Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this year's gonna be crazy for life sims. there's littlewood coming out next month, village monsters in the fall, and then garden story before the end of the year

i've played a little of village monsters (and verdant skies) but not enough to form a real opinion about them yet. village monsters is cute though. one of the villagers is a cool ghost on a skateboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thinking about another prolific ycs poster, babylonian aka nick robinson. its the fate of all yixboys to be cancelled, eventually, forums cancer was just the first cancellation

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i dont remember if i posted anything super lovely in yix but it doesnt really matter because i dont do it now regardless

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The second Pokemon Presents is supposed to only be 11 minutes, so it's probably just the reveal they teased last week.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail posted:

thinking about another prolific ycs poster, babylonian aka nick robinson. its the fate of all yixboys to be cancelled, eventually, forums cancer was just the first cancellation

It really sucks that he got caught grooming teenage girls and somehow he has completely shaken all that off and his YouTube has millions of views

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It's gonna be "Pokemon snap is actually out right now"

They wanted to last week but it didn't pass cert in time :p

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SeXReX posted:

It's gonna be "Pokemon snap is actually out right now"

They wanted to last week but it didn't pass cert in time :p

I literally don't know what it could be. The obvious answer seems to be new mainline games/gen 4 remakes, but with the second part of the expansion pass coming out at the end of the year, I legitimately don't see them releasing one this year.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

steel sword/iron shield

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They've explicitly said that the expansion pass is what's being done in lieu of a third or updated version.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

not great folks

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

what i saw of macross was pretty fun, gundams cool too tho :)

also i just beat botw today with all shrines and divine beasts, and it was a fun time (though :rip: my horse that got stuck and constantly damaged in a ganon corner)!! the ending was really chill which i think worked well with the general tone?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hey remember the Chilito

Taco bell should bring back the Chilito

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Unrelatedly do we have a discord server

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

is this the Marvelous Pro Elite Gaming Society?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

is this the Marvelous Pro Elite Gaming Society?

I'm in that one so I hope so lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

if there is one i hope it is chill and not full of shitheads like other SA discords I've peeked into

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

if there is one i hope it is chill and not full of shitheads like other SA discords I've peeked into
i'm not in it so its probably safe

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll buy the forums for $40 and set it free

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I run a goon Fire Emblem discord which is inexplicably good despite being filled with goons and Fire Emblem fans

Or maybe it's bad and my taste is poo poo who knows!!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I run a goon Fire Emblem discord which is inexplicably good despite being filled with goons and Fire Emblem fans

I don't know, I post in it so it can't be that good

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
The few goon discords I've joined have been pretty good, but I feel like a general Games one would be too exhausting for me to follow due to the sheer number of people in it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

The few goon discords I've joined have been pretty good, but I feel like a general Games one would be too exhausting for me to follow due to the sheer number of people in it.

Yeah, if we got every active poster into it there would be like dozens of people

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Maybe it's time for me to make a discord account

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it might be something to think about

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

eagerly awaiting someone setting up another offsite and then a month later everyone comes back and pretends the offsite never existed

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

homeless snail posted:

eagerly awaiting someone setting up another offsite and then a month later everyone comes back and pretends the offsite never existed

That's pretty optimistic considering how some of the offsites ended up.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

At what point does this become a NeoGAF - Resetera scenario

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

cheetah7071 posted:

Can I get an invite to that one?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm in that one so I hope so lol

I loaded it up and seeing all the different channels and notifications popping up, with various read statuses... I feel like a true old

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

At what point does this become a NeoGAF - Resetera scenario
a friday night massacre followed by a mass exodus

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sorry to bear bad news, there's been another cancellation...
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1275492657016397829

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i was just watching orgazmo last night, ron jermey is really good in that movie

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

as an optional less heavy third subject of discussion, what's everyone's GOTM

my top 5 are eatgirl, xenogunner, vision: soft reset, myth bearer, and zone of lacryma

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There's a separate discord for all FF14 goons and for my specific goon guild, it is challenging to check on them both regularly

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

fuckin

finally beat a run of world of horror. take that evil god, now stop cursing my loving bathtub

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

The 7th Guest posted:

I have one set up though it is mostly just me and a few others saying "hi" at each other and me asking if anyone wants to be in a call or a stream or watch stuff together or whatevs, I'd be down for adding more people though it's not a super active channel. I like to think it's chill though.

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

my top 5 are eatgirl, xenogunner, vision: soft reset, myth bearer, and zone of lacryma

eatgirl was a lot of fun, but it's gotta be hardspace: shipbreaker for me. very chill ship dismantling.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I'm really glad the bundle put eat girl on so many people's radar because I think it does a lot of really interesting things inside a genre that struggled greatly to transition from coin-op.

One of Tesselode's other games, The Tops Don't Sting You is a favorite of mine and when he made a pico8 Tetris game he added the TGM series "Sonic drop" as an alternate option on my request.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just in case because it seems like all of our good forum times are coming to an end soon; I appreciate all of you and am grateful to know so many amazing and chill gamers. You all have introduced me to a lot of great games and experiences that I would have never found otherwise. Thank you everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's been an honor and a privilege posting with you all

The 7th Guest posted:

I pulled Sekiro back out and now I'm near the end of NG+ so I'll go with that