Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Lightning Knight posted:

some thoughts

1) as far as we are aware, Logan Day is currently safe

2) as far as I know, the person claiming to be her on KF is a fake

3) we’re looking into various options to try and resolve the situation in a way that maintains the forums without them answering to a man who abuses his spouses

4) if 3 fails, there is broad agreement among the mods that there is no going back to normal and we’re probably looking at a mass exodus

there may be formal announcements to this effect but that’s what I will tell you as of this moment.

has anyone suggested "hacking" the server?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd love an invite to B+R if they're being given out

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Agean90 posted:

running a delivery between sjys preliminary off-site and the Bernie thread discord. I trip causing a 150kg of trmp to fly out everywhere

theyre not sending their best folx

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

since we're not concerned about the FBI shutting us down anymore, can we go back to openly wishing for assassinations of government officials? tia

(this one's for you, QCS)

it’s the purge but for modding right now, do your bad posts now because I don’t give a poo poo (unless you’re racist or something I guess then I’ll still ban you later)

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

*In Obama voice*
Uhh, if you like your forums...you can keep it

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Redistribute the patreon funds to the posters

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I legit don't know where I'm gonna go. I don't think I can detox from being terminally online

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

net work error posted:

*In Obama voice*

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

net work error posted:

*In Obama voice*

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

nthing the sentiment that I would appreciate a discord invite, even though I mostly lurk.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

glad some real big brains out there are using this as the perfect opportunity to...

relitigate FYAD

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

net work error posted:

*In Obama voice*

Lol

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos
hello cspam posters, im here to say gently caress lowtax come post on breadnroses.net with all the cool cats and kittens who hate racists and ahve never hit their wife

QueenOfTheEvening fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 24, 2020

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’d like a discord link PM’d that isn’t kiwifarms trash

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Lightning Knight posted:

it’s the purge but for modding right now, do your bad posts now because I don’t give a poo poo (unless you’re racist or something I guess then I’ll still ban you later)

i hope someone shoots lowtax with a barrett .50 caliber rifle and turns him into a real life version of a looney tunes where the coyote gets shot with a loving cannonball

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Make the mod forum public u cowards

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

it always seemed bizarre to me that lowtax had a multi thousand dollar a month patreon, ostensibly to run the forums? But nothing about these forums really leads one to think they’d be that expensive?

Lowtax is an abuser and a grifter and should go gently caress himself, imho

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Agean90 posted:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

None of the Mods or Admins have answered me yet

If Lowtax doxxes his victim will he get perma banned?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

net work error posted:

*In Obama voice*

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Agean90 posted:

There’s little to no discussion of this issue in the mod forum, as it’s been happening elsewhere for what should be obvious reasons.

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

QUEER FRASIER posted:

it always seemed bizarre to me that lowtax had a multi thousand dollar a month patreon, ostensibly to run the forums? But nothing about these forums really leads one to think they’d be that expensive?

it was partly because the taxman was in insane medical debt and people felt like he deserved some help what with giving us this loving dumb rear end place with nazi mods and p-p-p-powerbooks and five golden manbabies goonsire and then whoops we stopped being able to pretend he wasn't a piece of poo poo

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Lightning Knight posted:

some thoughts

1) as far as we are aware, Logan Day is currently safe

2) as far as I know, the person claiming to be her on KF is a fake

3) we’re looking into various options to try and resolve the situation in a way that maintains the forums without them answering to a man who abuses his spouses

4) if 3 fails, there is broad agreement among the mods that there is no going back to normal and we’re probably looking at a mass exodus

there may be formal announcements to this effect but that’s what I will tell you as of this moment.

cool thanks

'either lowtax goes or i go' is i think the general sentiment

if it's option 3, free Lastgirl etc.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

There’s little to no discussion of this issue in the mod forum, as it’s been happening elsewhere for what should be obvious reasons.

even better, let us make fun of the mods boring rear end posts

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Holy poo poo it looks like the forums really might fall this time. I'd appreciate a (good) discord invite if it exists and people are actually giving them out. Bread 'n roses looks halfway legit so I'll probably pay the entrance fee

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

I always knew CSPAM would go the way of LF eventually but never anticipated it would be quite like this

time to get on Twitter I guess :smith:

Lol QCS never got to have the satisfaction of getting Cspam shut down. poor bastards

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

net work error posted:

*In Obama voice*

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Lowtax's account should be permabanned and he should just go away, but he probably won't because as we've learned, he is not a good person

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

mean let's be real I don't really care if there's nothing of value in the mod forum, I just want to be able to say I saw it before either the forums shut down or I post death threats to the state of wyomings congressional delegation for a quick ban

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Clark Nova posted:

Holy poo poo it looks like the forums really might fall this time. I'd appreciate a (good) discord invite if it exists and people are actually giving them out. Bread 'n roses looks halfway legit so I'll probably pay the entrance fee

we've been getting a TON of sign ups today, i think we're up to 75 or 80 in the last couple hours, now's the time to get in on the ground floor of this triangle shaped investment opportunity

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Are ya'll in contact with lowtax at this point or is he still in a stupor from gaslighting late into the night?

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn, this is the news I wake up to? This is how SA dies? gently caress i hope not.

Just in case it is the end I want to make sure I post :d2a: one last time

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok, so if the mass exodus happens ALA neogaf, we have to pretty much decide where the place is going to be and we need good mods and admins to be the driving force behind it. I dont care spending :10bux: if it means we can have a well managed community. None of this splintering bullshit, when it happened at neogaf the mod team had a plan and followed through with it and were successful.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Agean90 posted:

gotta do it to em. make it sting

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

liberate the forums, make all of lowtax's permabanned ex-wifes and girlfriends admins

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

Lowtax's account should be permabanned and he should just go away, but he probably won't because as we've learned, he is not a good person

he’s 100% going to make a long and self-pitying post sooner rather than later, buckle in

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

it's all those load bearing slurs

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Clark Nova posted:

liberate the forums, make all of lowtax's permabanned ex-wifes and girlfriends admins

shmorky's hot weird ex for admin and then immediately strip her of power for being a nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just_a_person
Mar 13, 2019
I thought we could watch and laugh together as America speedruns covid19, but no way will I support an abuser. I am hoping to see you all over at B&R. Is there a cspam-like forum over there cuz that's all I am here on in SA. The truMP!, cool zone, and covid threads are my morning routine.