Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

Am I the only one who isn't a big fan of discord? No threaded discussion, the app's a memory hog, and for some reason I've got two separate logins depending on whether I'm running MacOS or Windows.

Discord for direct messaging/small groups rules, but as someone in a couple of large-ish servers, they suck. I think even if you did specific text channels for companies on a server, it'd just be too busy, especially if you wanna quote something different than the current conversation.

instant live posting PPVs and Dynamites would be fun, tho i think there is a charm in marking out, refreshing, and then seeing 50 new posts with everyone else marking out too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Huntman posted:

Discord for direct messaging/small groups rules, but as someone in a couple of large-ish servers, they suck. I think even if you did specific text channels for companies on a server, it'd just be too busy, especially if you wanna quote something different than the current conversation.

instant live posting PPVs and Dynamites would be fun, tho i think there is a charm in marking out, refreshing, and then seeing 50 new posts with everyone else marking out too.

I legit love going back to old GDTs for moments that ended up being particularly historic (for better or worse) and seeing how people including myself reacted at the time.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
If worse comes to worse it's more important to preserve the community we have now as opposed to threads of yore. Does Slack allow threads? Discord is ok for some things but as others have said its basically just a glorified chatroom.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I made a specific thread to discuss the situation and what might happen to Fight Island

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Codependent Poster posted:

https://twitter.com/CZWiggy/status/1275640333083324416

Kind of lovely for him to attack someone for not speaking out about something they weren't aware of.

This clears it up, thanks. I never saw his initial reply before it was deleted. What a poo poo.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I legit love going back to old GDTs for moments that ended up being particularly historic (for better or worse) and seeing how people including myself reacted at the time.

Even if I can't watch live, I'll still pull up the GDT later to follow the posts as the match goes on.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Von Linus posted:

There's DVDR I suppose?

Lol. This isn't a callout because who cares, but Dean from that site called me a virgin on when I was 14 because I disagreed with him about Zoogz Rift on RSPW.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Until there's a successor I guess I'm ok just posting here since the bandwidth bills were supposedly destroying Lowtax before all the donations. gently caress.

KungFu Grip posted:

who knows when those original stories were from, because i'm sure maybe there was a culture change there at some point. Some of the workers there are brought in and put a mask on too instead of being trained there

How can you argue this after Rory Gulak?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Discord is great for some things but forum-like discussion is definitely not one of them.

Sadly forums like this aren't very popular anymore. Someone could make a subreddit just for Fight Island but I hate reddit and I know I'm not alone in that, twitter has its uses but also sucks even worse than discord for forum-esque communication, offsites are usually doomed... :(

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Have there been any talks to try to buy the forums out? I'd 100% throw money into that. I mean, I don't post here terribly often, but outside of work stuff, this site accounts for about 80% of what I do on the internet, so I'd hate to lose it.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

EdsTeioh posted:

Have there been any talks to try to buy the forums out? I'd 100% throw money into that. I mean, I don't post here terribly often, but outside of work stuff, this site accounts for about 80% of what I do on the internet, so I'd hate to lose it.

Even if that happened, I wouldn't actually trust him to not have a backdoor.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Pinkie Sanchez posted this

https://twitter.com/SuckMePinkie/status/1275799137078906883

and while it is not confirmed it could relate to this?

http://phanaticmag.blogspot.com/2009/09/independent-wrestler-lowry-dies-after.html

DJ Hyde is the scum of the Earth.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
https://twitter.com/NoFunDunne/status/1275745550676168704?s=19

Damian Dunne (Anti fun police) admits having sex with 17 year old when he was 26.

It's probably the best apology so far.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Maxwell Lord posted:

Am I the only one who isn't a big fan of discord? No threaded discussion, the app's a memory hog, and for some reason I've got two separate logins depending on whether I'm running MacOS or Windows.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

If worse comes to worse it's more important to preserve the community we have now as opposed to threads of yore. Does Slack allow threads? Discord is ok for some things but as others have said its basically just a glorified chatroom.

dromal phrenia posted:

Discord is great for some things but forum-like discussion is definitely not one of them.

