Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Il Federale posted:

wasnt there another lowtax goon gf after integral that was memory-holed after they broke up

did she ever make any allegations

LadyAmbien... uh, his wife that I forget the name of that might have been an admin as well?...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.
idk what is worse:

Lowtax being an abusive piece of literal garbage

or

all the long-time Lowtax haters and anti-SA zealots squealing with joy and shouting, "I told you so!" while having their sad, pathetic existence validated at the expense of the mental/physical health of Lowtax's victims.

j/k both are poor excuses for human beings

Ron Jeremy posted:

Why do the offsite forums suck? Is it just the network effect? There’s nothing special about the forums that can’t be done better

1) community 2) variety 3) strict moderation

you're not wrong, but I think the broad audience that the forums has tends to lead to a lot of mixing of groups, which helps mitigate the echo chamber effect to some degree and keeps things in check. Don't get me wrong, bullshit circle jerks exist here, but they tend to be worse elsewhere.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

it was unreal

Where's this piece of poo poo now?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

ArfJason posted:

it was unreal

yikes!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Ron Jeremy posted:

Why do the offsite forums suck? Is it just the network effect? There’s nothing special about the forums that can’t be done better

sa has a compliocated posting ecosystem that sustains its parts in ways that aren;t instantly obvious until you try to transplant bits of it elsewhere imo

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Everyone on SA versus lowtax rn

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

fishing with the fam posted:

I have checked a bunch of threads and I have not seen a single, solitary post defending lowtax.

This forum is a good forum with good posters.

Yeah, hopefully this place can continue to exist. I imagine deep down inside lowtax probably knows that this is a good place filled with good people, so I hope that he can agreeably pass the torch to someone less.... domestic abuse-y.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

bewbies posted:

dude, your avatar freaked me out

(hugs)

we need avatar solidarity in this time of crisis

Haha heyoo I just got it from one of these avatar threads around

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ArfJason posted:

it was unreal

PathAsc show yourself coward, fight me

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I remember the first wife from him posting about her, did he meet the 2nd and 3rd ones through the site?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Did we ever figure out which one of the Space Robots to trust? If we're no longer protected by our stairs, we'll have to trust one or the other... :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_CoY0sBb1M

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

whats the actual context on this this owns

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I just came back to say that the sooner Lowtax gets ousted the better

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dear Richard,

Missouri devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. Thou shalt not, thou son of a whore, make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, gently caress thy mother.

Thou Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw thine own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Set it up so the forum income goes to paying child support for his kids.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

EorayMel posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks

Deadreak
Jul 16, 2004

Я никому не хочу 

Aginor posted:

Where's this piece of poo poo now?

Probably protesting wearing masks in public and screaming all lives matter.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ArfJason posted:

it was unreal

What the everloving gently caress. When did this happen?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Breadallelogram posted:

lol somebody got a 24 hour probation for bumping a thread from january to poo poo on lowtax. Jose you are a loving dork.

Jose has always been a loving div lol

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/dear-richard/ it's been an honor entertaining you unpleasable dipshits

:sbahj:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Ron Jeremy posted:

The network effect is really powerful. Like, it probably wouldn't be impossible to migrate 90% of the population of any given forum to a new place, but there's something really nice about posting in, say, a couple games threads most of the time but being able to dip into SH/SC or TBB when you need to. Balkanization removes that, and as hard as getting a single forum to move over is, it'd be functionally impossible to get all of them to move wholesale to a single alternative.

The way to do it would probably be for every mod to lock/delete every thread except a stickied one pointing to the replacement forum, which still relies on Lowtax not throwing The Big Switch when he sees what's happening. At which point he might as well just hand over the keys.

Realistically he should just open fyad.com where he and the people here that think like him can post like its 1999 again.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
that new marketing director really created a buzz about the site

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010

EorayMel posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

DaveSauce posted:

idk what is worse:

or

all the long-time Lowtax haters and anti-SA zealots squealing with joy and shouting, "I told you so!" while having their sad, pathetic existence validated at the expense of the mental/physical health of Lowtax's victims.

definitely the first one dumbass

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Cool, great, you absolute loving dipshit

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
COUP COUP COUP COUP!!!

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i regret ever previously posting in support of lowtax gently caress him

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
We all thought he was Owen Hart, and in the end he was Vince all along

We all bought it

Even his mods bought it

And there is nothing he won't do to make his SO's life a living, Hell!

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

when is this abusive coward going to show up to defend himself, I will spend the entire day F5ing this thread waiting for it but I won’t be happy about it

DaveSauce posted:

idk what is worse:

or

it actually seems pretty clear cut that the first one is worse, OP

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

You tellin me the man who enjoyed FYAD is scum? Color me surprised

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

DaveSauce posted:

stop posting

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Deadreak posted:

Probably protesting wearing masks in public and screaming all lives matter.

No doubt! I'll stomp him as hard as I stomp Kyanka.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

DaveSauce posted:

idk what is worse:

or

the woman beating is definitely worse and if you're really sitting there thinking "gee, I don't know what's worse, the fact that this guy beats the poo poo out of all the women he's been with or the fact that some internet jerks might be gloating now that people are turning on him" then I'm sorry, but you have terminal internet poisoning

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Aginor posted:

No doubt! I'll stomp him as hard as I stomp Kyanka.

so not at all as you sit in your chair

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Patreon approaching the $4k milestone

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

DaveSauce posted:

idk what is worse:

or

1) community 2) variety 3) strict moderation

you're not wrong, but I think the broad audience that the forums has tends to lead to a lot of mixing of groups, which helps mitigate the echo chamber effect to some degree and keeps things in check. Don't get me wrong, bullshit circle jerks exist here, but they tend to be worse elsewhere.

Heh yeah it’s dumb to have opinions about things. As an intellectual I am always in the exact middle.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Yeah, hopefully this place can continue to exist. I imagine deep down inside lowtax probably knows that this is a good place filled with good people, so I hope that he can agreeably pass the torch to someone less.... domestic abuse-y.

you're talking about a guy who has so tightly ingrained his entire life to a website that his sole profession for the last 16 or so years has to been "receive money from a website when people get banned" and "receive money from a website when people make a tiny figure of a person making GBS threads in 32 by 32 pixels"

this is basically a fight for his livelihood and his soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Sultan Mehmed IV to the Zaporozhian Cossacks: As the Sultan; son of Muhammad; brother of the sun and moon; grandson and viceroy of God; ruler of the kingdoms of Macedonia, Babylon, Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Egypt; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Jesus Christ; trustee chosen by God Himself; the hope and comfort of Muslims; confounder and great defender of Christians – I command you, the Zaporogian Cossacks, to submit to me voluntarily and without any resistance, and to desist from troubling me with your attacks.
— Turkish Sultan Mehmed IV

The Cossacks' reply came as a stream of invective and vulgar rhymes:

Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. Thou shalt not, thou son of a whore, make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, gently caress thy mother.

Thou Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw thine own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!
— Koshovyi otaman Ivan Sirko, with the whole Zaporozhian Host

:laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: