and now it's like late February-early March, so a couple of in-universe months IIRC?)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Well, they've been dating for... crap, over a year of chapters now? (it's been since Christmas and now it's like late February-early March, so a couple of in-universe months IIRC?)
We haven't hit Valentines Day yet. Five weeks.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
drat that's right, Valentine's is bound to make for some fun developments involving both the Kaguya/Shirogana pair and the Ishigami love triangle.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
If the Ishigami love triangle isn't resolved before Valentine's day, it'll be resolved on Valentine's day.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

SpacePig posted:

If the Ishigami love triangle isn't resolved before Valentine's day, it'll be resolved on Valentine's day.

No way, it revolves around the boy.

White Day.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

On a separate note Aka's other manga Oshi no ko is going places and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Was planning to even make a thread for it before, you know, Lowtax happened again. Maybe if these dead forums manage to stay not dead for a while longer I'll go do that but for now I'm just mentioning it here instead.

It's really good and I'm super invested into it now

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Super Jay Mann posted:

Make the thread. Jeffrey of YOSPOS is King.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Yawgmoft posted:

White Day.

Is that when the cherry blossoms bloom?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Yawgmoft posted:

White Day.

Ishigami will know his choice by the end of Valentine's Day. We as readers will find out for certain on White Day.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is that when the cherry blossoms bloom?

It's when boys are obligated to give chocolates or other gifts to the girls that give them chocolate on Valentine's Day. If Ishigami gets chocolates + a confesson from both girls on V Day, the logical 'time to think it over and respond' response time would be White Day.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
For the record, the custom of girls giving chocolate on Valentines Day and also the entire concept of White Day were made up wholesale by Japanese candy companies.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'm trying to remember the chapter where Ishigami was telling Tsubame facts about cherry blossoms and when's the best time to see them bloom, which was in March iirc. And there was some misunderstanding about a decision that I can't recall the details of at the moment.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oshi no Ko is great and I really want to have a thread about it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's pretty impressive how different Instant Bullet, Kaguya, and Oshi No Ko are on top of them all being good. Aka's got a lot of range.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Super Jay Mann posted:

:justpost:

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
Pivoting towards the Geniuses' Proxy War of Love and Bakarains is pretty clever.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

They have 8 or 9 months until the school year starts at Stanford. They have to fill the time with something.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mraagvpeine posted:

They have 8 or 9 months until the school year starts at Stanford. They have to fill the time with something.

9 months is enough time to make a baby. I'm surprised they aren't doing that given how thirsty they both are.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I caught up with Oshi no Ko and holy poo poo were those last chapters a ride. I am completely strapped in now.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Catpetter1981 posted:

9 months is enough time to make a baby. I'm surprised they aren't doing that given how thirsty they both are.

Can't steal Kashiwagi's arc.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Folt The Bolt posted:

Oshi no Ko is great and I really want to have a thread about it.

Fine, fine, have at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

We're getting a break between Chapter 194 and 195, and then another break between Chapter 195 and 196. They sure don't make the potential free week given to them by the Olympics to go to waste (even if the Olympics are getting delayed).