Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Pryor on Fire posted:

Avoid discord, their privacy policy explicitly states "we own everything you post or say and reserve the right to sell it to anyone, anywhere, forever, and you forfeit all privacy and rights to anything". They are also super aggressive about data collection, they are always cross referencing your account with social media and web history to build up a detailed advertising profile (which they are selling), they're basically facebook but slightly more evil.

Discord is the next big tech scandal waiting to happen.

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Raptor1033 posted:

It's a shame the April fool's coup wasn't real

maybe it was but it failed :tinfoil:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm gonna snag a sick three character username on any potential new forums

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Got drat

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
king reol was right

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

bradzilla posted:

lol if this is what finally kills these dumb gay forums, i'm done. i'm not going to any dumb fragmented offsites or discords.

I literally have no idea what I'd do on the internet without the forums :smith:

Same, I don't have social media...I only see twitter links from here...I would be pretty lost...but maybe then I could go outside again.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

CountryMatters posted:

It's absolutely possible if the mods lock down all the threads except this one and one to discuss where to move to. The only reason splits go so badly is because people will stick around so long as the old place still lets them post and is the path of least resistance. Mods could prevent that right now, while also ensuring that this site tanks and costs Lowtax as much as possible.

Otherwise it'll stick around limping but still intact, giving Lowtax more free money, even if it's a lot less of it

If no one buys avs or anything and stop giving to the patreon, is there that much more money still coming in?

Also, this thread is 100 pages long. Has there been any confirmation or response about this stuff?

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013
The world really is ending this year.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

bans inc

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CountryMatters posted:

It's absolutely possible if the mods lock down all the threads except this one and one to discuss where to move to. The only reason splits go so badly is because people will stick around so long as the old place still lets them post and is the path of least resistance. Mods could prevent that right now, while also ensuring that this site tanks and costs Lowtax as much as possible.

Otherwise it'll stick around limping but still intact, giving Lowtax more free money, even if it's a lot less of it

I've been running with the theory that this place is going to follow the exact same trajectory of NeoGAF when evillore turned out to be a rapist piece of poo poo

All the reasonable people will leave or be banned, including any mods who talked back, and the only posters left on the forum will be people who are super into whatever poo poo the admin did, so big fans of domestic abuse or idiots who don't care as long as they can post their funny photoshops and bad jokes

Then Lowtax is going to lean way the gently caress in and just go full alt right to keep the money flowing in

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Pryor on Fire posted:

Avoid discord, their privacy policy explicitly states "we own everything you post or say and reserve the right to sell it to anyone, anywhere, forever, and you forfeit all privacy and rights to anything". They are also super aggressive about data collection, they are always cross referencing your account with social media and web history to build up a detailed advertising profile (which they are selling), they're basically facebook but slightly more evil.

Discord is the next big tech scandal waiting to happen.

Sure grandpa

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Lurdiak posted:

I would be ok with that and it wouldn't be very difficult to run a site this small and inactive with so few features using basic templates for a relatively paltry sum. The problem is that whoever sets up the first successor will definitely be a scammer who runs away with the :10bux: es, poisoning the well for the next attempt.

We need to form a revolutionary politburo and actually plan this out properly, probably in discord or something

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Sheen Sheen posted:

king reol was right

all along this was his plan

phase 6 is now complete, and he won

the longest of long games

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Yinlock posted:

there are no more posting enemies in these, the final posts

I will take this time to apologize to forum poster povertygoat. Sorry bud but you were kind of being a cocksucker in the rona thread with your whole 'if everyone quits they're job who will make my chicken nuggets wtf' attitude. I bury the hatchet.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Oh poo poo lol

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

hey sib! also, agreeing with this post

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Lol Rip forums

RunningOnEmpty
Nov 1, 2005
Because I work hard for the money...bitch.
Just waiting on Lowtax' Rebuttal . I need to see if it's some bullshit excuse. I hope it's just a gently caress You and the lights go out.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

AFewBricksShy posted:

If no one buys avs or anything and stop giving to the patreon, is there that much more money still coming in?

Also, this thread is 100 pages long. Has there been any confirmation or response about this stuff?

the only response from lowtax was a post on Facebook saying he illegally recorded one of their conversations and another calling her a bipolar alcoholic

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

I've been running with the theory that this place is going to follow the exact same trajectory of NeoGAF when evillore turned out to be a rapist piece of poo poo

All the reasonable people will leave or be banned, including any mods who talked back, and the only posters left on the forum will be people who are super into whatever poo poo the admin did, so big fans of domestic abuse or idiots who don't care as long as they can post their funny photoshops and bad jokes

Then Lowtax is going to lean way the gently caress in and just go full alt right to keep the money flowing in

Money matters most of all. He will not shut the forums down as long as it generates revenue.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

LifeSunDeath posted:

Same, I don't have social media...I only see twitter links from here...I would be pretty lost...but maybe then I could go outside again.

that's what i'm thinking. group texts and book piracy

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Pryor on Fire posted:

So long SA I'm glad you're dead

https://youtu.be/XU7gnMSzf_c

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

dex_sda posted:

not much, what's an mp4 with you?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Wait there's a front page?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Well, poo poo. Here we go.

It's been a pleasure posting with you all.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Live Free posted:

hey sib! also, agreeing with this post

hey thought id come back for the last big one

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I read up to page 50 abd realised that the thread was moving as quickly as reading it so I skipped to the end

was there any new info in those 50 odd pages?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
on that note mods please change lowtax's name to "big fan of domestic abuse"

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

punishedkissinger posted:

We need to form a revolutionary politburo and actually plan this out properly, probably in discord or something

More like in IRC right?

Musluk
May 23, 2011

tithin posted:

I read up to page 50 abd realised that the thread was moving as quickly as reading it so I skipped to the end

was there any new info in those 50 odd pages?

nah

just pure shitposting

aRudeTeen
Jul 13, 2003

Page 101 sniper

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

SAFREEZONE

Musluk
May 23, 2011

WhaleFarmerJohn posted:

Page 101 sniper

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Blockhouse posted:

Mods could make this tricky for him by locking everything, closing forums, and banning everyone on the way out. Lowtax is a lazy piece of poo poo who hasn't personally done anything for the site in decades, so him trying to reopen it and fix things would be comically inept, and he'll probably just give up after an hour to go take more pills

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

bratwurst massage posted:

so... is Big Peeler returning anytime soon?

He dead

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I guess it's not surprising that a dude who's humor never evolved past 2001 is an abusive piece of poo poo

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

CountryMatters posted:

Mods could make this tricky for him by locking everything, closing forums, and banning everyone on the way out. Lowtax is a lazy piece of poo poo who hasn't personally done anything for the site in decades, so him trying to reopen it and fix things would be comically inept, and he'll probably just give up after an hour to go take more pills

pretty sure this site is still his retirement plan...I'm certain he'll attempt to keep it going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If some rich goon buys SA from Rich then I'll stay. Gonna miss you all.