Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

goblin week posted:

That’s too many games what do I choose

earthbound's pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I will confess, back when I emulated snes games I always turned on the hideous filters that round out the pixels or whatever

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YwRaM1uVCk

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

"Super Mario World" is pretty good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help Im Alive posted:

If it were good I'd think I'd have heard of it by now

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

mario is cancelled, we don't talk about him anymore

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Super Mario World? Heh, that's for babies. You wanna be a real gamer....you gotta get a little....*Looks to both sides and leans in* Kaizo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3d8aqP8uio

This one seems worse than the other

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

mario is cancelled, we don't talk about him anymore

What did he do

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

they're both really bad

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

they're both really bad

Yeah but the other seems more interestingly so

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i always thought this was the better of the two, but only because i was a pc kid and snes mechwarrior was baby poo poo compared to the real thing. this game is kind of just a bad desert strike ripoff though

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

always wanted to know what was in that bright yellow bottle when the bartender pours you a drink. is it piss? do people in the battletech universe drink piss?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The upcoming Bugsnax is a spiritual successor to Ape Escape I hear

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

this feels like a take you're just bringing out for a test drive now and haven't really thought through

There's something there, i can feel it... but

homeless snail posted:

its not the witness, its a game about computer programming lmao

absolutely falls under the umbrella of both english and programming language being languages the game is literally about so bing bong

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

always wanted to know what was in that bright yellow bottle when the bartender pours you a drink. is it piss? do people in the battletech universe drink piss?

The first thing I think, whenever I see kids at a lemonade stand, is “why are they selling piss”

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's limoncello, because everyone in the Battletech universe is actually Italian

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Just finished TLOU2 without being spoiled (apart from something that happens close to the start) at all. I did this by staying off the internet while I was playing it. My main criticism of it is that I felt like I needed to walk around every room and look in every shelf, I'd walk around hugging one wall, then hug every table/shelf in the middle of the room/etc. Not doing this would have made me miss out on entire skill trees/pieces of equipment/weapons. I got annoyed by being railroaded a few times (if you haven't completely searched a room/area, then you open a door, often you will cutscene-walk through the door and you can't go back through it, so anything you missed in the previous room/area is not gettable any more). So I'm spoiler-marking this but I will keep it vague so it's mostly safe to mouse over: I loved the new character.. I think it was a great game overall, but, I want to play FF7R again on hard, and I did want to as soon as I finished it on normal. I want to play TLOU2 again on a harder difficulty, but, not this year. I can wait.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

How old is this game?

2008, with a sister mmorpg in 2012 called Pirate101. From some small glances I took at the subreddits for each game, it seems like Wizard101 still receives updates and Pirate101 is no longer receiving any story content and may very well be on its way out.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i think that's only one of the takes i've heard about the game that basically focuses so narrowly on a few minor videogame things about it and ends with a desire for repeating it for the challenge parts of gameplay bits i thought were just glue for the story.

mostly im surprised you apparently played a completionist style but didn't notice or take any points off for the total laughable and unforgiveable shitshow with the state qurters.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

redreader posted:

Just finished TLOU2 without being spoiled (apart from something that happens close to the start) at all. I did this by staying off the internet while I was playing it. My main criticism of it is that I felt like I needed to walk around every room and look in every shelf, I'd walk around hugging one wall, then hug every table/shelf in the middle of the room/etc. Not doing this would have made me miss out on entire skill trees/pieces of equipment/weapons. I got annoyed by being railroaded a few times (if you haven't completely searched a room/area, then you open a door, often you will cutscene-walk through the door and you can't go back through it, so anything you missed in the previous room/area is not gettable any more). So I'm spoiler-marking this but I will keep it vague so it's mostly safe to mouse over: I loved the new character.. I think it was a great game overall, but, I want to play FF7R again on hard, and I did want to as soon as I finished it on normal. I want to play TLOU2 again on a harder difficulty, but, not this year. I can wait.

glad you could could put your past experience with dogs behind you

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

God I want to pet a dog so bad right now

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
If any brand can get a "woke brand" pass from me, it's probably the game company whose CEO went out and got his rear end beat and tear gassed by Seattle cops during the recent #BLM protests. Also all the money they make off selling those pins goes to relevant charity orgs.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I stand corrected

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

maybe they could make a good game then. ha ha ha

I'll cape for Oni

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Khanstant posted:

i think that's only one of the takes i've heard about the game that basically focuses so narrowly on a few minor videogame things about it and ends with a desire for repeating it for the challenge parts of gameplay bits i thought were just glue for the story.

mostly im surprised you apparently played a completionist style but didn't notice or take any points off for the total laughable and unforgiveable shitshow with the state qurters.

