Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DaveSauce posted:

idk what is worse:

Lowtax being an abusive piece of literal garbage

or

all the long-time Lowtax haters and anti-SA zealots squealing with joy and shouting, "I told you so!" while having their sad, pathetic existence validated at the expense of the mental/physical health of Lowtax's victims.

j/k both are poor excuses for human beings

Shut the gently caress up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Rarity posted:

I'm catching up with the thread now but it's moving way too fast so I figured I'd take the chance to drop a big hefty gently caress Lowtax here while I can
Rarity, you are a good poster, and I hope we meet again someday in a forum not owned by a piece of poo poo

sparksbloom
Apr 30, 2006

DaveSauce posted:

idk what is worse:

or

all the long-time Lowtax haters and anti-SA zealots squealing with joy and shouting, "I told you so!" while having their sad, pathetic existence validated at the expense of the mental/physical health of Lowtax's victims.

it's actually the domestic violence, it's worse than people being smug online

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Mod Coup Mods Knew

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Some things I've always wondered that maybe, in these end days, I can get answered.

1. What kind of ethnicity is the surname 'Kyanka' anyway? Never heard it before or since.
2. Whatever became of Fragmaster?

lol at "hey, we all hate this piece of poo poo, right... what ethnicity is he"

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

If Lowtax refuses to sell or step aside and we get a ResetEra situation where are we going to find out about the cool new forums to migrate to?

Choose
Feb 15, 2020

The point being made is remember the best thing that could have happened wasn't lowtax "getting comeuppance at last", it's if he'd never been an abuser at all. Never let the pain of other people get conflated with any other position or cause than the welfare of those who have been victimized.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DaveSauce posted:

idk what is worse:

or

1) community 2) variety 3) strict moderation

you're not wrong, but I think the broad audience that the forums has tends to lead to a lot of mixing of groups, which helps mitigate the echo chamber effect to some degree and keeps things in check. Don't get me wrong, bullshit circle jerks exist here, but they tend to be worse elsewhere.

How hosed up is your brain?

Get help

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

so not at all as you sit in your chair

I actually move, chubbs.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Incitatus posted:

Also gently caress all of y'all that were clapping and cheering Lowtax on in the divorce thread.

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!
Just a friendly reminder that the last time Lowtax treating a woman like poo poo was discussed on these forums, people were actively punished for questioning him, his demand that goons help take actions against his wife's (the one who fled to a battered women's shelter) GoFundMe, and expressing interest in wanting to hear her side of the story.

It'd be really nice if any mods/admins involved in these bannings had something to say about this.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

DaveSauce posted:

idk what is worse:

or

1) community 2) variety 3) strict moderation

you're not wrong, but I think the broad audience that the forums has tends to lead to a lot of mixing of groups, which helps mitigate the echo chamber effect to some degree and keeps things in check. Don't get me wrong, bullshit circle jerks exist here, but they tend to be worse elsewhere.

I think abuse is worse than posts but that's just me

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is pretty amazing it has been... a little under three months since the "fake attempted coup" April Fools joke to a literal actual coup.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
All Lowtaxes Are Bastards

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Obeah posted:

Just a friendly reminder that the last time Lowtax treating a woman like poo poo was discussed on these forums, people were actively punished for questioning him, his demand that goons help take actions against his wife's (the one who fled to a battered women's shelter) GoFundMe, and expressing interest in wanting to hear her side of the story.

It'd be really nice if any mods/admins involved in these bannings had something to say about this.

Lots of things would be nice in 2020

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
gently caress you Lowtax!!!

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

DaveSauce posted:

idk what is worse:

Most people seem to. Wonder why?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Obeah posted:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Jeffrey just eat Lowtax and then you'll just take his place problem solved, do it like some Greek mythology poo poo or summat

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

it was unreal

lol

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Great job Burt, we're all proud of you for defending a wife beater

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

ImpAtom posted:

It is pretty amazing it has been... a little under three months since the "fake attempted coup" April Fools joke to a literal actual coup.

And with his third abused wife. Coincidence??

No lol.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Obeah posted:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Relevant Tangent posted:

the what? that sounds awesome

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3461819

I barely read books any more so it's slow going for me

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Can someone recap the other 2 allegations? I don't read much on this forum besides cooking bullshit.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Obeah posted:

10 minutes in a 2020 gtr is 10 minutes in a 2020 gtr

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Obeah posted:

So basically Burt Sexual.

G.A.P.O.
Jun 24, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Incitatus posted:

Also gently caress all of y'all that were clapping and cheering Lowtax on in the divorce thread.

Incitatus posted:

Good thing you assholes got LadyAmbien's gofundme taken down.

This right here

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
seize the means of posting

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Obeah posted:

Pretty funny that Reene was one of the banners, and is the same person who posted the sticky forum post

G.A.P.O. posted:

This right here

Or many of us have lives and don't follow ALL the SA drama for 20 years and you look stupid

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Victory Position posted:

you're talking about a guy who has so tightly ingrained his entire life to a website that his sole profession for the last 16 or so years has to been "receive money from a website when people get banned" and "receive money from a website when people make a tiny figure of a person making GBS threads in 32 by 32 pixels"

this is basically a fight for his livelihood and his soul

he lost both a long time ago

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Choose posted:

The point being made is remember the best thing that could have happened wasn't lowtax "getting comeuppance at last", it's if he'd never been an abuser at all. Never let the pain of other people get conflated with any other position or cause than the welfare of those who have been victimized.

this is incredibly stupid, i hth

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Obeah posted:

lmao

fauisuseless
Jun 24, 2020

RESPECT WOMEN!

Obeah posted:

They are collaborators who enabled domestic violence and silenced anyone who thought DV was a bad thing, they get the guillotine too

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Obeah posted:

Burt loving Sexual...jesus

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
remember though, the mods value our community and don't reeeeaaaaaaally want to step down if they can help it

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Victory Position posted:

you're talking about a guy who has so tightly ingrained his entire life to a website that his sole profession for the last 16 or so years has to been "receive money from a website when people get banned" and "receive money from a website when people make a tiny figure of a person making GBS threads in 32 by 32 pixels"
Accruing these skills is definitely a good way to spend the majority of your professional life.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

And the 2020 simulation writers are just hitting their stride!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Obeah posted:

Burt Sexual was just following orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Main › General Bullshit (2552 users browsing)