Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Lone Goat posted:

Had this exchange with my friend the other day, thought you'd appreciate it

Now get your friend into Adventure Capitalist and just completely blow their mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm having a total brain fart day today. If it takes me 20 hours in NGU to get to the next adventure zone, it's probably more time efficient to just sit in there and grind the gear rather than rebirth and get to it in 19 hours or so the next day right?

I've got like a 3% drop rate in metaland and enough stats to idle it, so my hunch is 24 hours of doing that at the expense of exp and level gain for better gear is the smarter move.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I haven't played NGU for a long while (came back to 223 days since last rebirth) and last time I played there was a handy calculator for where and how to spend my XP, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I have 173,000 XP stored up and am fairly early in the game still (i left around the time i unlocked wandoos and NGU)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jon Joe posted:

I haven't played NGU for a long while (came back to 223 days since last rebirth) and last time I played there was a handy calculator for where and how to spend my XP, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I have 173,000 XP stored up and am fairly early in the game still (i left around the time i unlocked wandoos and NGU)

There's this one which is E/M (a bit out of date I think but it helped me early on) and then there's also this one that has tons of tabs for basically every facet of the game.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Kin posted:

I'm having a total brain fart day today. If it takes me 20 hours in NGU to get to the next adventure zone, it's probably more time efficient to just sit in there and grind the gear rather than rebirth and get to it in 19 hours or so the next day right?

I've got like a 3% drop rate in metaland and enough stats to idle it, so my hunch is 24 hours of doing that at the expense of exp and level gain for better gear is the smarter move.
Assuming you mean 20 hours in AT: the meta armor isn't much better than the nerd set stat-wise until it's all maxed. It might be worth grabbing the accessories and just going back to regular 24h RBs for a week or so, get that beard and exp growth, rack up PP in the meantime

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Arzaac posted:

The only idle game on android that's held my interest for long is Idle Skilling. It's a fun game that just keeps unfolding into more and more subgames the manage and poke at.

It's also largely the game's biggest detriment, because you never really get QoL features to reduce the burden of all the subgames, so you'll always have to manage your garden/pets/alchemy/crafting. But if you don't mind that it's honestly a lot of fun.

Idle Skilling is fun but the dev is really weird. He hates doing bug fixes and a lot of QoL stuff and it kind of burned me out. I had mostly hit the end of the content but the stuff that I had not hit was mostly due to bugs/etc (Spelunking, lol) that the dev will never, ever fix.

For the past 6 months he has been working on some secret project that he is going to announce eventually which is probably Idle Skilling 2 or something?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Looks like this dumb rear end announcement he's been sitting on and talking about for 6 months is going to be a phone only thingymadoo

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Armory and Machine 2 is out on iOS and got a big patch on Android

Only about 20 minutes into it now so haven’t formed any real opinions yet.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Dragongem posted:

Idle Skilling is fun but the dev is really weird. He hates doing bug fixes and a lot of QoL stuff and it kind of burned me out. I had mostly hit the end of the content but the stuff that I had not hit was mostly due to bugs/etc (Spelunking, lol) that the dev will never, ever fix.

For the past 6 months he has been working on some secret project that he is going to announce eventually which is probably Idle Skilling 2 or something?

Dude's pretty young, like 18 or something so I cut him some slack here. Not on the not fixing bugs thing, but on how he blogs about the game and all. Not easy to deal with the kind of attention developers get.

maseca
Mar 18, 2017

hello 4g i am playing your funny game :-)

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

maseca posted:

hello 4g i am playing your funny game :-)

join the chat we own.

unless you suck then don't

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Fool posted:

Armory and Machine 2 is out on iOS and got a big patch on Android

Only about 20 minutes into it now so haven’t formed any real opinions yet.

Am I missing a mechanic or is this grindy as gently caress?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

I stopped playing once I finished the repair drone(ship?) research because it appeared to get far worse from there in terms of grind.

A shame because the sustain mechanic was kinda interesting.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

skull mask mcgee posted:

I stopped playing once I finished the repair drone(ship?) research because it appeared to get far worse from there in terms of grind.

A shame because the sustain mechanic was kinda interesting.

I think that's where I am. In order to go on explorations I need 500k power and I make a little under 600 a second. To increase that I have to funnel power into a research that's 800k total

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Len posted:

Am I missing a mechanic or is this grindy as gently caress?

You’re implying that’s a bad thing?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Oodles posted:

You’re implying that’s a bad thing?

It's an active grindy as gently caress

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

finally unlocked cards :toot:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm actually digging Armory and Machine 2, it gets less manually grindy once you really start cranking out the JrBots and can upgrade sustain levels to a decent amount. I wish there was a way to see on every screen if I'm in an energy defect though, I like the idea of moving the sliders around to prioritize certain things but it's kinda hard to tell if I'm cutting something else off because I allocated too much energy to, say, research without flipping back to the other tab and seeing if my steel/matter production stopped.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
Regarding NGU: I've been doing a few challenges over the weekend, and I 've racked up a bunch of AP. Now I'm wondering what my next purchase should be (I have the Improved Loot Filter and the 1/2 Auto Merge Timer upgrade). The newbie guide on the wiki suggests getting the Yellow Heart and sticking it in daycare - is that actually a worthwhile use of AP (I've just gotten to where I can manually kill enemies in Beardverse)? I was also considering either a second beard slot or saving up a little more for a fourth accessory slot. Any thoughts there?

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

Cockmaster posted:

Regarding NGU: I've been doing a few challenges over the weekend, and I 've racked up a bunch of AP. Now I'm wondering what my next purchase should be (I have the Improved Loot Filter and the 1/2 Auto Merge Timer upgrade). The newbie guide on the wiki suggests getting the Yellow Heart and sticking it in daycare - is that actually a worthwhile use of AP (I've just gotten to where I can manually kill enemies in Beardverse)? I was also considering either a second beard slot or saving up a little more for a fourth accessory slot. Any thoughts there?

