Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Wibla posted:

Then just send them that and ask if you need to post the invoice on twitter with Elon tagged to get poo poo sorted.

I already sent that invoice to the service people 3 days ago with no resolution. So twitter is the best way to sort this out? drat, I guess I'll make an account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

lostleaf posted:

I already sent that invoice to the service people 3 days ago with no resolution. So twitter is the best way to sort this out? drat, I guess I'll make an account.

Twitter reps usually have more power than your average customer rep to get things sorted out. This is unfortunately true for most companies nowadays.

Xel
Jan 21, 2003

FSD was an extra 7k in 2018. If you paid 3k extra then that's only Enhanced Autopilot (which is no longer purchasable, but allows autopilot with lane change but not FSD features)

edit: nvm got the numbers wrong, EAP was 5k and FSD was 3k extra on top of that. If you have the invoice you might be able to get it fixed by driving to a service center.

Xel fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 24, 2020

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Russian Bear posted:

Twitter reps usually have more power than your average customer rep to get things sorted out. This is unfortunately true for most companies nowadays.

IT's a shame that in order to get stuff done nowadays you have to complain loudly to the entire internet.

stevewm
May 10, 2005
Tesla sounds like they have similar internal bureaucracy to telecom companies...

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
On that note, sounds like JD power put them dead last in initial quality for whatever that's worth :laffo:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Unattached seats are gonna do that for you I guess.

Opel is making a Mokka EV, looks like they're going for a Manta A look with this one and I loving love it

I mean the paint job, the CUV thing is kind of meh

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

gwrtheyrn posted:

On that note, sounds like JD power put them dead last in initial quality for whatever that's worth :laffo:

Well that's an easy fix, just pay JD power to put them somewhere else on the list.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Finger Prince posted:

Well that's an easy fix, just pay JD power to put them somewhere else on the list.

Is JD Power like BBB then?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Is JD Power like BBB then?

No, it’s based on owner surveys. The initial quality survey is sent to owners and leasees of new vehicles after 90 days and asks them to report on issues. Auto makers are then ranked based on the number of problems reported on average. They could game it for money but the results generally make no sense if good scores can be bought.

It’s not a very useful measure of absolute quality since buyers of, say, a Lexus might have higher expectations and be more likely to report minor issues than, say, a Chevy.

But it can give you some idea of which car makers are doing a better job at meeting the expectations of their buyers when it comes to the initial ownership experience.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Yeah I got mixed up, you pay them if you want to display the results of the survey. Still, it's not like they're an independent auditor or anything.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

It's even more impressive considering the bazingas who are True Believers wouldn't report issues to JD Power for fear of damaging the cause, but I guess it makes sense as more regular owners buy them

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I wonder how much of that is "Tesla doesn't show you how to use the car a whole bunch, and owners get kinda confused by things they didn't bother digging into the user's manual for." Because it might just be fixable for some of their issues. Someone on other social media who claimed they used to work for JD Power mentioned what owners consider "issues" can be extremely minor poo poo like not knowing how to adjust their seat.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Westy543 posted:

I wonder how much of that is "Tesla doesn't show you how to use the car a whole bunch, and owners get kinda confused by things they didn't bother digging into the user's manual for." Because it might just be fixable for some of their issues. Someone on other social media who claimed they used to work for JD Power mentioned what owners consider "issues" can be extremely minor poo poo like not knowing how to adjust their seat.

That applies to every brand to some extent, though maybe more to tesla since everything is in a touchscreen interface. I saw someone complaining that their car didn't have heated mirrors, when in fact the car did, but they only turned on if rear defrost was on.

Who reads their owners manual :rolleyes:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

gwrtheyrn posted:

That applies to every brand to some extent, though maybe more to tesla since everything is in a touchscreen interface. I saw someone complaining that their car didn't have heated mirrors, when in fact the car did, but they only turned on if rear defrost was on.