I think you're talking to me? I'm unsure about what this means: "total laughable and unforgiveable shitshow with the state qurters." I haven't been reading much about this game online so I don't know what direction the conversation about it has gone. I suspect it's known on SA as "a bad game" now?

I didn't think it was worth posting a nuanced review of what I thought of the plot, because I suspected I'd get a bunch of bad faith replies involving dogs due to my joke a few days ago, and it looks like I did already get one. And yeah overall I thought the plot was good. As one person said in another thread, "it could have ended 4 times already". I definitely feel like there was enough game in there.

edit: I just googled 'tlou2 state quarters' and it seems to be about the coins? They're a collectable, I don't care about getting every collectable for the sake of a trophy. I just didn't want to miss plot points from reading notes, and I was a bit annoyed that I missed a safe in the same area that you pick up a shotgun, as Abbey

edit 2: my fave genres are tactical squad combat and survival horror and TLOU2 is the biggest-budget survival horror game, so it scratched that itch well.

redreader fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 23, 2020

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

Dolphin is an incredible emulator for Wii AND Gamecube. Every time I think I want to play a new PS2 game I pretty much immediately regret it for this reason.

Yeah I've been playing super monkey Ball with my son this week and I really appreciate how easy it is to play all my GC and Wii games with practically no issues whatsoever. So many good games on those systems :)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/DeepFanfiction/status/1272695387015577600?s=20

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Did I miss the spinoff series where they fought a weird purple baby Boldozar?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Captain Cappy posted:

Did I miss the spinoff series where they fought a weird purple baby Boldozar?
We sot a new machine, for the fighting.
Now the time to scramble valkyrie again.

scrambled valkyrie is a sequel to sdf macross that takes place after space war I but before flashback 2012 and the launch of the sdf-2 megaroad

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

happy birthday to the best sonic game. and not in canon but happy birthday to shadow by extension

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

redreader posted:

I think you're talking to me? I'm unsure about what this means: "total laughable and unforgiveable shitshow with the state qurters." I haven't been reading much about this game online so I don't know what direction the conversation about it has gone. I suspect it's known on SA as "a bad game" now?

I didn't think it was worth posting a nuanced review of what I thought of the plot, because I suspected I'd get a bunch of bad faith replies involving dogs due to my joke a few days ago, and it looks like I did already get one. And yeah overall I thought the plot was good. As one person said in another thread, "it could have ended 4 times already". I definitely feel like there was enough game in there.

edit: I just googled 'tlou2 state quarters' and it seems to be about the coins? They're a collectable, I don't care about getting every collectable for the sake of a trophy. I just didn't want to miss plot points from reading notes, and I was a bit annoyed that I missed a safe in the same area that you pick up a shotgun, as Abbey

edit 2: my fave genres are tactical squad combat and survival horror and TLOU2 is the biggest-budget survival horror game, so it scratched that itch well.

Sorry dude, I was just making a dumb joke. There are apparently some state quarter collectibles in the game but for some reason the state side of them have dates from before state quarters became a thing.

I wasn't trying to make fun of you or grill you about your review at all, but I did mean that I hadn't really seen a review of the game from that specific perspective only, and with your gaming prefs laid out it also makes sense. AFAIK there's no standard forums "take" on the game, still a hot topic I think.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Here’s the official SA take: I hope it’s the last Last of Us!!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i will say that in this thread specifically a majority of reactions to news leading up to the game coming out were extremely negative but also only 10 people post here total, out of a forum population of, dozens

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

happy birthday to the best sonic game. and not in canon but happy birthday to shadow by extension

happy birthday sonic, shadow, rouge, and the robotnik family

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i will say that in this thread specifically a majority of reactions to news leading up to the game coming out were extremely negative but also only 10 people post here total, out of a forum population of, dozens

it has a very low user metacritic score but that might be because of internet nazis or something?? I haven't been following the game at all

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

it has a very low user metacritic score but that might be because of internet nazis or something?? I haven't been following the game at all

short version is that it's done things to tee off people from both ends of the political spectrum, and also has a lot of noise flying around it in general for being the latest bog-standard AAA action game with cutting-edge graphics that draws hyperbolic praise from a legion of "reviewers" who exist to write ad copy above all else

this cycle repeats a half-dozen times every year

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

no one seems to really post about it outside of the ps4 quarantine zone, thankfully

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

and the stuxthread, of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

and the stuxthread, of course

Stux has been banned from that thread unless he shows proof that he has played and beaten TLOU2