Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I have to say this every time someone brings up Disney Land/World, I absolutely don't see the appeal if you don't have small child with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

yeah, every aspect of the florida unemployment process has been hosed since the word go. and it came out pretty quickly that former governor and human/reptilian hybrid rick scott paid tens of millions of dollars to create a website that was purposely designed to fail

you see, if you make it impossible for people to get unemployment you save money and you get to fudge the employment numbers to look better. and it'll most likely be poor minorities who get hosed over, so who cares? it's not like some kind of once in a century crisis will make this a critical lifeline to millions of people who are then completely hosed over

poo poo really needs to change

Christ.

is there a class action lawsuit yet? That may be your best bet to jump onto.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Skwirl posted:

I have to say this every time someone brings up Disney Land/World, I absolutely don't see the appeal if you don't have small child with you.

It anything that would even reduce the appeal.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

TheParadigm posted:

Christ.

Yeah I believe one is in the works. Iirc onc got tossed out already but I think one is working currently.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Sandwich is catering an option for you? You know your poo poo and you would be your own boss

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Field Mousepad posted:

Sandwich is catering an option for you? You know your poo poo and you would be your own boss

Who's hiring caterers right now? And BOY do I have no assets to start anything up with.

Also, I had bird remove my restaurant ASK thread for fear of doxxing from a bunch of offsite chuds that I fought with yesterday. What a time to be alive lol

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

TheParadigm posted:

Christ.

Or just burn down the Disney World. That might actually get someone's attention.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Stuntman posted:

since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Link to the foodchat Discord: https://discord.gg/bFtz9s5

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Stringent posted:

It anything that would even reduce the appeal.

Nah, the best part is watching kids flip the gently caress out when they meet Goofy or whoever. Actually knowing the kid who's flipping out is even better.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skwirl posted:

Because I am a grown woman and also a child at heart and it's the Most Magical Place on Earth, tyvm. :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

Because I am a grown woman and also a child at heart and it's the Most Magical Place on Earth, tyvm. :colbert:

So is being an adult inherently unsatisfactory to you or is there a childhood trauma you're trying to overcome?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Skwirl posted:

being an adult inherently unsatisfactory

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Skwirl posted:

is being an adult inherently unsatisfactory

Yes.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The entire country is stuck at home and restaurants are keeping open during what is usually their off season with reduced staff after layoffs and Corona restrictions. I feel bad for the staff, who seem overwhelmed, but I guess the sudden rush of people wanting to drink alcohol in the sun might save a few places on the brink... Unless everything shuts down again.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Skwirl posted:

So is being an adult inherently unsatisfactory to you or

I watched 9/11 happen on TV at school and then life just got worse from there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Age 20ish through about 28 was way the gently caress better than anything after my brain developed enough to have memories of childhood.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Skwirl posted:

Age 20ish through about 28 was way the gently caress better than anything after my brain developed enough to have memories of childhood.

My wife’s family bought into the Disney Vacation Club around 1999. Prior to that, my entire Disney experience had been 1 day in the Magic Kingdom as a 12 year old. After that, I have been to DisneyWorld about 10? times as an adult. It’s a lot of fun if you know how to suspend your disbelief a bit, and all of the parks other than the Magic Kingdom let you day-drink.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*gestures broadly* there ya go Skwirl. Life living on my own has been, while lame and quiet the last few months because I can't see friends. But still better since I've been able to be more me and get on hormones and all.

But yeah, I just wanna go back to Disney World because it's neat.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Why Disney World? Whyyyyy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It's still loving mystifying to me but I acknowledge and accept there's full grown adults who like Disney Land/world on its own merits.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Less self harm in that than wanting to work in a kitchen.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

The General posted:

Less self harm in that than wanting to work in a kitchen.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I legit wanna visit the star wars area but anything else :raise:

Grow the gently caress up. Princesses aren't real anymore

Except for princess Leia

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Imagine being this angry that people enjoy having fun

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Field Mousepad posted:

I legit wanna visit the star wars area but anything else :raise:

Grow the gently caress up. Princesses aren't real anymore

Except for princess Leia

Yeah I could probably enjoy the star wars area... if I had to... It's not like I'm running a star wars tabletop game or anything like that. Not even really into the franchise...

