Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
So for some reason a lot of people are interested in finding alternate sites and communities to talk about politics in, whether because they don't know if SA is going to be around next week or because buying forums stuff right now is a real uncomfortable thing to be doing. But let's be real, the vast majority of politics sites loving suck. How the gently caress are we going to follow poo poo without the SA community, and who are we gonna have fun posting with without the SA community? Just wander into the horrendous wastes of Twitter? Hell no! What makes SA great isn't the site or the URL or the owner - it's the community of wonderful people who, for the most part, are way less lovely than everywhere else on the web. I'm not usually one to open up, but I don't keep coming back to this site every day for Lowtax, I keep coming back to post with funny, knowledgeable, and generally decent posters like yourselves.

So where am I going with all this? Regardless of what happens with SA, I wanna keep the community going, and I want to have places outside of SA to talk about stuff with funny and knowledgeable people who aren't tremendous assholes and jerks. So let's talk about other sites where people can talk politics in a non-lovely environment, offsites where people can post with SA community members, and of course discords. A politics focus is preferred but not required - I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves being able to drop a big effortpost and then hop over to Games or GWS or something to nerd out over entertainment. We're here in D&D for politics and stuff, but we're not on SA just for that, we're here for the larger community.

Keep in mind that these forums are essentially public and that KF and other poo poo offsites are watching right now, and so for stuff where it's hard to vet new users (like Discords) it might be better to PM links rather than posting them publicly. You can ask to be PMed discord links here too.

Whatever happens, it's been great posting with y'all, and I hope it continues somewhere or somehow.

UPDATE: If you don't have PMs, you can email me at mainpaineframe@gmail.com and I will pass stuff along to you. There's also a read-only D&D mod Discord that we have running just so people can send us Discord PMs, located here: https://discord.gg/ScGa9Vn

I might not get back to you for a little while because I'm at work now, and also I wanna look into the feasibility of doing some kind of verification before I start directing people to discords and poo poo. But I created that account just now for the specific purpose of passing stuff along to users who don't have PMs

List of current D&D Discord attempts:
USPol Discord: https://discord.gg/3K9cg27
D&D Thunderdome: https://discord.gg/ahG7YVW

Main Paineframe fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Would really appreciate a discord invite. Posted in the other thread, but not sure if it got overlooked.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I also would like to have a discord invite 🙂

Flampax Bampon
Feb 17, 2004

Looters and rioters are better then peaceful protests. I also hate the first amendment and think that it's funny when people I disagree with are badly
Would like an invite, please

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Got it

Thanks for your time.

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 24, 2020

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

discord invite please

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
Discord invite plz? username @ g-mail dot com

Unburned Account
May 22, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Using an alt... would love a discord invite via email to danieldhawley AT gmail

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I'd like to have a Discord PM please.

This forum is a great place to have a relaxed and formalized discussion about stuff. I don't really know where else I will get my political news and discussions about it. Other subforums are great too.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
I would like a discord invite please.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Mostly lurker, but I need you people in my life. If someone could PM me the link, I'd be grateful

edit: I can't help but notice I don't have a link to the new discord. Plz, anybody?

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 24, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Would appreciate an invite to the Discord.

Mentat
May 5, 2005
E: thanks for the invite!

Mentat fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 24, 2020

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Forgot to mention I don't have PMs, so I could receive it via email: tgs14 at protonmail dot com

TyrantWD fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 24, 2020

MRSMO
Apr 20, 2009
Lurker here, I would like a Discord invite, I forgot to turn on PMs when I asked for one in the USPol thread.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
A discord invite would be nice, thanks.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Invite me I have PM

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Really would like an invite please and thank you.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

This is super lovely news to wake up to. I mostly lurk but have been around since 08 and I waste hours at a time scrolling SA to cheer me up when I'm down.

Disc invite to outerdarkdesigns at Gmail, please 💕

Elvis Enwright
Jun 22, 2004
just like any other man, only more so
I'd like a Discord invite as well. As a lurker, i don't have PMs, so (stealing from saltylopez's plan) can someone send me an invite to e.enwright at the google electronic mail company, please?

Much appreciated!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

PM me please

Blue Ribbon Pooper
Feb 27, 2011

I would like a discord invite as well.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I've been reading D&D daily for, like, 17 years. While I don't post a lot anymore here (I'm mostly in GWS and AI), I still follow all of these threads every day. Regardless of the forums drama, I really value this place.

If anyone would PM me a discord link, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

And if anyone can figure out how to keep these dead gay forums alive even through pending disaster and you need a hand, let me know.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Invite please! Long time lurker but I have PMs :)

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If somebody can set up the discord and add it to the Goon Discord Network with an invite that doesn't expire so that goons without PM's can join it that would be super loving cool.

The Goon Politichat/D&D discord's invite is broken on https://goondiscordnetwork.com/

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014
can I get a disc invite to walkmasterco at google's mail

WE DOIN IT NOW
Jun 18, 2005

Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon.
I'll take an invite as well please! Have PM's.

Ashheap Empire
Jul 22, 2000

Kings taste terrible at best
and rest in peace raw
The rest are recipes
*CAAAWWWW*
This is the only discussion forum worth a single drat. I'd like a discord invite just in case.

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

Mostly a lurker in D&D, but I'd like an invite too.

Edit - Got in

Blorange fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 24, 2020

Barristicide
Sep 2, 2012
No PM's but I'd like a discord link. My Google email is finegrindcafe

Thanks!

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I'd like an invite please.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
I would like an invite as well. I can barely keep track of anything these days without the news feed from D&D

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer
EDIT: Got it, thank you!

Springtime Goddess fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 24, 2020

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I'd like a link through PMs, please.

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

I'll take a discord link. Thanks for making this thread, I didn't want to add to the dog pile in USPOL asking for a one

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I have PMs, might as well get a Discord invite.

JacobinPhoney
Mar 21, 2013
One invite please. I jut want to lurk and take in the schadenfreude when Trump loses with you beautiful people.

H.P. Grenade
Oct 21, 2003

Smooth.
One invite via PM, please!

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

A discord invite PM would be excellent please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nth Term
Nov 6, 2012
Echoing not having PMs. arbitraryplace at the google email site if anybody is willing to send me an email invite.