Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Tashilicious posted:

For everyone asking for Bread and Roses invites;

BreadnRoses.net is the site

if you can afford it, I would ask to please consider purchasing the account. We can send out invites, but right now that's twice as much work to get people without PMs, in random threads.

If you HAVE already registered with a paid account; we let you through, paypal was being wonky and not letting auth happen

For those who got a previous invite and are being asked to register; give us a bit to manually auth it.

If you have PMs, and are in discord/IRL with another good who wants in but doesn't, PM me with their info/username/be a gobetween for the invite codes maybe.

If you have PMs and cannot afford the :10bux: PM me. This might take a bit.
We are uh

We got a whole lot of registrations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

withak posted:

wat is ETA on my approval on breadnroses after receipt of filthy lucre.

took about ten minutes for me

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

what's the forums equivalent of a precinct we can burn down

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

That's doomed to fail and any price other than $10 for comedy purposes would be too much, and frankly I'm probably being generous with the $10.

Do what you think you gotta do, but I hope y'all can recognize when to just cut yourself loose.

either SA goes on without Lowtax or it doesn’t go on. no other options imo.

gorgmatic
Apr 25, 2006

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't
ALLAH IS ALL MERCIFUL

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

Goons With Spoons

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Weedle posted:

i had a beer with that guy. he's cool

ferrinus run mage

withak posted:

wat is ETA on my approval on breadnroses after receipt of filthy lucre.

as soon as we get to it, we've had 1-2 people working on apps all morning and usually just 1 as i've been in here posting and telling people to join up

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

we just got 40 new requests in the last ten minutes, so bear with us please :D

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I suppose we could poo poo up a random thread?

WHOSE FORUMS OUR FORUMS

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

gorgmatic posted:

Goons With Spoons

:mad:

gorgmatic
Apr 25, 2006

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't
ALLAH IS ALL MERCIFUL

I kid, I kid. I got a bread pudding recipe off the wiki about *mumbles into hand* years ago and its been a staple of Thanksgiving dinners since.

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
I bet $100 bucks Lowtax pivots the forums into an Alt-Right hub to get more cash. I give it a year.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I hope whatever comes of this takes governance seriously. there’s got to be an alternative to capitalist algorithmic hellscape of advertising and backwater cliques run by sociopaths

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzeNBRbWXpI

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

qcs, but it's the mods burning it like those cops

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Lightning Knight posted:

You got a twitter account or something similar on the off chance lowtax abruptly pulls the plug before the mod team settle on a plan / offsite?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
live feed of the patreon:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Tirade posted:

You got a twitter account or something similar on the off chance lowtax abruptly pulls the plug before the mod team settle on a plan / offsite?

I do have a twitter account under my forums name, but I’m not going to self-advertise. I’m not hard to find tho.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lightning Knight posted:

I'm ready to cancel my account if he stays.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

thanks LK for keeping us abreast of what’s going on and sorry you got treated like a forums riot cop in the GBS thread even though you technically are one

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

OpenSourceBurger posted:

I bet $100 bucks Lowtax pivots the forums into an Alt-Right hub to get more cash. I give it a year.

This. He'll ban everyone in CSPAM and try to make it nazi central.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

oh hey look there's an announcement now

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Yinlock posted:

2 possibilities i can think of

1) lowtax's patreon hits 0 and he destroys the forums out of spite

2) chuds somehow get wind of this and make lowtax a millionaire in the name of free speech

Yeah I am afraid of the latter possibility. He needs the money, he needs the mods, and he might be able to get both by making SA a Nazi safe space. He's already hated by the community as it stands, so why not go full joker mode?

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008
Longtime lurker since 2005, read the forums with the lovely curse filter for years before ponying up my :10bux: in 2008. Hardly ever post but read the forums daily, LF in the 2008 election was a formative political experience for me and CSPAM continues to be. Thank you to all the good posters who make this community worthwhile, I hope something like it can persist somewhere.

Signed up for BnR and paid a much more worthwhile :10bux: there under username Frenzied Cow, and doing the Discord thing as well.

gently caress u lowtax ban me bitch

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
SA is his identity. He wouldn't sell it for megabucks at the height of its popularity, I doubt he will now.

I feel like modmins are overstating their own importance. He has cleared house and installed a new crew before.

I do not feel optimistic.

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
First C-Spam is gonna get banned

Then all the rules regarding hate speech and all that get revoked.

Subforums dedicated to 'Alternative Views' get created to foster the Alt-Right subset.

Slowly those subforums start taking over the rest of the forums.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TTerrible posted:

SA is his identity. He wouldn't sell it for megabucks at the height of its popularity, I doubt he will now.

I feel like modmins are overstating their own importance. He has cleared house and installed a new crew before.

I do not feel optimistic.

That's where the mass exodus solution comes in. :shrug:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

OpenSourceBurger posted:

First C-Spam is gonna get banned

Then all the rules regarding hate speech and all that get revoked.

Subforums dedicated to 'Alternative Views' get created to foster the Alt-Right subset.

Slowly those subforums start taking over the rest of the forums.

As much as lowtax might think otherwise, these forums don't exist without us. He goes or we go.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'm on the cool zone discord, but I hear there's another discord, could someone pm me a join link?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

fknlo posted:

As much as lowtax might think otherwise, these forums don't exist without us. He goes or we go.

A people without a forum creat a new forum

a forum without people ceases to exist

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

i twirled it up my dickeye

petey last night i was thinking about danhenge, the henge made of dan, something nobody hast thought about in a decade

sometimes i think about l*ws biking across the country and crashing at my house

THS
Sep 15, 2017

ive shat on every time people thought lowtax was doomed and i’ve been right every time. this is probably the big one though. i hope that SA is taken over in an orderly fashion, or an organized, centralized new forum is created instead of each subforum creating tiny niche off-sites

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Source4Leko posted:

This. He'll ban everyone in CSPAM and try to make it nazi central.

We’ll all go down together

Weedle
May 31, 2006

MockingQuantum posted:

I'm on the cool zone discord, but I hear there's another discord, could someone pm me a join link?

could someone pm me a link to both of these

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I'm not paying for another forum. SA has been circling the drain for a while. Hate to see people leave and it collapse but whatever. So long mfers.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/dear-richard/

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
so is bnr the place or discords or what

i should just stop posting, but this crisis tests my honor

THS
Sep 15, 2017

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

fuckkkkk

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

It's dickety dickety so i guess the dumbest outcome is likeliest. Lowtax will sell the forums to 4chan or something and somehow get a settlement for wrapping his sports car around a tree while pilled to the gills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

MockingQuantum posted:

Wait cool zone discord? I don't think I got that invite, hook me up

Petey posted:

so is bnr the place or discords or what

i should just stop posting, but this crisis tests my honor

Join breadnroses.net, it is chill