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I went to the park with Star Wars in February while I was in Orlando for work. So I barely squeezed in. It's impressive, but extremely focused on the new trilogy. I'm not a theme park guy at all, but I can't complain too much about seeing a full-scale Falcon and building an over-priced lightsaber. Since I was there by myself, I met a lot of people. Theme park and/or Disney enthusiasts are loving nuts.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I know someone who worked in the wedding department at Disney. From what they said, the brides who were getting married at a resort or hotel venue were generally chill, but the brides who booked a Disney park wedding were always hardcore Bridezillas and some of the most extreme Disney fanatics. Most friction came when their fantasy of “I’m paying $30k+ for a wedding in the park, so Disney will get me whatever else I want for my dream day” met the reality of “I’m paying a minimum of $30k+ for a wedding in the park, and Disney can sell me whatever else I want for my dream day.”

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Professor Wayne posted:

I went to the park with Star Wars in February while I was in Orlando for work. So I barely squeezed in. It's impressive, but extremely focused on the new trilogy. I'm not a theme park guy at all, but I can't complain too much about seeing a full-scale Falcon and building an over-priced lightsaber. Since I was there by myself, I met a lot of people. Theme park and/or Disney enthusiasts are loving nuts.

Oh... well then I have no reason to go. The new trilogy blows rear end.

Standalone stuff is okay, even Solo, and the Mandalorian owned, but god drat does the continuation of the Skywalker saga suck.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I'm not angry that grown rear end adults who theoretically can do grown up poo poo like go to a bar or drive a car would go to DisneyLand on their own accord, I'm just mystified by it.

The only time I've been was with my then girlfriend's extended family and the best part was making out with her in the roger rabbit ride but that wasn't close to the best time we made out so I thought Disneyland was a complete waste of money. The best part that absolutely required us being in DisneyLand for it to happen was watching her 6 year old cousin flipping the gently caress out when he met Goofy.

When I saw that kid I thought I understood DisneyLand, they create an experience for small children that you can't create otherwise and that is a good and worthy thing as much as anything can be in this capitalist hellscape we call life.

Then I find out there are adults who go to Disneyland on their own, with no children.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

"I'm not mad" says man that has written multiple bitter paragraphs disparaging people who like thing he doesn't.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Skwirl posted:

Nah, the best part is watching kids flip the gently caress out when they meet Goofy or whoever. Actually knowing the kid who's flipping out is even better.

Skwirl posted:

The best part that absolutely required us being in DisneyLand for it to happen was watching her 6 year old cousin flipping the gently caress out when he met Goofy.

When I saw that kid I thought I understood DisneyLand, they create an experience for small children that you can't create otherwise and that is a good and worthy thing as much as anything can be in this capitalist hellscape we call life.

Lol, when you posted that I was thinking to myself, this person can't be talking about their own kid, but I felt it would be rude to ask. Personally, hauling a sub 10 year old child through a Disney park all day sounds like a particularly nasty circle of Hell.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Skwirl posted:

I'm not angry that grown rear end adults who theoretically can do grown up poo poo like go to a bar or drive a car would go to DisneyLand on their own accord, I'm just mystified by it.

The only time I've been was with my then girlfriend's extended family and the best part was making out with her in the roger rabbit ride but that wasn't close to the best time we made out so I thought Disneyland was a complete waste of money. The best part that absolutely required us being in DisneyLand for it to happen was watching her 6 year old cousin flipping the gently caress out when he met Goofy.

Then I find out there are adults who go to Disneyland on their own, with no children.

I don't care about disneyland but you need to chill out my dude

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Skwirl posted:

People who post like this are mystifying to me

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
You sound like an angry dad.

"I don't understand why you do this stupid poo poo all day, playing the pokemon and the god drat video games. Why you can't normal poo poo like every other boy? Pussy and cars is what you should care about. Now eat your drat meatloaf and shut the hell up."

You honestly seem like a very bitter and boring person, my guy. Namaste.

Edit: like, christ, how completely dead brained do you have to be to be at a place full of entertainment and be pissed off because all you want to do is make out and it isn't even that good lol. Please don't have children if you don't already.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 25, 2020

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
As a word of solidarity with forums poster Skwirl, I'd rather be drug over asphalt and thrown in a vat of lemon juice than visit a Disney park, but I do recognize that's my personal preference.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
There is also something to be said for living near the park where you can take afternoon trip for fun, and it isn't a cross country trip.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jun 25, 2020

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
I like to take bicycle rides around Tokyo Disney because they have a nice big road with no cars on it and I can enjoy not being in the park while I do laps.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This is very stupid projection. Why are you so mystified that a lot of people don't like saccharine trash from a megaconglomorate who actively makes the world worse? Such a mystery.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:shrug: I just wanna go with friend(s) and/or significant other(s) (because poly relationships are valid and I'm not ruling that out as a possibility.) Princesses are cool, even if I have no attachment to Frozen. Most of us are children of the 80/90s (87, here) and have fond memories of Disney movies.