Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

creamyhorror
Mar 11, 2006
the incredible adventures of superworm across America

Evil Trout posted:

I'm the co-founder of Discourse (not Discord, unfortunate similar names.)

https://www.discourse.org/

It seems most people want to move to chat, but does anyone else really prefer the forum format? I'm sure I could find a way to get a politics forum set up on Discourse. I know a lot of people here are probably really used to how SA works (pagination vs infinite scroll) and there would be a huge adjustment but I figured I'd offer in case there was any interest.

Discourse is nice, do do that

Also,
https://discord.gg/ahG7YVW <-- D&D Thunderdome, gathering area for refugees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

I also sent an email requesting an invite, since I don't have plat. Thanks.

tovarich
Feb 28, 2001

I'll take an invite, please

RazzMatazz
Oct 25, 2005
Hello, I'm an old lurker from USPOL and would like an invite to the discord please. Thanks!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Right now I'd say the priority is on being involved in any kind of off-site SA community in case Lowtax shows up and randomly bans a ton of people or closes half the forums or something

It's gonna take some time for any remotely organized or official successor community to come together, but in the meantime it's good to have an off-site way to find out about it, just in case. I'm pretty sure this forum is still gonna be around in a week, but it'd suck to get cut off from the SA communities forever if I'm wrong

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

ieatsoap6 posted:

Discord invite plz? username @ g-mail dot com

Same, I have PMs open or username @ g-mail dot com

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Discord invite plz 😬

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
I would love a PM with the discord invite. Thank you!

EDIT: RECEIVED

Catalyst-proof fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 24, 2020

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Please PM discord invite, thanks!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Please PM discord links if you are willing, yes.

Evil Trout
Nov 16, 2004

The evilest trout of them all

creamyhorror posted:

Discourse is nice, do do that

I'm not sure I'll make it to Discord, but can someone who does keep my contact information in case we want to spin up a forum in the future?

@eviltrout on twitter, my DMs are open. Or robin.ward [at] discourse.org

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'd join another discord. I have like 500 of em and what's another. I got PMs.

Born_In_Xixax
Feb 7, 2006
Fun Shoe
Sad days...this may be my first (and last) post on SA after a generation of lurking.

Thanks for a Discord invite, and appreciate the work of those trying to keep the community together by sharing.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Would love an invite please, PM's are open

Autarkeia
May 24, 2005
He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin'... Somethin's gonna happen.
Rat deserting ship. Send me an invite.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Invite me please!!

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
Could I also get a Discord invite plz?

This place is my last link to the Internet Before Times, and I don't know how to use Twitter, so this is where I get my news and rational discourse.

EDIT: I think I'm in!

NecroBob fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 24, 2020

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
I too would like a PMed discord invite.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I would like a discord invite, just to be safe.

abnormAl is here
Jan 3, 2007
Followed the link to the authenticated ones so edited out request. Thanks so much to everyone trying to preserve this community, I have learned a lot even through just lurking.

abnormAl is here fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 24, 2020

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

One discord invite please. I've got PMs.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 24, 2020

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I truly hope there's some way to get loving Richard to hand the site over to admins and fully sever himself from this community, because it's a good place and full of generally good people and I'd hate to lose it.

I would appreciate a discord invite via PM if possible, please and thank you very much.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Would like a discord invite as well.

Lazarus Long
Dec 13, 2002
Uhhh. I suppose I can try to figure out this Discord thing. Send me an invite plz

TDOM
Apr 4, 2002
Long time lurker and would like a discord invite. Don't have PM but I'll send you an email from tdom dot sa at gmail dot com for verification.

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007
PM discord please

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda
I’ll take a discord link PM. Thanks.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Please PM me a discord invite ty

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Just pick one from https://goondiscordnetwork.com/ get authenticated

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
I'll take an invite by DM, cheers.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

Right now I'd say the priority is on being involved in any kind of off-site SA community in case Lowtax shows up and randomly bans a ton of people or closes half the forums or something

It's gonna take some time for any remotely organized or official successor community to come together, but in the meantime it's good to have an off-site way to find out about it, just in case. I'm pretty sure this forum is still gonna be around in a week, but it'd suck to get cut off from the SA communities forever if I'm wrong

Yeah it's this. The current situation isn't sustainable; we're exploring how to preserve the site and the communities on it, but there's always the chance that everything explodes. If nothing else, there's the mod contact disord linked in the D&D rules thread, and if worst comes to worst I'll keep everyone updated via that.

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

I lurk uspol mainly but I would really appreciate a discord invite. I have PMs :)

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

I have PMs. Please send a discord invite my way.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Forums are far superior to chat rooms.

This.

If there is a effort to buy the forums, I’d probably send money at that.

Paladin K
Jan 18, 2005
Super lurker with out PMs, can I get a discord invite at Im.ly.awesome@gmail.com

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Please PM me an invite.

MixMasterMoose
Mar 20, 2004
Please send a discord invite. I have PM's.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Pm please, I just want to be sure I've joined this one too

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
There's a D&D USPOL server with a fancy goon authbot here

Mr Scumbag posted:

The Authbot is live. The link to the discord is: https://discord.gg/3K9cg27

Go there and follow instructions.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Could I please get an invite via PMs as well?