Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I now have a piercing headache at the thought of having to work 8 consecutive hours every day without the forums to break up the monotony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Jedit posted:

I try to keep my discords down. I assume you'll post an invite in the Scream Stream discord if the worst happens?

Lurd posted the Scream Stream one

Lurdiak posted:

Hey everyone, the forums might go down in the very near future, so here's a friendly reminder that you can join the official Goon Horror Discord if you want to keep talking to goons about horror after Lowtax's assets are seized.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I finally get around to watching The Vampires Kiss and it's revealed in true Scooby-Doo fashion that the admin was the monster all along.

Who needs horror movies when we have 2020?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've been sassing the Taxman pretty hard in the relevant thread so I don't think I'm long for this world even if the forums survive.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Basebf555 posted:

I now have a piercing headache at the thought of having to work 8 consecutive hours every day without the forums to break up the monotony.

:same:

I just bought a light box too so I could post pretty pictures of my Warmahordes too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

Same, my bud. Like we were talking about the other day, this is pretty much the only horror community on the internet that isn't completely disgusting.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

flashy_mcflash posted:

Same, my bud. Like we were talking about the other day, this is pretty much the only horror community on the internet that isn't completely disgusting.

You can say that about most of the communities here :sigh:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Yeah horror groups are surprisingly chuddy*

*(it's not that surprising)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm glad you folks tipped me off to Letterboxd. I can move on without much of this forum but that feels like my lifeline to the spook-a-doodle crew if the worst happens.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

whats going on someone explain

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kvlt! posted:

whats going on someone explain

The owner of the forums has been accused of domestic violence and the forums may not survive it because nobody really wants to continue giving money to the guy and also the current mods don't seem enthusiastic about working for him.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

where else am i gonna be able to talk about horror movies behind a paywall so idiots like me dont get in

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Kvlt! posted:

where else am i gonna be able to talk about horror movies behind a paywall so idiots like me dont get in

It seems very possible there will be some kind of successor website created. Until then, lurk in the discord I guess

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

hm i dont have discord anymore

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

I'm glad you folks tipped me off to Letterboxd. I can move on without much of this forum but that feels like my lifeline to the spook-a-doodle crew if the worst happens.

Worst comes to worst I'm definitely going to continue posting on Letterboxd. I'll try Discord, but it's honestly too fast paced and low effort for me to get really excited about.

Speaking of Discord, would anyone be interested in me streaming Amer there at some point? I don't really know the etiquette. Am I supposed to ask Fran or Lurd or whoever? I'm still furloughed so I can pretty much do it at any time if there's interest.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Worst comes to worst I'm definitely going to continue posting on Letterboxd. I'll try Discord, but it's honestly too fast paced and low effort for me to get really excited about.

Speaking of Discord, would anyone be interested in me streaming Amer there at some point? I don't really know the etiquette. Am I supposed to ask Fran or Lurd or whoever? I'm still furloughed so I can pretty much do it at any time if there's interest.

You can just hop in the "Streaming" channel on CineD discord and schedule one there.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
yeah the discord moves way too fast to have any decent content posted, but I figure any SA replacement link will be posted there

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i prefer forums over discord too

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kvlt! posted:

i prefer forums over discord too

On discord if you called someone a poser it would probably be lost in the shuffle before that person even saw it. Not good.

Anyway if you really don't want to deal with Discord and would rather just PM someone(me or whoever you feel comfortable with) an email address, that person would then be able to reach out to you if/when a new landing spot has been decided on.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

awesome gonna pm u my email rn just shoot me an email when we have a new spot!

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Yeah horror groups are surprisingly chuddy*
*(it's not that surprising)

It can be amusing to see the mental callisthenics required to explain away the messaging in films like They Live and Dawn of the Dead but that gets old fast.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

awesome gonna pm u my email rn just shoot me an email when we have a new spot!

Can I have ur email too

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Can I have ur email too

yah i sent it

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I guess I'll have to dust off the discord login. See ya folks on the other side.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Join me on the CineD Discord on Saturday at 6pm EST. Where I'll be streaming Amer, followed by Alucarda, and In Fabric.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
drat that's a GOOD stream lineup

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Oooh I'll be there!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I will very much try and remember that and show up early enough to resolve any old man problems I have with discord or the stream like I had with Z Fest.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Regardless of what happens join the horror discord so at least when a plan is formulated you can find out what that plan is.

https://discord.gg/2HAks7

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Other than social media style groups, I don't think there's many webforums left out there anymore. I refuse to make a reddit account.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If nothing else its never a bad time to say that I really, really value you guys and over the last few years you've not only expanded my appreciation and love for horror and been real cool about the fact that I like normie poser stuff and hate Jason... but you've just been a cool and good part of my life. Hopefully that doesn't come to an end soon, but its never a bad time to say thank you.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I mean just on a selfish level I'm not even sure watching movies would be the same for me without this place. There has never been a time when I was seriously into film where this place wasn't available to me, and I have very few outlets in my real life to discuss film or even just find out about new and interesting areas of film that I haven't been exposed to yet. I would feel very lost.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Just join the discord there will always be a place for F13 ranking arguments and horror goons. We'll update everyone in the channel with what is occuring so don't feel as if its a replacement just a place to go and ask "Hey where can I go to argue about castration scenes".

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
My only problem with Discord is that it's great for chat, and not all that great for lurking.

I've largely been a lurker here, and I mostly will be until the bitter end, but I do want to say that this thread has been really fantastic, and has opened my eyes to a ton of my new favorite films.

Y'all are the best, posers and non-posers.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

I will very much try and remember that and show up early enough to resolve any old man problems I have with discord or the stream like I had with Z Fest.

I'll be streaming through Discord, which should be straightforward as long as we don't get over 50 people trying to watch. Plus I'll be doing a test stream beforehand so hopefully everyone will have time to work out any bugs :)

I'd also like to say thank you to everyone! I love you guys, and I'll be really loving bummed if the Bracketology thread doesn't get out of the first round

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

graventy posted:

My only problem with Discord is that it's great for chat, and not all that great for lurking.

I've largely been a lurker here, and I mostly will be until the bitter end, but I do want to say that this thread has been really fantastic, and has opened my eyes to a ton of my new favorite films.

Y'all are the best, posers and non-posers.

Same here. I love love love horror, but I'm generally too lazy to write up long, well-reasoned opinion posts about whatever dumb shlock fest I watched last or which cookiecutter big-budget horror franchise I like most/least. I'd much rather read the pros ITT discuss that stuff and then pass the opinions off as my own when I'm trying to impress goth-lite Tinder matches.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Jason X is the best horror movie ever made.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Theory: Jason X is just a lost episode of Doctor Who.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Theory: Jason X is just a lost episode of Doctor Who.

That can’t be true because it’s a lost episode of the nearly forgotten Canadian scifi series Andromeda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Drunkboxer posted:

That can’t be true because it’s a lost episode of the nearly forgotten Canadian scifi series Andromeda.

See its actually a failed North American revival out of Vancouver where Lexa Doig crosses over from Andromeda to become the Doctor's companion.

I have it on good authority the Doctor was played by Ben Browder.