Sadly forums like this aren't very popular anymore. Someone could make a subreddit just for Fight Island but I hate reddit and I know I'm not alone in that, twitter has its uses but also sucks even worse than discord for forum-esque communication, offsites are usually doomed... :(

Hope this plug doesn't come off as inappropriate but check out an app called Guilded. Unfortunately the branding is still very *gamer* but it's the best of both worlds between forums (threads) and discord (roles, mentions, #s). Don't know if people here will want to create an account for that as I'm aware the convenience of Discord is people are already on it, but I just wanted to share a tool I like that sounds like what you're looking for.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Attack have done the same as riptide

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Pinkie Sanchez posted this

https://twitter.com/SuckMePinkie/status/1275799137078906883

and while it is not confirmed it could relate to this?

http://phanaticmag.blogspot.com/2009/09/independent-wrestler-lowry-dies-after.html

DJ Hyde is the scum of the Earth.

It's 100% this and Sami Callahan is responsible. It's why AIW complete cut ties with him way back when.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Hallowicked leaving Chikara

https://twitter.com/Go2SleepyHollow/status/1275820810033299460

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Cmon Claudio...get wicked in there for a payday. Dudes ridiculously talented.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Red is Dead posted:

Cmon Claudio...get wicked in there for a payday. Dudes ridiculously talented.

Claudio as in Cesaro?

Also: Your username scares me.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Claudio as in cesaro. He used to train with wicked at the chikara factory way back when.

I’m a loving pussycat mate; no need foR yoU to be scared of someoNe like me.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

collocation fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 13, 2020

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

loving around. Definitely being an idiot.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Ugh, what a week. A north tx wrestling buddy of mine was named in some tweets about untoward behavior. No accounts of abuse reference him directly but his shoot name was used and I guess lots of local drama is going on.

Now this Lowtax news.... I need my safe internet place. Yall what's going on? I feel like I've been punched in the gut.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/8oefal/i_remember_reading_a_rumor_that_sami_callihan/

quote:

I remember reading a rumor that Sami Callihan covered up a death at his former westling school but now I can't find any info. Did I dream this?

June 4, 2018

It was a few years ago and I remember I was pretty deep in a forum rabbit hole when I read it. Someone involved in the alleged cover up was posting about it. Something about a wrestler dying in the ring from a botched move that they passed off as a prexisting medical condition or something for insurance reasons. Does anyone else remember this or have any more info?

Sami on MySpace after Matt Riot's death:

quote:

Matt...... I feel so dead inside. Your my everything buddy, and you have been my best friend for as long as I can remeber. I dont know what im going to do without you, your where supposed to be my best man at my wedding bro. I cant belive you are gone, I dont wanna say goodbye, this just isnt fair bro. I dont know how im gonna live without you man. You where the one person I could talk to......Your my brother. I love you...................................................................

So it appears Sami killed his best friend (inadvertently I'm guessing) but lied about it to the police and the victim's family

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

collocation posted:

Two people who were there immediately debunked it, including one of the guy's friends. And Pinkie frequently lies on twitter.

Ace Delic just admitted he didn't see the incident

https://twitter.com/Acedelic/status/1275844520375136258

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

collocation posted:

Are you trying to say something or just loving around?

These are jokes based on our usernames.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

collocation posted:

Pinkie is a bad source, also admitted he wasn't there, and does actually lie, like he did today. It's not a victim statement or a witness statement. So far, the only person who was there is someone who was working on taking down Hyde while Pinkie was still working with Hyde in 2018, a friend of the person who died, and very unhappy with Pinkie for hurting the case against Hyde by lumping false stuff in.

(It also wouldn't be sexual abuse, even if it was true.)

in case you haven’t noticed the op thinks they’re judge dredd

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

collocation posted:

(It also wouldn't be sexual abuse, even if it was true.)

So you don't want me to include a murder allegation among sexual assault allegations, not because it's proven untrue, but because it's not a sexual assault allegation

What the gently caress?

We're purging all shitheads here, not just the rapists

We do not discriminate

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

collocation fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 13, 2020

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

collocation posted:

The women who guested on POST who is starting and ORG stressed how important it is that the victims tell their own stories, and that people don't try to tell them for them.

Maybe Pinkie is speaking for someone or multiple people who want to speak up, but prefer to remain anonymous?

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

collocation posted:

Maybe Pinkie literally posted an unrelated lie within the same 20 minute period he posted this stuff. Hang your hat on someone who just now lied and risk hurting actual victims who came out about their own stories.

The tweets are presented in the OP for people to judge the allegations for themselves

If mods want me to create a separate "Sami Callihan allegedly murdered Matt Riot in 2009" thread, I can do that

By saying "this is a lie" without evidence, I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish - the guy you cited didn't witness whatever trauma happened to Matt Riot, just him collapsing, and the girl you cited was only at the hospital after his collapse

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is the op's custom title new or old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

is the op's custom title new or old

New. I think they got it when they were speculating about Kylie Rae?