Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Nessus posted:

Folks, it seems that these forums are owned by a domestic abuser and I feel a certain responsibility to share that with this sub-set of TV Land. While this is important information I do apologize if it is another unpleasant eruption of 2020. You can find out more at https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980 along with a bunch of corny jokes.

It has been a pleasure to post with all of you even when it was white-noise posting, and if this place keeps on existing in some form, I hope we all will stay in touch. I also hope that Discovery gets good and Lower Decks isn't bad.

This link is for a certain image of long renown which is not safe for viewing or posting at work. It has been made readily available by Klingon tradition. May it bring glory to you and your house. :nws: https://i.imgur.com/1BufxSP.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqe-mr_zBdg

In completely related news is there a scifi or tviv discord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

8one6 posted:

In completely related news is there a scifi or tviv discord?

The Sci-Fi Wi-Fi discord is stickied in that subforum.

I really hope Lowtax just goes the gently caress away and gives the forum to the admins or something, but I don't really think that's likely.

It would really suck to lose Trekthread, as the various SA Trek threads are just about the only place to discuss this dumb and awesome franchise on the internet that doesn't suck.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Drone posted:

It's an invalid link. Did it expire?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Drone posted:

I really hope Lowtax just goes the gently caress away and gives the forum to the admins or something, but I don't really think that's likely.

It would really suck to lose Trekthread, as the various SA Trek threads are just about the only place to discuss this dumb and awesome franchise on the internet that doesn't suck.
Jeffrey said he'd buy the forums off Lowtax if they are for sale.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It's an invalid link. Did it expire?

Deactivated the link since kiwifarms is apparently lurking about. I'll pm it to you.

Anyone else want an invite?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

Deactivated the link since kiwifarms is apparently lurking about. I'll pm it to you.

I would, thanks

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H59i7L9QvVM

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yes please.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Roth posted:

yes please

Nessus posted:

If they need to kickstart or gofundme a forums purchase I'd be down for :10bux:

8one6 fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 24, 2020

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

So in order to punish him the leading proposal is to give him a large sum of money?

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Arglebargle III posted:

So in order to punish him the leading proposal is to give him a large sum of money?

Supposedly he owes half a million in taxes so I doubt he'd actually make any money at all lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nessus posted:

Jeffrey Combs?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Edit: Not you specifically, just a funny idea that popped in when I read your post.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Roth posted:

Please.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Roth posted:

Me please!

InvisiBill
Jan 14, 2004
_ _

Pillbug

Roth posted:

I only lurk, but yes please!

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Roth posted:

Yes, please. Thank you.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Same here, I have PMs

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
A pm of that would be nice, though I too mostly lurk.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Accepting Romulan refugees from the modern trek thread in your discord? Though I'll probably just disappear from the plot chat and ultimately have nothing to say.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Invite too please!

8one6
May 20, 2012

Lizard Combatant posted:

Accepting Romulan refugees from the modern trek thread in your discord? Though I'll probably just disappear from the plot chat and ultimately have nothing to say.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I'd ask too but I don't have pm.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dunno' if I'd ever post in it, but if someone could PM the Discord I'd appreciate it.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

PMs going out to those of you who have them.

Drone fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 24, 2020

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Veotax posted:

Dunno' if I'd ever post in it, but if someone could PM the Discord I'd appreciate it.

I'll go just for Tighclops.

Invite please!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Roth posted:

Yes please!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Me too please

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Sent invites to I think everyone so far.. I'm checking out here, someone else who's in the server can take over. I'm doing this manually for like two other Discords already and gotdayum

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'd like a discord invite too! Feel free to PM.

A shame about the forums; it's one of the best places to post online. But it's seemed like SA has been on life support for some time now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Adding to my growing list of discords, can I have an invite please?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’d also like an invite! Not even the death of SA will allow you to escape my shitposting.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I mostly lurk but would also love a discord invite. Don't have pm, but it could be sent to:

bucswabe00_2000 @ yahoo dot com

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'd like a Discord link.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Roth posted:

I don’t have PMs but I’d like it so I’m not sure the best way to go about that.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Roth posted:

I'd like one.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'd appreciate a discord invite. I've got PMs and my email in my profile.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Aight I'm back to doing this for the next little bit I guess.

:siren: For those of you who don't have PM's, please post your Discord name (with the #). I'll send you a friend request, DM you the invite link, and then promptly and unceremoniously defriend you like Riker leaving Risa. Then you can edit your post and remove your Discord ID. This applies to the people above who posted without PM's! :siren:

If you do have PM's, just post here I guess and I'll get to you as I can!

Get to the escape pods, they've sounded autodestruct. See you on Gravet Island.

EDIT: also for the sake of my mailbox you don't need to write Thank You replies on the PM's :v:

EDIT2: might also help if you tell me which server you need an invite to after accepting the friend request... I'm doing this for like three lifeboat discords atm.

EDIT3: alright stop PM'ing me, I'm going to bed :v: Please ask someone who I managed to invite for the link!

Drone fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 24, 2020

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
I'd like a PM, please.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
Invite pls. In the meantime enjoy these two posts that I typed god knows when and forgot to post:

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

I probably couldn't do it after all, it'd end up as a series of increasingly contrived scenarios so that I could make ridiculous homophone jokes.

"That one over there, you see her?"

"The eyesore? I sure do."

"Ice 'er."

"Aye, sir."

I've been awake for about 30 hours now and you just broke my brain so thanks for that.

The_Doctor posted:

tu'HomI'raH

I googled that. Turns out you are in fact an authentic nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I'll take one too even though I've posted here maybe twice