Lvl 100 yellow heart gives +20% bonus to all AP gains, also from challenges. Investing AP to get more AP. I think it's the best AP-item to buy for this reason.

Edit: I also just finished 7th troll challenge. Yay me!

Zteuer fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 21, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://ksamim.github.io/

How does the thread feel about Otters?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
they killed my mom

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's uhhh....fine? Feels like another kittens game esque clicker, with nothing too special going on.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ottergame is cute but it's really short. I played to the end of content last year sometime and it only took me a couple hours to reach to current end of content.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

https://ksamim.github.io/

How does the thread feel about Otters?

It says I start out with a shrimp farm but I'm not making food.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
+1 from the Farm, -1 from the Otter.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Any browser game recommendations for just leaving open in a second monitor and (very) occasionally checking in and clicking a few things? I like Cookie Clicker but I don't like that at some point you more or less need to be "actively" playing by clicking the golden cookies to make any meaningful advancement.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Manuel Calavera posted:

Wait til you get to the Exile...:laugh:
I'm sitting here having just unlocked The Beast and all this talk of the late game worries me.

Oh well, I won't see it for a year anyway.

Also, I just unlocked The Beast and according to the Wiki I can idle it on Easy mode L1, but when I select The Beast in the menu I fight the Normal L2 version and it one-hits me and swats me away like a fly. How do I fight the Easy L1 version?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Before you die, click the button on the right that says "Easy".

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jabor posted:

Before you die, click the button on the right that says "Easy".
Thanks! The first time it killed me so fast I never saw it.

Just beat it and got gear and sigil. Yay!

Hahaha using the Sigil boosted the NGUs so some of them don't have dropoffs oh me oh my.

Pope Guilty posted:

Now get your friend into Adventure Capitalist and just completely blow their mind.
I play NGU on my laptop and am now playing AdVenture Communist on my phone. And Egg Inc. Almost finished Egg but AdVenture Communist I just picked up two weeks ago so I have a lot of number go up ahead of me.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 23, 2020

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

dantheman650 posted:

Any browser game recommendations for just leaving open in a second monitor and (very) occasionally checking in and clicking a few things? I like Cookie Clicker but I don't like that at some point you more or less need to be "actively" playing by clicking the golden cookies to make any meaningful advancement.
Melvor Idle has been filling this role for me for a couple of months.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Ghostlight posted:

Melvor Idle has been filling this role for me for a couple of months.

Whoa, haven't heard of this one. It's visually appealing at the very least. What's the concensus? Looks pretty neat!

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Garfu posted:

Whoa, haven't heard of this one. It's visually appealing at the very least. What's the concensus? Looks pretty neat!

My understanding is that it is missing some cross-skill synergies that made leveling a little smoother in RS. As it is right now I can say that skill training slows massively towards the last 20 or so levels of every skill. Not really a huge issue but something to keep in mind. Also combat (and as such, all the combat related skills) isn't offline-able; you can have it to the point you can safely idle some enemies with the game minimized but until much later you have to tab back to claim drops since there's a limited temporary inventory for them, something that is fixed by a mid-to-late-game item.

So basically all the non-combat can be idled even offline, combat is active for the most part and sort-of tabbed-out idled later. If you want to just mess around with a simple idle game that has a LOT of things to bring to max level, it's not bad.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Garfu posted:

Nothing happens. It needed to have some better connection between the dungeon crawling parts of it and the gathering, because as is, you just grind the gathering up to 99 and use maybe 1/20th of the things you can make.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hello 4g. I am a fan of your video game, it is really good. I have been playing it for a long time. Again, it is really good. I would like to have a discord title as well, that would be really good too. Thank you for making a good game.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I wanted to start Mine Defense again, but every tab other than the main screen (stuff like stats, but more importantly also mages) appears to have a horribly broken stylesheet in both Firefox and Chrome. Is that site hosed up for anyone else?

edit: somehow it works in IE, is Mine Defense like, in Flash or something and "better" browers are just refusing to load it?
edit2: turns out it's an automatic https redirect, if anyone else hits this, remove the s from the url, I found this fix on the mine defense subreddit that thankfully is linked right below the game

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I wanted to start Mine Defense again, but every tab other than the main screen (stuff like stats, but more importantly also mages) appears to have a horribly broken stylesheet in both Firefox and Chrome. Is that site hosed up for anyone else?

edit: somehow it works in IE, is Mine Defense like, in Flash or something and "better" browers are just refusing to load it?
edit2: turns out it's an automatic https redirect, if anyone else hits this, remove the s from the url, I found this fix on the mine defense subreddit that thankfully is linked right below the game

isn't this like your fifth time? it's a good game tho

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Synergism v1.01 update is out (EXPORT YOUR SAVE FIRST)

use code for free stuff:: anticipation

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 24, 2020

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Zotix posted:

Hello 4g. I am a fan of your video game, it is really good. I have been playing it for a long time. Again, it is really good. I would like to have a discord title as well, that would be really good too. Thank you for making a good game.

it's wild how good NGU is

like, if i opened it tomorrow and it said "NGU is no longer free, please pay sixty dollars", i wouldn't think twice

but i also don't want to actively pay money because the progression is so well-done and i don't want it to end too soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Lone Goat posted:

Synergism v1.01 update is out (EXPORT YOUR SAVE FIRST)

use code for free stuff:: anticipation

Link to patch notes before I refresh? I’m just grinding end game expensive research and runes right now.