Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
They are not resetting saves ever most likely. They might advise starting a new one at 1.0 but even then that's more of a progression balance thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I've also held off for a few months now. I'll probably reset my own save when the game fully releases.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Cinara posted:

They are not resetting saves ever most likely. They might advise starting a new one at 1.0 but even then that's more of a progression balance thing.

Yeah, in the Noclip doc they said they recommend restarting at 1.0 so you can get the whole story experience in the intended order, which I plan to do, though I might just toss on God Mode if I'm not feeling grinding it out again--though I don't think that'll be a problem.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I'm actually really hoping they sort out Hell mode by 1.0, as it's a good excuse as any to swap to it but its past few iterations of "Identical but for one normal-ish pact of punishment" aren't cutting it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I swear Athena and Artemis' legendaries do not exist. I've maxed out their heirlooms trying and they just will not show up even though I'm taking the right tier 2 boons every run.

I did finally get Hermes' legendary without ever buying his Styx boon. I bet if you can get that plus Artemis' legendary and her other cast boons it's pretty crazy.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Oh yea, I've had that happen with Hermes&Atremis. It's total overkill, and no run will ever be as good and you'll be chasing that Unicorn forever...

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
https://twitter.com/SupergiantGames/status/1275075018683109383

Though I have to admit that at this point I'm considering just starting over once 1.0 has been released.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Do we have any idea of how many big patches would be left between this one and 1.0?

Apollo, Hera, and Hephaestus are still missing!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I think I remember the dev roadmap being an option on the game's main menu, but I'm not where I can check now to be sure it's still there. No idea how close we are to release at this point.

I'm guessing our boy Charon is getting voiced dialogue, if he's the main character focus for this update. Although if they wrote him an intricate story but it's still all conveyed through 'Rrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh' while Zag reacts to him as if he was speaking in full sentences, that would be so hilarious that I couldn't even be mad.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

Do we have any idea of how many big patches would be left between this one and 1.0?

Apollo, Hera, and Hephaestus are still missing!
At the time of Nighty Night the plan was for 1.0 to release in late 2020, I don't think they've altered this plan publicly (they probably want to release in time for Christmas). Whether that's 3-6 small updates or 1-2 big ones... they will probably announce a week after this update comes out.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Is there a particular time previous patches have gone out?

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Supergiant said on Twitter that they didn’t have a timeline but, in the past, updates have gone through at approximately 11am PST.

I guess it’s submitted to steam and pending distribution? idk!

rbakervv
Apr 1, 2008

For the Emperor!!
New Patch is out.

Patch notes are here:
https://www.supergiantgames.com/blog/hades-updates/

Highlights

• New Boss Fight: see if you can find this dangerous new encounter, and reap the rewards
• New Legendary Aspects: discover the hidden forms of the Bow, Shield, and Rail
• New Foes and Mini-bosses: face the Wretched Sneak, Dracon, Doomstone, and more
• New Boons & Upgrades: gain dozens of new powers, including Duo Boons for each Olympian pairing
• New Goods in Stock: look for many new items from Charon and the House Contractor
• New Art & Visual Effects: bask in the atmosphere, with newly added character models and animations
• Expanded Story: experience new narrative events for nearly every single character in the game
• Updated Code Base: our newly optimized game engine offers smoother performance for many players

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona

quote:

-Rush Delivery (Hermes): new! Deal bonus damage based on any bonus move speed

I am hype as gently caress for this update just so I can play around with this. Zipping around with Hermes movespeed boons is one of my favorite ways to play out a run and if this bonus damage is noticeable I can think of a few ways to make this nutty.

ETA: Oh my god this patch is so good. Being able to buy a guaranteed fishing spot from the well is amazing.

Sab Sabbington fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 23, 2020

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

quote:

The Exalted: increased damage for Brightswords, Greatshields, and Strongbows

*internal screaming intensifies*

quote:

• Anvil of Fates: new! Removes one random Daedalus Hammer enchantment, then gives you two

I really really like this. Should help even out runs where I’m trying for a specific hammer upgrade that I just can’t seem to roll

Gato The Elder fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 23, 2020

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
After three months I am a bit rusty, but it's almost impossible to lose a no-heat run all the same. I'm looking forward to continuing to climb the heat ladder, I kind of eased off at around 10 for most weapons but would like to get back to it. For now I just unlocked the new bow aspect but haven't taken it out for a run yet. Feels like the Arthur equivalent for the bow, I guess? Slow and heavy. Not generally my choice of playstyle but we'll see.

Nice to have some new enemies, and the performance in Lernie's chamber seems massively improved.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Haha, secret aspect for the rail turns it into a laser gun. Course it would.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Having just played through a run, did they improve the effect of Poseidon knockback on bosses? I swear it affects them way more now, to the point where it was a reasonable amount of damage on the final boss.

Other than that, a bunch of the changes seem great. Just unlocked the Beowulf shield and this seems like exactly my jam.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Nothing clever to say here, just stoked to have an excuse to play the game again after being stuck at 12 heat or so, similar to Glare.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
me: i know they're going to update charon at some point but his placeholder look is actually appropriate for him
new charon: hhhhh
me: gently caress that's really good

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

me: i know they're going to update charon at some point but his placeholder look is actually appropriate for him
new charon: hhhhh
me: gently caress that's really good

I keep looking at him and see an undead gunslinger to be honest.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
Just one spray keeps bad karma away!

Caidin posted:

I keep looking at him and see an undead gunslinger to be honest.

