Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boner Machine
Nov 4, 2007

lol at Guy Mann uploading those pics and buying a title for someone just so he can come in here and go "whoa did you guys see this?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Boner Machine posted:

lol at Guy Mann uploading those pics and buying a title for someone just so he can come in here and go "whoa did you guys see this?!"

buying two custom avs for someone*

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Katsuma posted:

I, personally, do not believe that those posts were made by or have anything to do with Jack or Hugh Monahan. I think it's just an unfortunate coincidence of a common word.

The other anti brigador dev imgur album linked in a random avatar text (which seems to have had all the images removed?) originally had a post where that Gauss mentioned his work on Brigador. Which doesn't necessarily mean it's really him, but does rule out it just being a random coincidence.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What's the deal with users of this forum spawning other forums? Anyway, faking web pages is trivial and I hope that's what we're seeing.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Agreed on it being easy enough to fake, hence why I’d just like to hear from the brothers what’s up and not immediately rush to judgement.

The forum is ancient and has been making strides to be less lovely to minorities and LGBT folk for years. I love the game to the point most of my posts here last year were my on going saga of trying to get posters to show up in not lovely condition, but if buying anything else means giving money to someone actively being a shithead about me and folks like me then it’s really easy to keep my money to myself going forward. I sincerely hope it’s all either a coincidence or fakery.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Agreed on all points.

What I don't get with the linked picture is why the posts' timestamps are jumping around so much - here's one stamped 2015, over there is one from 2020, another from 2014? etc

Whatever the source, atleast I'm invested in getting some seriously exhaustive response now and it feels impossible to buy BK before that. If the brothers don't know what's going on or what this is yet, well... make a video or something and tell us as much! And obv. do another as soon as they figure anything out. If its false, blindingly perfect time to make some strong statements and take a stance.
If they do know already - in the catastrophic situation that these are true quotes - then say that. Own it. That honesty is not going to damage anything thats not already broken.

Indie musicians and authors and other artists so often make a point of being themselves and accept their audience to be what it be, and that's way less stressful than trying to K-pop-control an image.
Smart for Indie devs to do the same.

E. To be clear I'm saying if the quotes are true, then I'll never buy the game. And if so, that possible version of Stellar Jockeys have nothing to mourn.
Milkshake-duck god-drat

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 23, 2020

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
The fact that Guy Mann has held a grudge against the brothers for years is damning enough. We're dealing with someone who is not beyond creating any sort of evidence to smear someone or start the cancelling. All based on some imagined slight from 4 years ago. Guy Mann's own history on SA leads me to disbelieve anything he may fervently state as fact.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I have no idea what's going on here or anyone involved. Is someone accusing one or all of the Brigador devs as been transphobic chuds or something?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

I have no idea what's going on here or anyone involved. Is someone accusing one or all of the Brigador devs as been transphobic chuds or something?

Accusing gauss, yes, to the point of buying random people red texts about it and uploading posts from some other forum. It all seems pretty strange how it's being brought to light, though, so we're waiting for the devs to say something about it.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Well that sucks.

E: whoops edit =\= post. Pretend this was a new post several pages later on.

tildes fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 24, 2020

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

tildes posted:

Which devs are in the thread? I (for some reason) follow the writer on Twitter and just based on that he at least seems very unlikely to be down with anything like those posts.

Anthony patch and gauss are the devs

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Right. And to be clear, I don’t think anyone (well, almost) believes the screenshots alone are satisfactory evidence of anything. I don’t immediately feel like Gauss and Anthony are that kind of rear end in a top hat, but there are enough incidents of milkshake duck out there I’d like to hear something instead of knee jerking the other way into assuming there’s no chance at all.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Can someone who knows explain who this Guy-Man character is and what they've done before? Dude who posted the insane picture upthread has a long rap sheet but I'm still real hazy on the story here

However. This sure is a unbelievably odd way to reveal someone elses secret transphobia no doubt

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Can someone who knows explain who this Guy-Man character is and what they've done before? Dude who posted the insane picture upthread has a long rap sheet but I'm still real hazy on the story here

However. This sure is a unbelievably odd way to reveal someone elses secret transphobia no doubt

He is a massive piece of trash rear end in a top hat shitposter that keeps reregging and somehow gets away with it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
He's too busy cancelling Night in the Woods in the itch.io thread to finish cancelling Brigador here lol

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Brigadrama itt

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene
The posts are real, I made them on YCS. I'm sorry to everyone for this.

For years, I've posted to a private forum where I've made many transphobic, racist, and anti-semitic remarks. I'm deeply sorry for that, but know that apologizing will not change what I have done.

Over the last decade, I fooled myself into thinking that my words had no consequence, but over the past few days, I've discovered the opposite to be true. It matters what you say, even in private. I've hurt many people.

Effective immediately I am suspending my involvement with Stellar Jockeys & Brigador Killers. I love the game, I love how excited our fans and community have been, but I have jeopardized the trust we've worked so hard to build with everyone. I made this happen, and that means I need to step away.

I can't undo what I did, but I can work forward from here. I have deleted my account for the forum in question. I've been talking to people whose values and perspectives I've been critical of. I now need to spend time listening, learning and growing as a person. I am truly sorry for what I have done.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

Brigadrama itt

gently caress, I didn't mean to

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
E: nvm

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Well gently caress

Tube Shake
May 13, 2009

It's a lovely situation. You're obviously allowed to have your private opinions (some of them maybe a bit tasteless) but putting them online means it's inevitable something like this would happen, with cancel culture being what it is. Even still, on the whole i've found the team at stellar jockeys are good people. Gauss is not a "chud", not by a long shot, but he still shared some off-color opinions and that's all it takes these days to get you in trouble.

