Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Petey posted:

so is bnr the place or discords or what

i should just stop posting, but this crisis tests my honor

people are still figuring it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

QUEER FRASIER posted:

thanks LK for keeping us abreast of what’s going on and sorry you got treated like a forums riot cop in the GBS thread even though you technically are one

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

THS
Sep 15, 2017

people should be very careful of various grifters, cranks, and nazis exploiting this series of events, btw

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

well he's not gonna see his 40 bucks for that article

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

:nice:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

THS posted:

people should be very careful of various grifters, cranks, and nazis exploiting this series of events, btw

I'm not a Nazi, at least. Grifting and crankery, those are my jam

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i believe logan. i believe tara. loving ban people who don't.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

THS posted:

ive shat on every time people thought lowtax was doomed and i’ve been right every time. this is probably the big one though. i hope that SA is taken over in an orderly fashion, or an organized, centralized new forum is created instead of each subforum creating tiny niche off-sites

yeah tbh instead of trying to reason w/ lowtax its probably better to already start working on the alternative.

lol this is really the end huh

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

would this count as the first ever front-page Banme?

mad props for the vision there. absolute legend.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
without his dumb loving patreon, he has no incentive to keep this site as it is worth negative dollars. The only acceptable way to pay off richard is to a trust fund for his kids or something that he can't touch

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
turns out uwe boll was the good guy all along

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah tbh instead of trying to reason w/ lowtax its probably better to already start working on the alternative.

yeah ethically trying to pay off lowtax is pretty bad, even if it’s to get rid of him

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the forums, long united, must be divided

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
eat poo poo, lowtax

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

You're a good mod.

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
Lowtax: Hey gang lemmee introduce our new supporters: The proud boys

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

any mod who stays under a lowtax regime is a coward and a traitor

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

THS posted:

yeah ethically trying to pay off lowtax is pretty bad, even if it’s to get rid of him

oh it’s not that the idea of giving him money thrills us, it’s that it’s the path of least resistance at this time.

at the rate his patreon is going and how much his reputation is poo poo, it may not be very much money at this point either lmao

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

:wow:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
all he had to do was not domestically abuse. but he can’t help it. he loves it

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Maybe this has been covered already but I registered with "BnR" using an invite code and it tells me to go to a page that doesn't seem to exist, or at least I can't access it:

https://breadnroses.net/threads/invite-codes.822/%22%3E

What do I do in this situation?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
CSPAM has good people in it.

if this poo poo ends i love u all

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

offer him ten dollars for the forums

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Would like an invite to BnR if possible. Pretty much broke now with work hours being cut further. I have PMs.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

before any of this goes, it's time to say the forbidden word one last time

you knew that Integral was going to come down on you, Lowtax, so you made it a word no one could say.

isn't it weird that the whole forum system was designed to punish people that breathed a word about what went down between him and his girlfriend?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

oxsnard posted:

turns out uwe boll was the good guy all along

He always has been. A proper man of honor

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
imagine getting paid six figgies a year to sit around and masturbate and the only job requirement was "dont beat your spouse" and you gently caress up at that

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i don't know anythign about making forums and websites but surely it can't be THAT hard to replicate these forums on modern software and maybe not that expensive to host on whatever cloud service (probably less than lowtax gets on patreon).. just saying..

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Zerilan posted:

I will check this place out when I have a tenbux to spend to register.

join their discord and talk with someone, the paywall on BNR was primarily in place to act as a filter, not revenue generation

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

if you do end up buy the forums from lowtax please use an escrow agent to make sure he follows through on delivering all needed poo poo to complete the takeover tia

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Zerilan posted:

Would like an invite to BnR if possible. Pretty much broke now with work hours being cut further. I have PMs.

PMed you.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Honestly as much as I hate the idea of anyone giving Lowtax money now, I love this community and hope there's an option for us to chip in so I can donate some if we are able to end up buying the forums at least from him somehow.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Maya Fey posted:

i don't know anythign about making forums and websites but surely it can't be THAT hard to replicate these forums on modern software and maybe not that expensive to host on whatever cloud service (probably less than lowtax gets on patreon).. just saying..

The expensive part is hosting the database server. SA has a long history as a forum far more active than it currently is. The database for running it is massive.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've spent years and years around the forums. One of the biggest benefits has been learning particular posters as I see them posting across the politics, and movies, and games, and etc forums and learning whether they align with my interests / are worth listening to. Another big benefit has been being able to wander off to a new thread in a favorite subforum or even a new subforum and develop new interests. That's how I started looking at CSPAM for example (and I've learned so much in Ask Tell). Splintered discords and offsites will not offer this. I am not an angel investor techboi but I would contribute to keeping these forums alive away from Lowtax.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

buying it out from him now is probably better than him continuing to profit off the site indefinitely

no ethical consumption, etc

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I *may* receive my first unemployment check this Friday, and if so I would be able to part with $10 to register on BnR then. Given the possibility that Lowtax might rage-delete the forums before then, if someone has a spare invite and can PM me I would truly appreciate it!

I mostly lurk but drat I dunno what I would do with my daily CSPAM. I... can't even imagine it?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Are there any tools to rip the contents of a thread? I'd like to copy the astral horror recc thread for future reference

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

King of Solomon posted:

The expensive part is hosting the database server. SA has a long history as a forum far more active than it currently is. The database for running it is massive.

well who gives a poo poo about the archives you can barely access them anyway, just provide a single place for people to move to that looks like here and doesn't have any stupid "like" or score-keeping feature so people don't just disappear into 900 different discord servers. tabula rasa baby

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

lowtax should become a cop if he needs money, he's already got the required skills from what I can tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
gently caress. This has been my home on the internets for the last 20 years.

Is there a Cspam Discord or something?