For about 1 second before I read the patchnotes, the silhouette for Charon made me think of Odin. Got that vibe about him. Even one eye.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I kind of wish the game didn't introduce companions so late because I've had Skely's for several runs now and have not once remembered to use it.

It doesn't help that I only need it for Hades who I fight in a state of constant animal panic.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
New patch is good. The performance seems a lot more stable, not that I was having much issues before. I have mixed feelings about some of the new rooms. There are some kind of bullshit trap configurations in some of them. The new bullet hell room in Asphodel was a big pain in the rear end. In general though, it's good to feel off balance again with hundreds of runs in the bag at this point.

I haven't found the new aspect yet. Is there a trick to unlocking?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

New patch is good. The performance seems a lot more stable, not that I was having much issues before. I have mixed feelings about some of the new rooms. There are some kind of bullshit trap configurations in some of them. The new bullet hell room in Asphodel was a big pain in the rear end. In general though, it's good to feel off balance again with hundreds of runs in the bag at this point.

I haven't found the new aspect yet. Is there a trick to unlocking?

I got the phrase to unlock the rail aspect from Zeus, and the one of the shield aspect from Chaos

I'm not crazy about the new rail aspect but I did get the Aphrodite weapon boon, the +dmg to Weak foes boon, and the faster damage ramp-up Hammer upgrade and that was pretty crazy. Not quite sure how you're supposed to use the special though. After I put a boon on it, it basically blew up like the normal special after I launched it - I didn't have to shoot it first.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i just started playing this last week and the aspect of Arthur rules.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

I got the phrase to unlock the rail aspect from Zeus, and the one of the shield aspect from Chaos

I'm not crazy about the new rail aspect but I did get the Aphrodite weapon boon, the +dmg to Weak foes boon, and the faster damage ramp-up Hammer upgrade and that was pretty crazy. Not quite sure how you're supposed to use the special though. After I put a boon on it, it basically blew up like the normal special after I launched it - I didn't have to shoot it first.

The special on the Rails hidden aspect is basically a little powder keg that will explode if any attack touches it, or I guess if you launch another and already have three laying around. It's sort of handy since you can set them up as enemies are spawning in.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona
I absolutely love the new Rail aspect, if you hate being able to see things grab any AOE special boon and Artemis' boon that fires an arrow whenever you attack, it loving rules.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Bow aspect unlock is from Artemis

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Did they add new hammer upgrades with this patch?

I just got the rail 1 target bounce upgrade which made my Hestia run hilariously simple. Never saw that one despite running Hestia rail on the regular.

e. Patch summary does say new upgrades.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 24, 2020

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
I dont know if they added something because I cant read.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think this is what you're "supposed to" do with the new bow aspect.

1. Buff the hell out of your special and use it on little things and/or when you're not safe. You can hold the special button down like it was the gun or the gloves attack. I repeat, you can just hold the button down! Support fire works great.
2. If everything in the room is already marked with your special and you have some breathing room and the biggest enemy is slow and you can get a clear, safe shot off at it and it has enough life left to justify it, try the attack.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
So I managed to find the new "secret" boss fight. That was a surprise! It would have been a fun fight too except I was using the new bow aspect and, like a dummy, I took the hammer buff that gives you 200% damage with a slow charge time. God drat the main attack is waaaaay too loving slow like that. If you find 10 seconds to stand around charging then it hits like a truck, but still holy poo poo. Does anyone know if you get to keep the reward you get at the end of the fight across runs? I'm assuming you lose it at game over, but I had to break mid-run so I didn't get to test it.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

You don’t keep it, but it’s appeared in every(?) run since I first did the fight.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I generally don't like how slow the hidden aspects of most weapons tend to be. Even a slight change in weapon timing matters a lot in a game that puts so much emphasis on agility with so few opportunities to regain health.

Also, did I just get much worse at this or did they improve enemy AI a bit? Elysium archers seem way more dangerous and the witches seem to take cover a lot more.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i beat up charon. take that you weirdo!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
My first Rama run I almost immediately got Dionysus special, more special shots hammer, and epic special speed from Hermes. Everything else was gravy on top of that. My fastest clear by several minutes since everything but bosses just melted. :stare:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jun 25, 2020

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

One change I am not into is that enemy wave attacks seem much... fainter? Harder to see, that is. Half transparent. I'm getting hit by a lot of Wavemakers and Greatshields just for not seeing their wave attacks coming.

I'm looking forward to loading up the Beowulf shield with Festive Fog later today.

BrianWilly posted:

Also, did I just get much worse at this or did they improve enemy AI a bit? Elysium archers seem way more dangerous and the witches seem to take cover a lot more.

Yeah I noticed that too about the archers. I think they've been given a melee attack? Maybe I was imagining it amidst the chaos.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

uber_stoat posted:

i beat up charon. take that you weirdo!

same. but i was left on my last life with very little health and was not expecting to get dumped straight into the witches miniboss fight immediately upon picking up the reward. rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Glare Seethe posted:

I'm looking forward to loading up the Beowulf shield with Festive Fog later today.

Update: it's great. As is loading it up with basically any good cast upgrade, to be fair. Only thing is on heat 12 and with Beowulf's extra 15% damage taken I really need to rethink my Pact conditions cause bumping Benefits Package that high up was a bad, bad idea. It is, however, nice to actually die again in this game, because for a good few months there, once I got competent and on <10 heat levels it became really tough to lose a run.