Frankly i think it shows a lot of moral fortitude that he owned up to it, since it could have easily been swept aside and ignored.

Brigador is a good game and i hope to see Brigador Killers succeed in spite of this setback.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Racism, transphobia and anti-semitism are "off color opinions" lol, gotcha my very good dude

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah there's not really any downplaying the poo poo that was in that image, which, uh, is probably the reason for the above post buddy!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

welp

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tube Shake posted:

It's a lovely situation. You're obviously allowed to have your private opinions (some of them maybe a bit tasteless) but putting them online means it's inevitable something like this would happen, with cancel culture being what it is. Even still, on the whole i've found the team at stellar jockeys are good people. Gauss is not a "chud", not by a long shot, but he still shared some off-color opinions and that's all it takes these days to get you in trouble.

Frankly i think it shows a lot of moral fortitude that he owned up to it, since it could have easily been swept aside and ignored.

Brigador is a good game and i hope to see Brigador Killers succeed in spite of this setback.

Did you actually read what was in the posted image? Because it's not 'a bit tasteless.' It's straight up Nazi poo poo.

Tube Shake
May 13, 2009

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Racism, transphobia and anti-semitism are "off color opinions" lol, gotcha my very good dude

I don't see a lick of racism in the screenshot. I see a bit of transphobia and a bit of homophobia, and yes that's offensive. But let's not blow it out of proportion. Most of the posts seem to be taken out of context, like the one about jews doesn't seem to be wholly antisemitic on its face, more discussing the omission of information when presenting facts.

This poo poo will all blow over in a few months anyways, like it always loving does. It's not like the guy filmed himself shooting a puppy. He said a few nono words on the internet and got himself canceled. Stop me if you've heard this story before.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tube Shake posted:

I don't see a lick of racism in the screenshot. I see a bit of transphobia and a bit of homophobia, and yes that's offensive. But let's not blow it out of proportion. Most of the posts seem to be taken out of context, like the one about jews doesn't seem to be wholly antisemitic on its face, more discussing the omission of information when presenting facts.

This poo poo will all blow over in a few months anyways, like it always loving does. It's not like the guy filmed himself shooting a puppy. He said a few nono words on the internet and got himself canceled. Stop me if you've heard this story before.

"Chinese Virus."

Also if that is a 'little bit' of transphobia and homophobia to you you probably need to spend less time in places filled with racist transphobic assholes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tube Shake posted:

shut the gently caress up

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
well that sucks.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tube Shake posted:

Shut the gently caress up, chud

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
it sucks it sure does

I'll at least say thanks for owning up to it rather then the next 90 pages be a hunt to make you say it

be a better person!

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.

How about you shut the gently caress up? There's no loving discussion allowed on this site anymore, anyone with any sort of difference of opinion is banned or told to shut up.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

gauss posted:

The posts are real, I made them on YCS. I'm sorry to everyone for this.

For years, I've posted to a private forum where I've made many transphobic, racist, and anti-semitic remarks. I'm deeply sorry for that, but know that apologizing will not change what I have done.

Over the last decade, I fooled myself into thinking that my words had no consequence, but over the past few days, I've discovered the opposite to be true. It matters what you say, even in private. I've hurt many people.

Effective immediately I am suspending my involvement with Stellar Jockeys & Brigador Killers. I love the game, I love how excited our fans and community have been, but I have jeopardized the trust we've worked so hard to build with everyone. I made this happen, and that means I need to step away.

I can't undo what I did, but I can work forward from here. I have deleted my account for the forum in question. I've been talking to people whose values and perspectives I've been critical of. I now need to spend time listening, learning and growing as a person. I am truly sorry for what I have done.

I appreciate the honesty. Particularly in an age of bullshit half measure apologies and 'sorry I made you feel that way'-s.

To say I'm disappointed to hear it isn't a hoax is an understatement, but if you're genuinely making the effort to improve that's a strong start and I sincerely hope that if nothing else comes out of this situation, you can listen to those other voices and grow as a person.

I don't really have much meaningful to add beyond that here, so I'm gonna check out for a bit.

Tube Shake
May 13, 2009

When the dust has settled all you culture warrior vultures that are just here to scold everyone will be long gone as well, moving onto your next fixation. Stop me if you've heard this part of the story too.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Tax Oddity posted:

How about you shut the gently caress up? There's no loving discussion allowed on this site anymore, anyone with any sort of difference of opinion is banned or told to shut up.

What is there to discuss dude? Those posts are loving trash the end; don't defend it.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 24, 2020

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tax Oddity posted:

You should also shut the gently caress up. Whether people deserve to be alive is not up for discussion. Being a racist transphobic nazi is not up for discussion. gently caress you, poo poo dick.

Mods, change thread title to "ALL CHUDS OUT THEMSELVES HERE"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tax Oddity posted:

If you want to defend the literal bigotry on display you're perfectly allowed to, but if you get banned it wouldn't be for a difference in opinion, it would be because you view bigotry as a difference in opinion instead of bigotry.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Tube Shake posted:

When the dust has settled all you culture warrior vultures that are just here to scold everyone will be long gone as well, moving onto your next fixation. Stop me if you've heard this part of the story too.

Lmao

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Dulkor posted:

I don't really have much meaningful to add beyond that here, so I'm gonna check out for a bit.

Same pretty much. Thanks for the couple hundred hours of fun, Stellar Jockeys, and good luck with Killers I guess. Also good luck with not being a shitheel, Gauss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Saying you prefer Loyalists to Corvids (lol) is a simple different opinion. Saying that trans people are subhuman and Jews should be shot is not. This isn't tut tutting because it's in vogue you fuckin imbecils lol