Who reads their owners manual :rolleyes:

I do! Games don't come with manuals anymore so this is the next best thing. Going through every page of my Volt's manual right after buying it was magical :allears:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I do! Games don't come with manuals anymore so this is the next best thing. Going through every page of my Volt's manual right after buying it was magical :allears:

:stonklol:

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I... might have read my Volt's manual cover to cover over the course of 3 days before driving it much more than like to the store and back. Is... that unusual? :ohdear:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Not to me

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I'd say reading manuals and contracts is unusual. I haven't read my owners manual, but I also use almost 0 features of my car....like I don't even use cruise control. That being said, I'm probably in the like 0.1% of people who actually read every lease I signed when I was in university in full, not that it does much good. I also read most of the insane amount of paperwork my parents signed when they bought their house...again for 0 benefit because I'm not a lawyer and they signed it anyways without asking about it

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

gwrtheyrn posted:

I'd say reading manuals and contracts is unusual. I haven't read my owners manual, but I also use almost 0 features of my car....like I don't even use cruise control. That being said, I'm probably in the like 0.1% of people who actually read every lease I signed when I was in university in full, not that it does much good. I also read most of the insane amount of paperwork my parents signed when they bought their house...again for 0 benefit because I'm not a lawyer and they signed it anyways without asking about it

When I signed my lease agreement, I kinda gave the finance guy a look of terror when he said "oh! You're one of those guys who reads the lease agreement front and back before signing. Don't really get a lot of those. Most people just sign and out on their way. Been a few weeks at least."

The updated lease agreement form they had been using for the past 6-8 months didn't include gap insurance. The salespeople (and the finance guy) just assumed it did. :stonk: (I made them include it in writing.)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Hell, I bought a manual for my 25-year old truck on ebay (it looks brand new, even the vinyl cover) and am reading it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I bought a owner's manual for my '87 Corolla, and read it. Learned how to lock the trunk to keep the inside release from working, and lock out the fold down seats, so the trunk area is actually somewhat secure, among other things.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Darchangel posted:

I bought a owner's manual for my '87 Corolla, and read it. Learned how to lock the trunk to keep the inside release from working, and lock out the fold down seats, so the trunk area is actually somewhat secure, among other things.

Are you storing hookers in your trunk?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Uh, no, why do you ask? Did someone tell you something? Who was it?

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
I just finished the entire Model 3 owners manual and learned valuable stuff like ""Never read Caraoke lyrics while driving."

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I've thought about reading the Model 3 manual since I want to buy one after my lease, but they like update it and poo poo? So I don't want to have to re-read it again when I buy the car. Does it come with a paper one?

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

I read the owners manual for the Prius Prime and I don’t even own one. (Though considering) You can learn a lot about the features a car has that the website never mentions, and reviewers say it doesn’t.

I read the manual for the rental convertible beetle I had as well. I didn’t want to gently caress up the roof. :ohdear:

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Westy543 posted:

I've thought about reading the Model 3 manual since I want to buy one after my lease, but they like update it and poo poo? So I don't want to have to re-read it again when I buy the car. Does it come with a paper one?
I just found a recent PDF version on Tesla's website while I wait for delivery but the whole manual is full of warnings that the software is regularly updated so diagrams of screens may not match and that not all features are enabled in all markets.

MrPablo
Mar 21, 2003

Yuns posted:

I just found a recent PDF version on Tesla's website while I wait for delivery but the whole manual is full of warnings that the software is regularly updated so diagrams of screens may not match and that not all features are enabled in all markets.

Not that it helps you, but the manual is also available through the touchscreen in the car itself.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Doug Demuro makes $20k/month from reading a manual to idiots on YouTube in front of a car. And so can you

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you forgot a 0 in that estimate.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

My rep was very responsive when she thought I was taking delivery in June but now that I've pushed back delivery I get no responses at all to multiple emails so I'm getting the full Tesla ordering experience now.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Tesla has no patience for financially responsible buyers.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Yuns posted:

My rep was very responsive when she thought I was taking delivery in June but now that I've pushed back delivery I get no responses at all to multiple emails so I'm getting the full Tesla ordering experience now.

Lol owned. They’ll probably reply July 1.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
I got swapped delivery advisors the first one was great and then the second one kind of ignored me so I emailed the first guy who apparently had changed positions. Anyway I guess he put a fire under her. She called me and was really honest “basically I’m slammed right now and gonna ignore the poo poo out of you until they assign you a VIN.”

So that’s what I’d probably expect for now. Although like I said in prior post once the quarter is over they’ll probably get better.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Westy543 posted:

OK Boomer.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

The car is fully self driving, what does it need a manual for

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Its kinda like an in-flight magazine

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Infinotize posted:

The car is fully self driving, what does it need a manual for

You don't need to understand your robot overlord. Move along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Just saw this Big Boye next to me on the road while going out for lunch. It had a car hauler trailer filled with Teslas, I've never seen it on a public road before.

https://twitter.com/Westy543/status/1276591954134876161